Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whatch this guy on Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

redpinespygmys posted a set of V/C on the classifieds this morning, 3 min. later I posted I would take them, he sent his e-mail addy than the post was deleted? Than I get this PM from him;
    "Was sold to the highest bidder, it's the American Way!"
    Thought this wasn't an auction site!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

He won't last much longer.
    B.B.

3. scrubba

scrubba

I've never had to deal with speculators here an hopefull, I never will. That kina crap goes to Krack list an Evil Bay , not here !!!!!!!!!!!!! scrubba

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

since this is not an auction site, he should go away and not come back, the HAMB is not for him..

5. Did you report him to the moderators?

6. oj

oj

How did it occur that somebody knew to make a higher offer? If he was 'auctioning' then, seems to me, he would've contacted you for counter offer (assuming he wanted the highest bidder).

7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I think this post will get sombody's attention.
    I don't think a member can delete all the post on the thread and it was deleted. Another member who will remain in the back ground for now posted he would like to be second inline, maybe he was the one to start the bidding war.

I can't be the only one this has happened to by him.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

9. I have been looking at the classifieds recently and found there are quite a few guys that only post stuff for sale there. Kinda creepy/sleezy if you ask me.

10. He sold them out from under you, deffo not the right thing to do.

I've had it happen with car sales elsewhere (not online). Someone comes along with more $$ and the classless seller takes it.

Bob

11. oj

oj

Then there are at least two people that have 'crossed the line'. We all have been tempted to offer something a little higher when informed that we weren't the 1st responder for a much needed item but i have never 'crossed the line', in order for this sytem to work we have to respect and follow the rules or just plain bad shit happens.
    Thanks for posting.

12. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

If they have just a few posts and they are in the classifieds, then they are not here for the right reasons... and for that reason alone I don't deal with them or trust them.

13. It may be the American way, but not the HAMB way. Ryan provides a service for us to buy/sell/trade. The only price we have to pay for this service is adherence to the rules.

14. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

There are alot worse things somebody can do than sell something out from under you. An advertisement is not a contract.

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

It is here I believe!

16. troylee

troylee

If the new american way is to fuck your buddy. I guess he is right. Need to turn google off to the hamb, to many jack nuts poppin up .

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You have got to be kidding me. So what you are condoning is to not honor your word to another person? It is especially bad when you do it to another forum member because of the relationships we form on here.

I guess the new way of thinking is "Screw the other guy, I'll get as much as I can regardless." :mad: That is the problem with the world today, no one honors their word .

Don

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Other sites I'm on only allow classifies to people that contribute. If you only go there to sell, you are banned. Hopefully the moderators will see this thread and boot the guy off.

19. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Is this the new way to think about being wronged?

20. 117harv

117harv

I'm with you Don, i have sold items and had half a dozen or more PMs in a few minutes. Most want the item depending on shipping costs,if they pass it's on to the next recieved PM. I let the others know that i'm waiting to hear back and if they pass which order in line they are.

As the old saying goes..bad news travels fast...and here it is clearly evident.

As stated earlier he is only here to sell, will he even see this thread?

21. havi

havi

American Way? John Wayne and I would disagree. I'm with Don.

22. papajohn

papajohn

Can't let it get to you. Someone listed something here and I pm'd him ten minutes after listing it. I said "I'll take it. Let me know what shipping is to 14127" He replied "ok I will let you know" the next day i pm'd him again and he said he already sold it!

Some guys are just jerks. Its ok to want a fair price or even a high price if the buyer is willing to pay it, but you dont agree to sell and then sell to someone else.

I don't have a problem with guys listing but not posting. maybe they don't have any good input to offer. But you have to play by the rules.

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I thought they were going to clean up the classifieds and rid them of all the people who come here only to sell??? guess not.

24. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I sent him this thread, here's his response;
    "These are My Valve Covers And I Can Sell Them To Who Ever I Wish . I'm Glad I Didn't Sell THem To You Sure Such a Dick !"

25. Thanks for the warning, I don't like to do business with people who don't stand by their word....or that are assholes.....

26. He's right - He can sell them to whomever he wishes - But with that attitude and the response he sent, word will get around pretty quick that he is a jack hole and he won't be selling much of anything to anyone!
    Personally, I hope they ban him - he doesn't add to the site anyway.

27. I hate when it gets to be only about the buck! The Hamb has been a great place for most of us who help each other be it with posts, info, cyber friendships, leads, buying and selling. I have both received and given things free of charge with no shipping fees to help another Hamber in good faith with his needs. I was introduced to this from an ole timer who did it for me and just asked to pass it on.......I did so... and some.... and it is a good feeling......When selling I will start a first response list and honor it for the sale.......what I have been finding out is with the high cost of shipping some buyers are reluctant to follow through because of the high shipping costs. Sometimes one will get lucky with a fellow Hamber willing to move the parts on their trips. I guess communication is key when setting up the deals.....unfortunately not all deals go smooth.......that damn dollar ruins a lot of things for us. :eek: If guilty of scammin the Hamb, step up to the real car guy world and honor your dealin's on here:cool:.....thats not a lot to ask! Or is it?

28. mrdodge

mrdodge

Plenty of these sort of clowns on the auction sites. Don't need em here !!!:(

29. roundvalley

roundvalley

It is because in his profile he is DISABILED.

30. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You should be glad you didn't buy them from this Jerk. :mad: We sold some parts on the HAMB a while back and UPS lost them . We were not going to put the buyer through having to wait for reimbursement so we refunded all his money and told him if they showed up to just let us know. 21 days later UPS dropped the parts off at his door and he contacted us immediately and said he was sending the money, and he did just that.

That is the kind of treatment you would expect one HAMBer to give another, and the honesty we all try for. The guy with the valve covers is not a HAMBer, he is a USER. I think he should be banned.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.