Register now to get rid of these ads!

Splendora, TX junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyfords, Dec 26, 2011.

1. There's a small junkyard in Splendora, TX (north of Houston on I-59) that seems to be liquidating pretty much everything in the yard.

I drove up to it and peeked over the fence (no one was there) a couple days ago and it seems to be mostly 40's, 50's and 60's stuff, although I did spot a Model T and some older stuff.

There was a ton of tri-five Chevy stuff and a lot of Mopar...and what looked like a mid 60's Mercury full-size hardtop with a big block badge and bucket seats.

I'll try to go back by there this week and get a phone number from the guy. Until then....for anyone interested, you take 59 north from Houston to the Splendora exit, do a u-turn onto the southbound frontage road and keep looking to the right...it's not too far after you turn around.

The word is that he's clearing it all out. I'll verify that this week.

2. choppernick

choppernick
    from humble tx

Nice! ive drove past that place for years and i cant belive they are actually selling some stuff! keep me posted!

3. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

"lot of MoPar", any specifics...50's, 60's, etc.?

4. There's a 53 Plymouth sitting in plain sight...4 door.

Most of the other Mopar was later than that though....60's stuff.

5. GTSDave

GTSDave

Cool Keep us posted if you get a chance to have a look around. Most of my stuff is Mopar.

-Dave

6. black240

black240
    from Houston

I am looking for a Model A. Might need to go check this out. A driver just told me about it 5 mins. ago that its right on the feeder coming south bound.

7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Been there a few times, mostly 4 door, mostly crap, and always over priced....

8. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

4 doors don't do me any good but would be worth going to try and score some stainless.

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Splendora? Wasn't that a show car back in the 50's? Or was that Spendora? Gary

10. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I'd rather a HAMB friendly more-door than late model ricer.

11. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

Props to you, i only own Chevrolet's and don't deal in jap junk.

12. Kyle Counsil

Kyle Counsil

I have been up there "back in a day" and everything was WAY over priced, he used to have some cars over on FM1314 before sorters rd. Back before they widened 1314 and they moved them all over to Splendora.

13. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

So being that it will be "liquidated" you think he's going to sell them as though he has gold infront of him or selling because he's done with it all aka "make an offer and sold" type price? I've seen the location in the past but never really cared to stop and take a look around.

14. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

The guy that works the yard told us the county was on their ass to get rid of it, My buddy got a few 57 chevy trim pieces for his s/w. 95% of the yard is junk and over priced junk at that, the other 5% is copper heads......

15. I noticed that he now has an ad on Craigslist. He must be getting some pressure to move the stuff out.

And yes....most of it is junk, but IT'S A JUNKYARD!

Better that some of us pull some parts and pieces that we need before it all gets crushed.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2706206130.html