Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is working on a pontiac ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Dec 4, 2011.

1. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Old Fart. You are absolutley correct. That is why I'm in such a quandry. I know the best thing for turbos is an automatic. The more reliable combo is an automatic (meaning no clutch wear and much easier on other parts). Spool up is much better with a trans break, etc etc etc, not only that but I can't miss a shift with the automatic. The automatic keeps the power on and the boost up even at shifts (versus the manual). Plus--wait for it---my son works at Hughes Performance transmissions here in Phoenix. I can get everything at his cost. BUT, a manual is just sooo much fun, especially with a turbo and the blow off valve woooshin' between shifts. I have a TH400 with all Hughes internals to use, manual valve body (trans brake maybe if I go that route), I have the TH400 and a full PAE Switch Pitch 1400/4000 stall S/W converter with steel stator, and I have a full 4L80E trans that has to be rebuilt and beefed. So I'm better off with an automatic. BUTTT!!! Mark L

2. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

PlumFat that drop really takes the chunkiness out of that body style. Plus I would expect that the hardtop roof line may be a little lower than a sedan. I like the looks of that '53. Mark L

3. MRTS33

MRTS33

I have a 33 3 Window Sport Coupe in the works.

4. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

:D I'm looking for a 50 4 door.:D

5. GAS455

GAS455

Yeah...That thing looks great!!!

6. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Not the best pictures in the world by far, but here's what I (along with a lot of help from friends) have accomplished to date. Still got to get the hood back on:p. Hoping for Bunny Run in Jackson this Spring and NSRA Knoxville in May!

48 Poncho

Attached Files:

7. JoeB

JoeB

1955 Pontiac 860 2 door wagon, some upgrades pending: 350 pontiac motor with #13 heads, 200R4 transmission. I am still undecided on induction and suspension...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  8. Currently working on a 63 LeMans I purchased off e-bay from upstate NY. Decent 20 footer with some issues. Will be finished using period correct parts with a 421, 4spd, solid axle as if raced in 64 A/MP class.

Attached Files:

9. flypa38

flypa38

Here's my '56 Star Chief. No time to work on it, but I drive it just about all the time!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't actually own any Pontiacs, but I do put Pontiac engines in ALL my cars. Does that count??

[​IMG]

Nice thread, by the way.. -Abone.

11. GAS455

GAS455

Hell yeah!!!
    Love it!

12. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

absolutely marvelous

13. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

2 of my ex's...

Attached Files:

14. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Looks GREAT! You're making me want to tear into my own '48 ragtop!

Brian

15. wagonwheel

wagonwheel

53 chieftain wagon
    sb 350 700r4
    disc brake upgrade when my homeless ass can afford it

Attached Files:

16. IMO, it counts even MORE! :)

17. Solution? have both! make it relatively eassy to swap them out and enjoy either. I will do the same with my Tempest funny car.

18. 1936 three window coupe
    it's in rough shape, but i got it with a four door parts car.

19. hellerods

hellerods

Still working on my 64'

Attached Files:

20. Nice, how are you building it?

21. junkmn

junkmn
    from melbourne

I own an Australian assembled 1961 Laurentian more door sedan I managed to save last year from the crusher one of approx 350 units assemble in australia as factory right hand drive vehicles, restoration will begin soon, collecting parts at present, and need to finish other projects prior to its resurection! yeeha!

Attached Files:

22. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Thanks Brian!!! You are one of those friends I was talking about!

48 Poncho

23. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

Attached Files:

24. Damn! I'm suffering Pontiac withdrawal. Don't have one right now but I do have a 370 Pontiac engine going into my 34 five window...just like Jeffs.

Attached Files:

25. hellerods

hellerods

Appelcrate--Steve-------With a mild 400/4spd stock body and interior, just trying to get it back on the road with steel wheels poverty caps early sixties drag racer /street brawler look. I want to have it on the road in time to drive it to your 10th ann Nostalgic Show & GO this year in April-- I have been wanting to go for years and always it's either I don't have the time or don't have the $$$-- LOL same old story!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  26. hellerods

hellerods

Hey Rocky-------- Is that engine inside your house?? I haven't done that since my single days--oh-yeah!!!!!!!

27. Lamplighter

Lamplighter

1936 Pontiac coupe, just started on it, will start a thread when there's something worth taking a picture of. Needs a lot, but is doable for sure.

28. Yup...That's a mock-up photo..no crank or pistons..before I got paint on the bare block [back from the machine shop]I stashed it behind my recliner and tossed a blanket over it...the missus never saw it. It's painted, assembled and sitting on it's stand in the garage right now.

29. fordflambe

fordflambe

48 Poncho.............my retirement project.........in a few more months........

Attached Files:

30. revray

revray

Working on a 54 Cheiftain 2dr