Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering 47 Dodge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dagizmoguy, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dagizmoguy

dagizmoguy
    from Seattle

[​IMG][​IMG]I want to lower my 47 Dodge. I thought I'd use 2" drop blocks in the rear and I've got some dropped uprights for the front. The deal is I've got 15" wheels and I like the look of the meaty tires so I don't want to get smaller front wheels so Uh Oh, the fender isn't gonna clear. My idea is to open up the front part of the wheel well at the same angle it is now so I'll be able to like, turn. I'm hoping for feedback on the practicality of this idea cosmetically since I'm having trouble visualizing it. Any thoughts would be appreciated....
    Many thanks,
    David

Attached Files:

2. 41 C28

41 C28

My 48 Dodge is bagged, running 15" wheels, when its down the turning radius is very limited.

Attached Files:

3. dagizmoguy

dagizmoguy
    from Seattle

VERY nice!
    That's the very look I'm looking for.......

4. Sweet old Mopar 41 C28! Makes you wonder why we don't see more of them..........E

5. Captain Geech

Captain Geech

Gettin ready to lower mine not sure exactly how but will keep you posted on what we do

6. dagizmoguy

dagizmoguy
    from Seattle

Thanks Cap,
    I'm looking forward to it...

7. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

8. Cruiser

Cruiser

See if you have more space toward the inner fender well, maybe you can get a narrower 5" wheel 15" with a more inward space and gain some turning radius. I wouldn't cut on my wheel wells unless you can redo them to look stock after cutting.
    The curve in the well lip is what gives strength to the wheel well. I would put in a bump stop, to stop you from bending up the wheel well when turning. I would rather rub my inner wheel well more then the outer. Good luck

CRUISER :cool:

9. Ingo#147

Ingo#147
    from Germany

My Old 46 Sedan. 3" Drop Coil from Camaro on front and 2" Blocks at rear.
    14" Wire Wheels and 205/70r14 Tires.

Sold some Years ago. Now the Friend Drop it with Airride.

#Ingo

10. I just want to drop the back of mine....and Im running 15" tires.....but they are kinda tall......

11. George

George

On my stock height '48 Plym changing rear tires is a PITA! Jack up body, insert jackstands, jack up axel & squeeze wheel out between axle & fender, not much room!

12. James Curl

James Curl

Just try getting that fat spare into the well and back out again. I have P205 R 75 15 radials on my 48 and it is all I can do to get the spare in the wheel well in the trunk and back out again. To change the rear tire I carry a two ton trolly jack and a jack stand to put under the frame after raising it about as high as it will go then use the jack to lift the rear end high enough to get the spare on.

13. George

George

That's what I'm running also! not fun!