Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falcon Wagons!! Who's got em'? PICS!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Degreaser, Feb 3, 2007.

1. slysball

slysball

Here is a couple of shots of mine I built a few years back. The dash and steering wheel is out of a 1960 Comet S-22

0412phr_smoy_10_z.jpg

IMG_0245.JPG

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Just saw this one at '40 Ford Day in Anaheim. Perfectly restored '65 V8 2-door. Rare car!

[​IMG]

3. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Cool "barnfind" 1-owner 1962 Deluxe Falcon wagon in UT.
    ~~~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

...Falcon folks usually like pictures of more uncommon Comets.
    Here is one you won't see again soon. Only wagon people would care!

1962 C omet Vi llager woodie.

Mercury's version of the Falcon Squire...they definitely made the fender "wood" design look less cartoony than the 1962-63 Falcon squire rounded shape!

1962 was the first year.
    Here are pictures of the only 3 real 1962s that I have ever been able to verify "exist"!

I have only seen (1) pictures of a 1963. The guy who gave me the photo had sold it in 1990! Anyone ever seen another 1962 or 1963 anywhere?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  5. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Nice unrestored 1962 Deluxe in New Mexico for sale.
    Not mine. Just cool pictures he sent me.
    ===

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  6. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

7. I built this sister wagon (Comet) for my wife (now in New Zealand, the wagon, not the wife)
    [​IMG]

And this was ours in 1960 when it was new
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  8. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

stationWAGONS, that's pretty fascinating about the Comet woodie wagons. Never knew they existed.

I sold a 1960 Comet two-door wagon--sans wood--and I've been kicking myself ever since.

Love those Falcons and Comets.

9. aces52

aces52

Hey nice cars I have a 1963 Ford Falcon Sedan Delivery and it's all Original runs great in and out need some room it can be had ? only 925 made so how many do you think are left ? nice car. 949-547-7269 Bob

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I get to play on this one! The girlfriends '62 unluxe... Just about as standard as it gets except tinted windows. We got it without engine and trans about late Jan., and have been picking away at it between customer stuff ever since. Tru-spokes, narrow whites, lowered a bit w/Shelby drop, 200/C4 combo, Comet S-22 dash insert, A/C, original paint, 54,000 miles showing. Gonna be your basic driver, dog hauler, trip taker, Home Depot runner, and hopefully... Late model F**KING Mercedes that I have to work on replacement!

Attached Files:

11. There's two for sale on the Amarillo, Tx craigslist right now, one could be rebuilt and one looks like a parts car. CHEAP though

12. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I dunno about those two. Good for sheetmetal, and not sure what else. All the glass is gone, by the looks of it.

Fun to look, though.

13. JimSwann

JimSwann

My daily driver.

Attached Files:

14. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

============================

I saw in another thread how much you had done on the mechanicals, I think.
    Sounds like it'll be a nice driver.

Can we see a picture of the *Comet* dash cluster in the Falcon dash?
    Seen other peopl on here mention that idea...
    I keep looking at those flashy 1960-61 Comet jet-age styled dash clusters thinking they'd look a lot more stylish than the rectangular Falcon ones, in a Falcon project.
    Here's a 1960 in a Comet still.

Attached Files:

15. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

=============================
    Hey - I have been looking for that picture of your black 1960 again on here...
    I can't remember if I saw it on one of the other Falcon threads, or wagon threads.
    It's one of the few pictures I can even find of a 1960 4-dr Comet wagon...except the one I just made a deal on up North of here. They have cool lines and taillights:

Attached Files:

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I can shoot a picture of the dash for you if you would like. I don't have the comet cluster in place yet, just simply because it's still 112-117 degrees out for the last two months... Customer stuff comes first, and by 11 A.M, my day is pretty much done for doing my stuff. As soon as the weather cools I'll get it and the last few running details handled and do a quickie "build" thread on it. I've got some great pictures of HER putting the engine in, painting the raised letters on the valve cover, and pulling the Comet cluster and other details at a wrecking yard here in town. All in a days work for your average CHANEL cosmetics rep kinda gal, I'm sure!

17. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

I got a set of black '65 Galaxie steelies sitting in my back yard with no tires on them and I every time I look at this pic I am reminded how great black rims, trim rings and chrome lugs can look. sweet ride, dude - simple and clean.

18. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

Here is my 64 V-8 Squire and my 62 Delux 2 door.

Attached Files:

19. OldCrow

OldCrow

This gasser project was next to me at last weekends local show. high enough to provide tons of shade :) . got lots of onlookers.

Russ

Attached Files:

20. fist person i thought of when i saw this thread. we stayed at the same hotel as you for the roundup and were parked a little bit above you in the garage so everytime id pass your car id drool, then we'd get to the show and id drool some more haha. your ride was definately one of my top 5 favorites at lsru man

21. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

Here's some pictures of a 62 Super Deluxe Squire I found a few years ago. Very rare with factory buckets and console. The vin tag reads

71D J 85 29C 25 53

2H26V558278

just in case you can't read my small picture. It was a very rare car. It was in very bad shape. It had been sitting for a long time with no glass. It's gone to the great junkyard in the sky now. It did catch my eye tho. She was a looker in the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Duane in Tennessee

22. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

What...! No way.
    The 3 1962 Comets I showed pictures of - one of them was a bucket seat car.

Falcon Squires were "kind of" rare with the bucket seat / console...
    But the Villagers were so low production, and very few were bucket seats.

I have found the 1962 sales literature for the Villager and then a special mid-year bulletin about the bucket interior.
    COOL find on that one out in the weeds. Luckily you thought enough of it to document it to share.

Attached Files:

23. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

Thanks man wish i could have met you. I really appreciate the compliments, means alot!

24. trksmth

trksmth

Here's one from eBay...

Attached Files:

25. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Since you're letting Comets in, here is the 63 Custom my son and I are working on when time permits. The new engine is on the mounts and we just need to wrap things up and get her running.

[​IMG]

26. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

...No pictures showed up...

27. gaslightkustoms

gaslightkustoms
    from 101 north

her names" Betty ford" her title is
    "searching for beaches"
    built by jake dewsburuy of Antioch ca.... this fine machine is mine now and feel blessed to own her...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  28. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

GasLight=RatPink He is not an FNG... Car looks great homey!!! Can't wait until you can do a build post on the Mizztress!!!

29. Kyle Counsil

Kyle Counsil

I did one a few years back (pix in my profile) I still have the Futura trim all perfect shape removed labeled and boxed even the trim for the gas door (super rare) PM me if intrested...Kyle

30. Kewl65

Kewl65

Not yet finished :mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mcnally351 and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.