Register now to get rid of these ads!

happy NEW YEAR...my car blew up!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milo1957, Dec 31, 2011.

1. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

only had liability..cause i stuck it in the garage to freshen up this winter..... checking into the house insurance.... but they are so weird about things dont know if its worth putting in the claim.... we will see! hey i built this one...ill just do it again!!

2. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Man they are so ready to collect your payment, but when it comes time to pay out... forget about it! I think it's worth paying the deductable if they agree to pay out. Sorry this happened to you, yet thankful that you're ok and here to tell us about it. Serves as a lesson to the rest of us. Use adequete ventilation.

3. 53inSD

53inSD

Thats Terrible. I love your attitude though. Bet you are already itchin to start the tear down. 57 hard top sounds like a great project!

4. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

ready to tear into it for sure...seriously only waiting for the smell to settle down a bit... it smells like a giant crap pile still...makes me gag a bit...gonna air it out for a few days and start tearing her down...even if its only one part a night...

5. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Milo1957 ( you are one cool dude!) You said Car is not insured for fire but all is good.WOW more people need to be like you. Sorry this happened to you.Glad you survived what could of been a life threatening situation. Cars aren't as important as your life. Lessons in life sometimes cost us a lot of $.

6. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

thank you sir...in the end its just a car.... i built it to drive and work on.... this is a hobby not the end of the world!! Ill just build another....if i was worried about my car like it was my child i would never have any fun with it.... i like sitting on my fender while i BS with buddies.... i dont freak when kids (and adults) wanna sit in or lean on my car, this is supposed to be fun...and while not an everyday thing fire is part of what we do... we harness explosions everyday with our cars.... so a fire is always possible... this time it was just my turn. i will build another one... and no matter how nice it is... it will still be a car that used for fun... not just mine but everyone who is interested in the car!!

7. finishline

finishline

that just sucks big time. i am happy you and your family are ok.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I love '57-'58 Country Sedans. Is it too far gone to rebuild? Or would glass, upholstery, wiring, etc get it back on the road?

I've always been paranoid about water heaters and gas fumes, so the last three houses I've owned have not had water heaters in the garage, 18" off the ground or not.

9. Lot easier ways to get tinted glass..............glad you are OK! and like you've stated its just a car. You need to go buy a lottery ticket before the day is over,

10. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

it would defiantly go back on the road... upholstery,glass,wiring, and a paint job it would be fine!! i only have one "oilcan" spot in the roof...the rest looks pretty good!! but i have been going back and forth for the last couple months about building the two-door.... i think this was the push i needed...lol.... and i am not as worried about this wagon because i also have the more desirable two-door wagon sitting in line waiting for some attention.... i think honestly i just wanna let this one rest in piece, thank it for it wonderful service, and move on to the next...it wont be forgotten... having it tattooed on my arm in all it flaming glory!!

11. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

and just thought you may like to check out the other one!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Happy New Year!, your here and thats all that matter's. I'm still here after I blew my Ass up with a Boiler some time back. :eek: Thats how I looked and the fire was just like watching Back Draft. Curls of Orange and Heat is all see and feel.

13. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

I'm sorry to hear about this. Glad your ok. awesome attitude

14. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

15. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

thats terrible,glad your ok .i would invest in a water heater stand to prevent this.where did gas come from it appears inside your car burnt everything under hood looks good

16. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thank god your ok! Hope the rest of the year goes better.

17. Thanks again for providing the details so we can all learn going forward. Stay positive.

18. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

well i have started taking her apart.... if anyone needs some parts pm me!

19. DAMN.....

Mental note: Don't do that.