Register now to get rid of these ads!

$500 Barn Find Arrived today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corndog, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I'm very interested, PM sent....

2. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Make a great project....

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nice find...and another one saved !!
    Good for you,
    Cheers..........

4. Deeter5764

Deeter5764
    from Orange, CA

gotta love the barn fresh beauties. drive it around like that, don't even wash it!

5. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

well I sold it today as a complete car. That makes me happy and should make most HAMBERS happy as well!

6. that was a nice score...glad ya saved it

7. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Glad to see it sold together but I cannot believe all the complaints about parting it out! Parts cars are just as important to the hobby as is "barn finds" or whatever else you want to call old abandoned cars. I know everyone was screaming it was "too complete" to part out but tell that to a guy that needs a motor, hood, door, etc. to finish his ride. I was starting to think this was a "restore" site!

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

to a HAMBer? the $1,5oo you were looking to get sounded good to me.glad it it didn't get parted.{yet?}

9. Maybe that guy should find one that's too rough to save, or already in a yard with the VIN turned in as salvaged. There are plenty like that to go around, stuff that's rotted badly or wrecked or whatever. Once you part one out, that's the end of it and one less out there at all. Now it's one thing to take apart one that's beyond repair, but to ruin one that's complete and in decent shape because a guy needs a few piddly parts is pretty stupid.

10. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Here it is leaving my house in the snow. That car was hand full to load with a come-along (heavy). That's the new owner in the last two pics.

Attached Files:

11. An old tub with 4 doors seems like a perfect alternative for those of us on a budget. Bet it will garner JUST as many looks at the local car show AND transport 6 of you aging fat ass buddies in "Cadillac Style"
    Even came with gangster whites! Love it! Wash it make it driveable and safe and enjoy. :)
    JT

12. luckyuhaul

luckyuhaul

^^^^
    Love your sig!

13. harrys55chevy@bellsouth.n

[email protected]

My neighbor has one for sale just like it

14. afaulk

afaulk

Definitely do not scrap it. That big baby would come back to us as 6 Hyundais, 8 Mitsubishis and 27 Kias. Good on ya!

15. old no.7

old no.7
    from Wisconsin

In 1979 I went and saw the movie "The Warriors"

Just for kicks, I would love to find a '52 or '53 Caddy Hearse in similar condition and make a replica of the car from that movie. Good project for my budget.

[​IMG]