Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time spent on the HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WZ JUNK, Jan 5, 2012.

1. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I noticed that this would be my 1000 post in just nearly 10 years on this board. I do not remember how many post I had on the earlier versions of the board but I can not imagine me making 1000 post in just 10 years. I have got to spend less time on the computer and more time in the shop.

John

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now thats funny right there.

Since I have changed my job, my hamb time has definitely dropped. I simply have too many more important things to do. Visit daily yes, but I bet I havent posted more than 50 posts in the last 3 years.

Can you imagine the number of actual hours spent reading on here????
    The post time is just the tip of the iceberg!!

Your comment is perfect. Yes we all need to spend more time doing life stuff along with car stuff.
    We should all follow your steps.....

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. No I need to spend more time in the shop. @ 1000 in 10 years you are away from the computer more than enough.

4. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Amen... shop time is King...

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I spend probably too much time on the HAMB and net as a whole due to my work schedule of work my butt off for a couple of hours and sit for couple of hours and then work my butt off again and sit again.

I did manage to get outside at home and work on a rig for a couple of hours though. 55degrees at 8pm in Central Washington state on the fourth of January who would have thunk it. I tried that "gravity bleeding" and evidently 91 Grand Caravans aren't candidates for that ditty and I still had to get the wife out and "pump it".

6. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Just passed 1000 myself, took me 7 years so im right there with ya , I think I need to work more...

I saw a guy the other day that had 7500 in like a year or so, and all I was thinking was "Jesus christ that guy must never get anything done" lol

7. 1ton

1ton

AAh.. the quality time spent on the HAMB. I sure beats sitting around watching tv now does'nt it.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'm guilty of the same thing. Working on my new shop daily seems endless, like it'll never get finished! So I work to a stopping point, then come in and check out the ol' HAMB.

I noticed I have a few posts also... Still, I have to wonder why my building isn't finished yet???

9. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

I would say far too much time but that isn't actually correct. There is just masses of stuff to read and see, it's an inspirational overdose and it's all learning. I have an old beat up laptop in my garage and thats where i spend most nights and weekends, throwing spanners and dropping in on the HAMB.

10. John, your stats show only .26 posts per day. I think you are either fine or a VERY SLOW reader and typist! ;)

11. Mattilac

Mattilac

Just joined the four-digit club myself!

12. lawman

lawman

I'm retired and spent about 2 to 4 hours a day on the HAMB.
    On the days I feel good and it's warm I hit the shop.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny how things work. people who spend time too much time on the HAMB think they are wasting time and should be out working in the shop.

people who sit around and watch sports all day never think they should be out shooting hoops instead of watching TV.

14. I've dropped down from 23 hours a day to 18-19ish because the HAMB has enabled me hotrod my keyboard and type faster!:eek:

15. I joined in August of 08 and am now at 826 posts. I've posted when I think I have something to add to the thread, or could inject some humor, In this case, I have nothing to add and nothing funny to say, so I'll just head out to the garage and color sand awhile. See ya soon for # 827....

16. Hello, my name is Donnie and I am addicted to The HAMB.

17. Yes, the HAMB can eat up a lot of shop time. On the other hand, I think about all the time I have saved by learning better ways to do things and all the inspiration I have received. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

18. Post counts like that usually add up to an awful lot of "hey that's cool"

Hey I just did a quick calc. I make about 4.8 posts a day. Or 1,785 a year. Seems like more than that to me. I'll have to crunch the numbers again.

19. I've posted a little over 3000 in a little over three years and I sill get enough shop time to complete two major projects and a few little ones. what's wrong with me?

20. That's cool!

21. I just want you to remember one thing. Everyone likes a smart ass. :D:D

22. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'd have to agree...sounds like you're in the shop or away from the H.A.M.B. more then you think. Hell, I've racked 1,241 posts here since just 2008...and have managed to build two Model T's and am currently in the process of re-building my 26' Roadster..

..I think you're doing fine :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

23. Just stop it. You owe the HAMB a lot more technical advice than you have time to deal out while you spend so much time in the shop.

I've seen the gow job before but I don't believe I have ever seen the speedster. Both are pretty smooth, ya got time to give some details in the speedster?

maybe start a different thread?

24. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry about that...:eek:
    No worries! I'm back to work now, so I won't be on here as much... :):(

25. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i spend far too much time on here

26. Just remember. It's not the size of your post count that matters, it's how you use it. ;)

27. MrModelT

MrModelT

Oh come on.....you know you like it :D

I do owe the H.A.M.B. a ton of tech advice and I'm trying to make good on that with my extensive weekly updates on my re-build thread here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308741&highlight=mrmodelt

You haven't seen the speedster, The "Becker Special" yet? Way ahead of ya on the separate thread...check this out and enjoy:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486634&highlight=mrmodelt

28. Thanks friend.

29. MrModelT

MrModelT

..You got it buddy ;)

30. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Brother, I've been sitting out in your shop all morning-guess you're on the computer again. Get back to work. Better get your old truck out today. This weather is sure a gift in January.