Register now to get rid of these ads!

My best buy yet- 1934 Ford roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Rad!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Chris!!!!! That red roadster has always been one of my favs!
    -Aaron

2. Congratulations Chris! It was worth the wait. And I like your plans for it.

3. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

wow..what a great find..I love it

4. Thee dirty dirty feeling

Thee dirty dirty feeling
    from Spokane

5. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Beautiful, Congratulations on a great find.

I think the more we get into this hobby the broader our search zone becomes...we start with the local swaps and before you know it we're on road trips through multiple time zones.

6. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

nice score Chris...your newest model 40 will compliment your 41 ragtop just fine!

7. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Great story....congrats....

8. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Congrats, Chris! You got a good one, I'm glad that guy kept it for you for 40 years until it was time for you to get it!

9. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

great score Chris, all these deuce guys think they have the best looking early fords, but we know better;)

10. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Congrats!
    I would like to see Bruce having some progress with his new Roadster.
    --mika

11. Retroline

Retroline

Well done, a very clean project and the plans look good as usual.

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I can relate to the part where you sent off a big chunk of change strictly on faith. It ain't easy. I did the same thing on my 34 P/U and like you I was pleasantly surprised. I was very scared for several weeks until it arrived.

The great thing is that the old girl will finally get back on the road again. You have the talent and you know how to get it done. I hope you take us along on the journey.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

kickass Chris, congrats!!!

14. Good way to upgrade the collection, that's a nice piece of hardware, and a good story too. I'm going to use this to demonstrate economics and entrepreneurship....thanks.

15. Congrats....the 34 is, IMHO, the pinnacle of style for the 30's era Fords.

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It's been 24 hours already...have you driven it yet? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I keep looking at the roadster and thinking about future bride... seems to me you have made some wise choices... best of luck with both

18. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Damn that's a nice car! I really enjoyed your story intro and the ride home with it too. Looking forward to watching you build it.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Super happy for you dude!!! It looks even better then I imagined and all that's missing is a pic of Lucifer inside. :D

20. Sweet man, sweet!

Boy, listening to the story is like reliving my same worries on survival and stretching the buck. It is scary, but all worth it! Your new 34 seems to be in about the same condition as mine too. Thank god we have good wood! Doors as well! I think I have a few less things to fix, but very parallel. What a car you got!!!

Seems like we might have the same plan too, hahaa. Highboy 1st to get it out of our systems, then a full Hollywood custom! There is just nothing like a 33/34 roadster with fenders, and a chopped top! Good job Chris and all involved!

Keep the updates coming! I can't get to mine for a bit, so please get on yours! Hahahaa.

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I don't know how you do it but once again you've scored big time. With the future missus pitching in and helping with the purchase I'll personally come out there and administer a severe ass whooping if you ever sell this one. That's the car to not only start your marriage but the one to put on your Christmas cards after celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary.
    A little over a year from now I'll be celebrating my 50th with the best wife anyone could hope to have being afflicted with this incureable car addiction. It looks like your on track to duplicate my good fortune.

Frank

22. Spooky

Spooky

Chris- you have the COOLEST stuff, indeed!

Good on you for this one, man!

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

Congrats. I'm sooo jealous. A 34 roadster is on the top of my list... fenderless of course :p

//Magnus

24. Very very nice!!!!!! Great find.

25. Not yet...It's been raining like crazy!

I got it running, the gas was brown it was so old. It ran only at a higher RPM, so took the carb apart to find it full of black crud. It has a temporary gas tank inside on the floor with a rubber line going out the firewall. The fuel line was coming apart on the inside plugging the carb. So I cleaned the carb, added fresh gas with a new rubber line, and it purrs now :D It should run and drive now...just waiting on the weather!

26. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Hey Chris, good to have you as a fellow 34 owner! Great find, Happy New Year and say Hi to Jamie.

L.P.

27. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

Nice score!

Fuck the rain don't be a pussy ;)

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

How is it that you're driving this thing before I get to take the Wizard for a spin? Jealous!

29. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Amazing story Chris!.....Sounds like you have a great partner there, as I do! They sure make life more fun when they support instead of inhibit. Love the car and the direction, can't wait to see it in real life.

30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Wow Chris, what can I say?? You scored man. Can't wait to see it in person.