Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new project 1951 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Thanks 48 you know it , at this time of year if you can squeeze a day or two your lucky . I am on holidays between christmas and new years and hope to find some time between turkey suppers LOL! Happy Holidays as well to you . Andy...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. Orn

Orn

Right on Andy. Keep it up and Merry X- mas.

3. Well I am trudging along . The slow boring stuff seems to take so long . :mad: . I had to drill out all the spotwelds and fix the left side of the crossmember. The cage that held the bodymount nut was toast as well so I duplicated it from the right side that was still excellant .The new one is in the 3rd pic along with the repaired ends of the crossmember . I cut out all the bad rust from the seatpan and fixed any rust issues that the spotweld flanges might have had . It seems like a lot cut out but the ends would have to go , good or bad anyways . The last couple pics are just of the floor seatpan starting to be welded back onto the rear riser trunkpan that is over the coil spring pockets . Slow but sure I'll get there just like all you guys out there , I am sure you know what I mean . Andy...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  4. nali

nali

It s just the floor :p Welding a brand new one is easier than patching an old rusty. I removed mine also. I ll save time :p

5. Nali , Hows it goin . Keep in mind the the frame is of a caprice and I checked Cross Canada Auto Parts and Pro Bodyparts and they dont have floorpans for a Caprice . Once the seat riser pan is in I will begin tying in the wheelwells and the rear section to the inner rockers . Once that is done the fun begins . Its what everyones been waiting for . Chop, Chop , Chop , Andy

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  6. nali

nali

I know it s a Caprice frame .... Too bad you didn t keep the Buick frame. but this is just my opinion.
    Of course nothing fit. Maybe that s why people in this hobby simply call this "building a car "
    Once again , sorry for my english, I m french and quite drunk :p
    I may begin my Buick 38 for spring. Working for now on my OT 1966 Rambler :p

7. fitzee

fitzee

Man its been awhile sence i seen this post.. you moving along nicely.. Im back at mine now and over here looking for motor mount ideas!!lol

8. Yeah I see your at it again . I am subscribed . i like the idea of the 55 chev quarterpanel sections . Looks pretty cool in your example picture . Andy...

9. More tying in of the rear sheetmetal ,wheelwells and inner rockers . I cant believe now that the driver side is somewhat tied together the drivers door closes so much easier . The pasenger side inner rocker return is now in , Pic 4 and now I can tie in the rest of the middle crossmember to the return . This will make the car very solid . At this point I will begin the disassembly of the glass and trim for the chop . Stay tuned , It will be a couple weeks away yet . Andy..

Attached Files:

10. fitzee

fitzee

Man your been cutting fitting and welding.. looks like alot of work.. keep it up before long you will have a bottom!!

11. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Catching back up, Andy. Looking good. You Canadian fuckers amaze me with your dogged pursuit of rust repair. Ya'll are a determined bunch.

Catching up on you next, Fitzee.

12. Brerhair hows it goin man ? thought you fell off the face of the earth . I see now on your build site all the shit that been happening . Yes the kids and family are the most essential in your life I agree . We on the HAMB will be here . The HAMB does tend to suck you in though thats a fact , so many cool builds and we think we have to see them all . Anyway welcome back man . C-Ya , Andy...

13. Had to move the car out today to clean the shop and take advantage of the nice day for some outside shots prior to the immenent chop. Have a look . :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Wow! It looks great.

15. wow! It's amazing how far you've come and how much metal you've added!! haha Keep up the great work. I've enjoyed following along on your build.

16. Thanks Hi volt for the comments . Stay tuned this will get interesting in a few weeks if all goes well

17. Thanks cowboy1 . Hows the mopar coming along ??/

18. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

Wow, it really looks like a car again :)

19. farmer12

farmer12

Looks great in the daylight, awesome work!

20. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

Very Slow. LOL. Last year was a very busy year for me. I got married and we had family coming in from diffrent countries. A lot of thing needed to get done before the big day so that put the project on the back burner. I hope to start again on it in a few days but, then I'm going back to college.
    I'll keep you posted on the progress.
    Larry

21. robleticia

robleticia

WOW!!! looks really good in the light! Awesome work!!!!!

22. robleticia

robleticia

Remember this????!!!![​IMG]

23. robleticia

robleticia

Sorry, don't know why that turned out so huge?

24. robertsregal

robertsregal

I have to sat that your buick is coming along very nice, impressive metal work!!

25. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Lookin' really good!

26. dvs

dvs

A little help for Robleticia. :)

[​IMG]

27. Thanks Hivolt . Your work on the truck is coming along nicely as well

Thanks M K I agree I am pleased to be at this point at least .

Nice work as well on your Mopar . I am sure UPS will come good for new window trim . ( Yeah Right )

Yes Rob I agree . You need to put your project out in daylight once in a while to get a whole new perspective .

Thanks for the comments Rob . I will have to check your thread out to see what your up to .

Thanks S A

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats looking really nice,keep it up!

29. Thanks Finnrodder . I cant wait to get the rest tied together so I can start the chop . !!! Andy...

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow Andy thats loooking great ! It must feel good to see it outside and looking like a car ! I like to roll the 47 out for a look when I can ...seeing it out side and being able to walk around it gets me pumped up! Too bad we werent a little closer together I would offer to come help with the wacking of the top:D