Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Harry Luzader's 32. Seen it run in Dallas at the Spring Nationals in 1972. Car would scream and Harry could twist that four speed.
    Want to know what a hot rod looks and runs like.............just see Luzader's 32 and you will know!

Thanks Harry for the great memories!

1940 Willys Coupe

2. WCD

WCD

Mr Ed actually had metalflake gel coat mixed in the fiberglass-no need to paint ladies! Note Doug Cook in serving as crew chief incited an abandoment of Mazmanian's choice of cam from Isky to Engle. Politics makes for strange bed fellows.

3. WCD

WCD

In speaking of 4 speeds, one of the greatest efforts was seeing Ken Dondero piloting the Panella Trucking BB/GS Anglia. I saw him earn R/U in comp elim at 1970 Winternationals. Went through a 32 car field, banging the gears that sat behind a blown 301" Chevy. Finally, Jack Ditmars Opel caught him.

4. rick finch

rick finch

5. WCD

WCD

Very nice car that would occassionally venture south for points meets, major events and the odd BB/GS circuit show. Car would skate and bounce as Dondero banged the gears.

6. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

[​IMG]

There is an Art Carr endorsement on the back quarter, must have been a clutchflite. Rare scene for one of those, but that's why sanctioning bodies req'd SEMA approved safety blankets none the less.
    Tom S.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. daleepp

daleepp

The car that Snake & Brandt are working on was Lil' John Buttera Cuda almost identicle to the car that Shumacher won Indy with in 1970. (I think the pic was in 1971) They were both really trick pieces with independent front suspension etc. Snake didn't have a lot of success with his however and went back to his older straight axle car to finish out his year. This car's biggest claim to fame was that it flewthrough the lights in Seattle - while on fire. Awesome run indeed!

Dale

Attached Files:

8. Is this the car that Ken Dondero drove? If so I would like to send his daughter a copy. Thanks

9. WCD

WCD

Yes it is. It was a jewel of a ride.

10. Great, thanks. Just e-mailed a picture to his daughter. Sure she enjoy seeing it.

11. Still_Crazy

Still_Crazy
    from . .

Yellow Fang… Big Daddy Roth’s top fuel dragster

[​IMG]

12. Ivory Hunter

Ivory Hunter
    from Texas

George 'bushmaster'
    Frank 'The prune'
    Tony 'The loner'

Attached Files:

13. edweird

edweird

i always loved this coupe. does anybody know if he and\or the car is still around?

14. brandon

brandon

From what I remember reading, the guy he sold it to still has it and wont sell it. Bitchin ride

15. 71Dart440

71Dart440
    from Wichita KS

A young Buster Couch (r.i.p.) working the tree in the background

16. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

George aka the "Bushmaster" has built a Drag Race Museum/Restraunt/Bar just east of Springfield Mo. on I-44. The building is huge and has been up for some time, however it is not open yet, supposedly he is going to fire up a top fueler in there every now and then.(hope he has a good ventilation system)Looking in the doors you can see a lot of memoriblia and looks like you could open the doors turn on the lights and be in business. I have heard Big Daddy has a car on loan in there along with some others. As you look in the doors it looks like you are stepping onto a drag strip complete with christmas tree. Can't wait 'till it opens to see the rest.

17. mrtc4w

mrtc4w

WOW! Please keep us posted!!

Thanks,
    Marty
    Marysville, OH

18. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

What will the name of this place be? A website?
    Tom S. in Tn.

19. That is awesome news; this will make a great day-trip motorcycle ride from KC. How far out of Springfield is it?

20. skywolf

skywolf

21. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Definitely Colton. Cajon Pass in the distance behind the timing stand.

22. skywolf

skywolf

23. WCD

WCD

Irwindale was an atypical So-Cal track in that were close enough to get a close up of the driver. Seeing Dondero drive the Panella Anglia was a treat as his antics mimmicked a guy driving a 4 speed super stock and/or modification production class car, except you had a blown SBC screaming while Dondero wrestled the little English coupe with one hand

24. skywolf

skywolf

25. skywolf

skywolf

26. skywolf

skywolf

27. oldbutstillyoung

oldbutstillyoung

bushmastersplace.com Bushmasters Rockin Race Place

28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting a picture of Gene's anglia. For you of those that don't know she's very fondly known as "Baby Girl"

29. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

Don't want to get in trouble for not posting drag cars in motion or advertising(even though it isn't open yet) but it is called Bushmasters RacePlace, don't know about a website, I have looked but couldn't find anything. Actually not much about George on the internet. Talked to a guy today who has been inside. He said there are at least 20 cars inside. Shirley Muldowney has one in there, also. The building is 200feet by 200feet. It is located between Strafford and Marshfield on the North side of I-44. I am planning on going by Georges house next week. If it is okay with the powers that be I will keep everyone posted.

30. The Human Wrench

The Human Wrench

Correction, Bushmasters Rockin Race Place. And as I see above there is now a website.