Register now to get rid of these ads!

WHAT ! Driving your Hot Rod in Buffalo in Dec.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_32, Dec 29, 2011.

1. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

What a car year in the East ! How many people drove there cars in Dec. this year ? I am just south of Buffalo N.Y. and was able to drive my rod intil last week. Lets hear from some northern people ! Your state and how long you got to drive this year ! Love that Al Gore....it's over here,6" of white shit Weds. !

2. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Michigan- parked mine just a couple days ago. Finally at the point where driving without a heater starts to suck.

3. trimph1

trimph1

North of London, ON here...we got to do the same until just yesterday in fact. Now we got 10" of the stuff out here..

4. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I'm in western massachusetts. I haven't driven my roadster since november but if it didn't have an oil leak that i've been using christmas as an excuse to not fix, I could drive it tomorrow.

back a couple years ago I had a year where january was the only month I didn't actually get to drive it. that was a good year!

5. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

And that gentlemen is why I am no longer in syracuse ny!

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

you asked for it...
    [​IMG]

7. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

I drove mine (roadster) up until the middle of December when I decided it was time to tear it apart. I still kinda regret it haha.

8. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

9. In Connecticut we got 18 inches of snow at the end of October and then the temperatures went into the 40's and 50's........snow melted and away I went.It's the first time that I can remember being able to enjoy driving a rod so late in the year in this part of the country. I'm sure I'll pay the piper soon!

10. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

This morning we got some freezing rain in Milwaukee. Probably the official end to the driving season, when they start sprinkling salt on the roads.

11. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Grew up around Buffalo in 40's, 50's...everyone would put their "winter car" on the road, mid Nov. Seeing the roadster in snow is definitely strange to see !!

Happy Roddin' 4TTRUK

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

We drove ours around town a few days ago. They slted the roads heavily and then we got a big storm yesterday so no we're taking the car back out!! Everytime we get ice on the roads, they salt, and then 2 days later it pours so its perfect to drive again!

We're still drivin'!

13. S.F.

S.F.

Gotta love global warming !

14. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...drove mine to the last swap a couple of weeks ago. Minus 5C (23F) for an hour and a half and had it out several times until recently.....

[​IMG]

15. Wow. Beautiful picture of the roadster in the snow!

Jim

16. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I mowed the grass on Christmas Eve! :p

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

badass

18. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I took my car off the road Oct 1st, man do I regret that. I could have drivin it all of October, November, and most of December. There has been salt on the roads here for a couple weeks now. I just fixed all my rot, I'm not looking for any more "patina"

Wicked shot Andy

19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Now you ARE nuts, I was at that swap and it was F***n' COLD up there!! Nice car too!

20. Well, I'm still driving my 40 up here in Canada, it has a heater and still have no snow (ok, maybe a 1/4 inch). But the roads are dry and I'm having a blast!

Later

21. Ralphies54

Ralphies54

Maybe Al Gore was right after all, Took my pickup for a spin Xmass day, And will probably do it again New Years day as the prediction is temps way above normal for the week end here is Mass.

22. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Might be doing the New Years Eve out to Dinner Drive in my 46.

Have had it out in Nov, depends more on the salt than the weather.

23. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Man you guys are tough. I drive mine here in Denver as much as possible year round,we just had over a foot of snow.My car would make a good snow plow in deep snow,LOL. I am originally from Olean NY (worked in Bradford Pa)and know you guys get serious snow that hangs around a long time.