Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Gomer and Sergeant Carter.... ;)

2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Fast Times & AG....

3. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Dennis , Tommy & Mr. Wilson; Toody & Muldoon....

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drug cartel caught on American soil!!:D:D

5. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Easy & Dumb....

6. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Jerry & friends....

7. automaticslim

automaticslim
    from new jersey

Yeah, I saw that. Very cool.

8. automaticslim

automaticslim
    from new jersey

Is that Darrell Derringer?

9. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Seems to me like we are getting a bit off track with movie and tv stills from recent years. Not exactly Vintage Pics of Days Gone By, not by Hamb standards atleast.

10. scrubba

scrubba

I can't argue that ! scrubba

11. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Yup. Seems that we are goin' astray here. VERY astray. Damn shame.

12. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

That and I've noticed more pics popping up of new pics of old cars...

13. scrubba

scrubba

Actually, this is sad , at least to me . I enjoy seeing actual shots of what REALLY was , not some faded memory and doctored up stuff as in what I see passing for so called Nostalga today. I build exibits for several clients . I use a lot of what I see in these old shots to clinch my case for "What was ". Hey, if the Movie still people want that, they simply need to do it in THEIR own thread , not this one . "THATS ALL- Michiael SAVAGE!

14. flynstone

flynstone

yea lets not get this closed, how about vintage shots (pictures of cars is my interpretation).............am i wrong?

15. Good point guys! And I gotta agree. I've strayed a bit with some posts but will work to get things back on track. That said, how's about a flyin' mid 50s Caddy?:
    [​IMG]

Pauljrestomod97 likes this.
  16. flynstone

flynstone

17. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

There was nothing about cars in the first thread. I have really enjoyed all of the pictures

18. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Show me the "HAMB standards" so I can follow the rules. Where are they written down at? How old is "vintage?" "Days gone by" could be last week in my opinion. Please explain....

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

They where there in front of you when you agreed to the rules when you signed up. But here you go, click on link then click on second to the last word of the second sentance.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  20. Cougar67

Cougar67
    from Central VA

Maybe we've come to the end of the internet? No way. Is anyone from Pittsburgh? I'm not but I just found an archive from 30's-60's at http://teenie.cmoa.org It's a photographer for a Pittsburgh paper, Teenie Harris. I'll try to post some I liked. If your right click to "save" I've tried to give them some caption:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Henry Ford was determined that he could mass produce bombers just as he had done with cars.
    He built the Willow Run assembly plant and proved it.. It was the world's largest building under one roof, even then FORD HAD A BETTER IDEA!

This film will absolutely blow you away - one B-24 every 55 minutes.
    OVER 1 Million Parts! ADOLF HITLER HAD NO IDEA THE U.S. WAS CAPABLE OF THIS KIND OF THING.
    There is no way he could have even guessed.

For those who live outside of Michigan , Willow Run is near Bellville, Canton and Ypsilanti , MI

It's amazing that one B-24 came off the assembly line every 55 minutes

Take a few minutes to watch this snapshot of history.

bomber_plant.wmv

22. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

Who rattled the cage of the whiners? Moe, Jimi, Lebowski, and a bunch of others have made contributions that have created one of the most remarkable threads of all time. If you don't like the stuff related to old movies, TV, etc., just skip it and go on to something you do like. There is something here for everyone. Nothing is more tiresome than listening to complainers. I can't be the only one who feels that way.

kbgreen likes this.
  23. moefuzz

moefuzz

"The Arsenal of Democracy"

24. tin_indians

tin_indians

25. nukeGM

nukeGM

I enjoy all the pics but I think what some people are getting at is that the HAMB is for things 1964 and earlier.
    Yes its true that this is a hot rod forum but like others, I enjoy all the things that used to be good in life, a 5 cent Coke, The Jack Benny Radio Program, full service gas stations and gas at 35 cents, a steam train whistle at 3 oclock in the morning, 2 channels on the TV, pretty girls in fuzzy sweaters, mariachi static on the radio and tubes that glow in the dark
    And this thread embodies all of that and so much more

The truth is that the thread has really grown in popularity over the last year and I dont think anybody wants this grand history lesson to dissapear but it can be expected that as the thread grows, more and more newbies will start posting. And many of them will not yet have grasped the idea that the HAMB is a '64 and earlier forum and that this thread is more or less all about things leading up to the mid 60's

Thank you Ryan and Thank You to all who post, Im willing to bet that weve barely scratched the surface of what is proving to be one of the worlds greatest informal picture history lesson thats available anywhere.
    Please keep up the good work and please dont let the odd minor newbie speed bumps stand in the way of moving forward or in our case, back in time.

26. nukeGM

nukeGM

I didnt think it was a jealousy thing, I though it was because her nips were starting to show and that was back in a day when America was much more conservative.

27. Heo2

Heo2

They dont build them like they used to:p

28. swi66

swi66

29. swi66

swi66

I guess I'm guilty as well as not following policy.
    Nostalgia is all relative I guess.
    I've submitted a lot of movie stills from movies from the mid 60's to early 70's.
    Vanishing Point, Two Lane Blacktop are a couple that don't fit the guidelines, so are TV shows like Bewitched that started in 64, but lasted until 72. The Batman TV series lasted 66-68. Man from UNCLE 64-68.
    Also my recent NIAGARA drag strip pictures are post 64.

But what about other threads on the HAMB like the Jungle Pam thread? Those are post 64.

Is the "line" really that clearly defined?????

30. outlaw256

outlaw256

PERFECT! i live in the past so these pics help me to find my way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.