Register now to get rid of these ads!

I hear you guys like "barn finds" too. What do you think of this one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KUBE, Jan 3, 2012.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

insert the icon for jaw hitting the floor...here. wow!~

2. 35cab

35cab

Oh wow! That is beautiful, I hope I do not get abuse for this and as much as I love the patina, would it not be nice to polish what paint there was ? You have done a great job on getting it going.
    Whatever, congratulations you are a lucky man, enjoy.

3. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

F'ING WOW......! GREAT find or acquisition or whatever.....respect it and treasure it....Damn!

4. Unreal, very nice find indeed!

5. kma4444

kma4444

I agree, most definitely a great thing to have. Of course I would clean it up as much as possible, it deserves to show as much of it's original beauty as it can. Leaving the crud on it doesn't do the ol' thing justice. It should be remembered and experienced for the first time as pretty as it can be, not hiding under it's robe of neglect.

Of course, it ain't mine, when I find one I can clean it as much as I want I suppose. It's great that you have it driving and are doing so!! Thanks for sharing your treasure.

6. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Hmmm. Must have meant Missouri. :D

Dude. it IS a barn find. Diff was that you've kept an eye on that barn until you could afford to get it and get started. Big CONGRATS! :cool: It shows that, while rare, they are still out there. Awesome.

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

WOW! Unbelievable! Finding one like that has got to be every car nuts dream! Congrats on saving that one!

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you found it in a barn, it's a barn find.

Congratulations. I'd have a hard time keeping it totally stock but do whatever makes you happy. Looking forward to seeing pics of it hittin' the road.

9. Moparts

Moparts

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

My dream car. Lucky you.
    Thaty engine looks to me like it has been worked on. Did you work on the engine before taking these pics?
    What a solid car! Good for you

11. sodas38

sodas38

Everybody's dream to stumble across something like this. That is a great lookin coupe as it sits. Take good care of her for the next guy.

12. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

They are still out there, as far as the patina goes, I would leave it as is and maybe show it once or twice, then update the brakes,clean it up and have fun with it like a kid in the 50's would have. Update it slowly during the week and drive on the weekends like a kid would have done it. Let it evolve slowly
    into the finished car that you want it to be and enjoy the ride. Congrats, and keep us posted Scott

13. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

:eek: Nice!

;) Agreed!

14. ChefMike

ChefMike

That is a Great Find ! Best of Luck

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's something I cut from his original post in this thread. You will find your answer here:

"I have done only what was absolutely necessary to make this car both reliable and road worthy. I have rebuilt the engine and engine accessories (starter, generator, distributor, etc), as well as the transmission, shock absorbers & brakes. I have replaced the tires, wiring harness, clutch, fuel line and king pins. I've boiled out the fuel tank, installed NOS springs and rewired the car as well. "

16. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

what a beautiful ride,love those 5winders

18. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I once found a 1951 Schwinn DX in a garage where it had sat since the early 60s, I most ceratainly considered it it a garage find.

19. OldTC

OldTC

I've been looking at those photos over and over again. Thanks.

"If walls could talk",...hell! If interiors could talk...I'd drag up an ice-chest and listen.

20. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Not by me ... patina and period correct sure don't mean funky! But it certainly is a wonderful find! Congratulations to the OP.

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea that is a drem come true there, I woulddie to find that car, I seem to find 32's all the time, not a big fan of them, I am a 33/34 fan, those are my dream cars, never find them.... I would wash and polish that car as best and as carefully as I could and make the best out of the original paint I could, then I would carefully pull the mechanical brakes and the original exhaust, then put a set of duals on it with juice brakes and that would be my baby till they burried me with a smile. That car would take my to my death bed. Jim

22. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

All I can say is beautiful!!!

23. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

24. sololobo

sololobo

I guess it would do in a pinch! Ha, cool man cool, what a knock out, congrats bro! ~sololobo~

25. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yeah well how about spreadin' the wealth a bit next time you find one!:D

Nice car Kube, she's a BEAUT!

26. Wow! Spool jealous! One of my bucket list cars

27. KUBE

KUBE
    from USA

Private message sent...

28. Totally awesome..Nice score!!!

29. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Heck...I give a hoot if you pulled it out of a spaceship! That's one for the record books. Good show my man!