Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Cleaned up the steering shaft, and started back on the psngr door. I made a dolly I could use within the space allowed.. worked out well. No 'new' news on my dad, still waiting. Going back to be with him, tonight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I am so happy to make this post.. I communicated with my dad, tonight! He is slow, but if I was coming off the morphine high he was on, I'd be on delay mode, too! He isn't breathing on his own, but I believe he will. He's a strong person! Please keep praying everybody.. PLEASE!

3. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

I absolutely love these things; nice collection of 56's you got there as well...

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good to hear about your Dad

5. maddog1949

maddog1949

prayers going out for your Dad

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Still keep'n the faith Jay

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Jay, that's very encouraging news about your dad!

As always, fantastic work on the El Camino!:cool:

8. Swede64

Swede64

I´m happy for you and your dad.

Keep up the good work on the elco.

9. mt94ss

mt94ss

Jay, that is GREAT news! Keep the faith, brother. Prayers sent.

Mike

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

great, good for him,and you! keep us posted

11. Thank you! There's something about a 59 El Camino.. 56 H.T's are a favorite of mine.

Again, Thank you
    We appreciate that more than you know
    Gracias, Mi Amigo

Thank you, I appreciate that everyone.. It really helps me keep a move on!

He has great help, they're taking good care of him!
    God bless everyone of you & families

I've learned so much, working on this little truck! I wasn't happy with the psngr side rocker.. So I cut the bottom underside of the rocker and adjusted it out. Made a few filler pieces & welded it back up. My conscience is clean now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. impala4speed

impala4speed

Positive thoughts and prayers from here in Youngstown, OH. Your dad sounds like a truly great guy.

13. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Best wishes to you and your dad in 2012 - i've never met you, but from your posts i can tell you are a good guy and i hope you are blessed during this difficult time

14. Life is a funny thing, sometimes.. Happy new year!

15. Boring pics, but it's progress none the less

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Great news about your Dad Jay! He will be home before you know it!!

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Good news about your dad.

18. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

If primer dust were fertilizer you would be able to grow anything on the ground under that car. It is very impressive to see the amount of effort you are expending to make that body as smooooooooth as possible. I can't even remember now how many times you've blocked out the sides. I'm thinking that if you had chosen to paint it a darker color, those quarter panels would really show off your work. As it is, the white will really POP when exposed to lights at night.

19. Von Buzz

Von Buzz
    from Minnesota

Every Minnesota paint job gets bugs in it, Allways keep tweezers in your pocket. V.B.

20. I have been practicing patience, lately. It's not on my time.. it's all up to God!

It sure was.. I made him laugh the other night & I calm him when he coughs. Still hard though. I told my Dad I was gonna find him a pretty nurse, with a GOOOD payin' job! His face lit up and so did my heart. I'll never forget that

There will be a lot of critiquing, when this thing hits the streets. I don't wanna give 'em a fuckin' thing to complain about. They will though.. watch!

I should use tweezers, next time I will. I have always just used tape, to try and grab the bugs.. without pushing them 'into' the paint!

21. until the people that do the critiquing are the ones building it... screw em' ;) The car is coming along very nicely.

Glad to hear that your dad is making progress, it will take time.

22. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

It sure was.. I made him laugh the other night & I calm him when he coughs. Still hard though. I told my Dad I was gonna find him a pretty nurse, with a GOOOD payin' job! His face lit up and so did my heart. I'll never forget that

A buddy tells me when he's drooling on himself he will have two nurses named Trixie and Delight. You can use your imaginations guys. Perhaps you can get your version of T&L for your Dad? That should perk him up.

There will be a lot of critiquing, when this thing hits the streets. I don't wanna give 'em a fuckin' thing to complain about. They will though.. watch!

Of course there will. We who build our own have to bear the burden of listening to the "experts". As long as you are satisfied that is all that matters. To the people making comments, if you know they don't have a car of it's worse than yours tell em, "it's better than the car you don't have."

23. Sorry for the rant, earlier. On a lighter note.. I was told where I could meet Leo Lyons. Rialto Tool was the place where he used to make, the SBC Hemi Head stuff. He had a shop next to The Wooden Nickle Bar, also. Just over little mtn. I am looking forward to it

24. How's this for traditional? I still line dry my clothes.. HAHAHA!

[​IMG]

25. Hopefully you feel the huge accomplishment of getting the front/rear glass back in! What a benchmark!

Looking great!!

(BTW, I ended up selling my '60 Elky...to a HAMB'er though)

26. Especially since it never had glass in it, to begin with. Well if you ever want another Elky, at least they're still out there.. you have to really look, but they're out there! Thanks for the good words, btw!

27. Great news Jay.

28. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Prayers out for your father, mine passed in June of '11 and a day doesn't go by that I don't think of him. Cherish every moment. As much as I am addicted to the build of this elky, I am waiting to hear good news about your dad. Sincerely, the best to him and you. Ted

29. thank you I appreciate that

30. Tomorrow I'm going to block the qtrs, again.. Up bright an early, she's gettin' another mornin' rub down! She goin' be purdy

[​IMG]