Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I finally own a 33 coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harvey Mushman, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Thanks for all the comments, I am pretty stoked to get started.

My plan is to keep it very simple, I think Henry and his gang got it right when they designed them. It will get a 1956 324 Olds engine with a 39 three speed box, I am going to rob the early quick change from my bucket. Someone started to chop the top but stopped, it will remain un chopped for now, with full fenders. I have started rounding up parts for the chassis, and a couple of missing body parts, (thanks to those who have helped out). The ugly frame that it was sitting on in the first photos did not come in the deal. I got the frame from the sedan that is pictured below. The grille is not bad accept someone cut the top off. I have a the piece and it should be repairable. I hope to have the boxing plates removed and the chassis sand blasted in the next couple of weeks. Then the mock up can begin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. Did someone say unchopped with fenders?!?!

[​IMG]

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

The Olds will be awesome too...

3. lol. That picture has been taped to my tool box for the last month

4. killbilly

killbilly

Can't wait to see it with those red rallye's on!!!

5. Lol - If you need any more from different angles, or have any questions - let know.

6. surfin

surfin

Nice man! I am starting on a coupe just like it myself! :)

7. I knew someone was going to pick up on those.

They are long gone and the cash went towards a very nice 33/34 dropped axle.

8. brady1929

brady1929

very nice, congrats

9. Fedman

Fedman

Congrats, great score! :D

10. hasty

hasty

Congratulations. One day...

11. RGG

RGG

Awesome, it gives me hope that one day I will get the coupe I have been wanting all this time! Keep us posted with the updates!

RGG

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gettin' REAL tired of congratulating all you guys who've recently come up with awesome '32, '33 and '34 coupes and roadsters.

Nah...lol...I truly enjoy seeing every one of 'em. Nowhere else can we be witness to so many of these great cars comin' out of hiding, and on their way to becoming traditional-type time machines.

Big congrats, Harvey.

13. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

Looking at your parts pile ,I noticed that the rear window molding is for a sedan.If the previous owner gave you the wrong one you berrer switch QUICK. Coupe rear window moildings are getting tough to come by. Best of Luck Nice Find.

14. flathead okie

flathead okie

nice buy..........:D

15. StrickV8

StrickV8

congrats. seems like you were meant to have it. glad it came home!

16. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

The primered.coupe body looks like a '34 judging by the firewall. Nice start to a cool car, keep us updated.

17. There has been some debate about the hood rests on the firewall. The doors and front end are all 33, the body does have some other 33 only characteristics. I am sure the answer in on the HAMB somewhere.

18. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

It's a dream of mine to own something like that; you are a lucky man; great car...

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Good score! I saw that tudor for sale that you show in the pic, wondered if it did sell. It looks like a 34 cowl on your coupe body, which appears to be in great shape! If you ever need help with parts, let me know.

20. Sweet! Thats a nice lookin coupe!!

21. sololobo

sololobo

Holy Hairpins, that body is lookin awesome. Oh yeah dude, major score. Is it green, oh no, I think that is just my envy tinting the coupe. Rock and Roll Hoothchie Coo. ~sololobo~

22. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

23. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I based that on the hood rests and also the holes in the lower corners of the cowl where the hood rod goes into. On a '33 there is no hole, but rather a small "7" shaped bracket that the hood rod catches. As someone also said, could have had the cowl swapped, or could be a '34 body with '33 doors and dash and what not. I hope I didn't come off as a dick by saying anything, that wasn't my intention, I was just mentioning it because I noticed it.

24. You are probably bang on that the body is 34, a good friend that knows these cars also thought the same. He did notice that the body had some other 33 characteristics. I am pretty sure the cowl has not been replaced. I am defiantly not an expert when it comes to early Ford tin, so I am open to any and all input from you guys. 33 or 34, I am just happy that it is sitting in my shop and I can't wait to get started on it. Thanks for pointing that out, and no offence was taken from your comments.

25. Damn Nice find! 33-34 or a Henry end of the year mix, who cares it's in your garage. Now get to work spring is coming

26. ironpile

ironpile

Man! I`m so jealous! My first car was a 34 5w.Had it for about 2 yrs and practally gave it away because I could not afford to do much to it.At least my current project is a ford ,48 1/2 ton roadster p/u,440 tq flite 9inch rear.:mad: :D

27. olskool34

olskool34

Damn nice find, my favorite ford by far is a 33 or 34 ford 5 window coupe. Someday I will have one I hope. What are your plans for it?

28. Thanks, I will take you up on that offer when I am further along. The Tudor is still available but the owner is south for the winter. If you are interested I can get you guys together in the spring.

29. Haven't started a build thread yet.
    Just got the frame back from the sandblaster and I am getting started on some repairs. Now the fun starts.

[​IMG]

30. Wow! That frame looks perfect too!