Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford 3 windows ex hypotetical deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adventurer, Jun 1, 2011.

1. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Buon lavoro! Coolest thread I have seen since getting back on here- awesome :)

2. Wow, thanks for sharing, Subscribed. Keep up the good work, amazing amount so far.
    Many would have let it rot, but happy to see you challenge it and transform..

3. jick

jick
    from london

wow...what an inspiration!

well done dude!

4. adventurer

adventurer

Received some needed parts from Brooksville, like door hinges and a rear body support, and next week it's back to work. Hope to have the body ready for Christmas

5. adventurer

adventurer

In these days we hung the doors and built the pillars out of steel.After this partsd was finished, we hung the pass side quarter and got it to fit well. The door is opening and closing correctly now. Seems a great success to me. We are going to get the rear fenders straight so that the shape of the quarters is matching the shape of the fenders. The under fender patch panels were used to fix the coupe quarters, and had to be much modified . I am not sur eif the fenders I have are for a 3 windows, so I am ready to modify them. Some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow! Very Cool!

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Merry Christmas! Best wishes for 2012! Bob

8. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

WOW!,really looking like a 3wd,fantastic work....amazing:)

9. You sir, are an inspiration, and have my sincere admiration for your skills and willingness to save this noble old iron.

I'll be following this thread...reading, watching and learning.

10. You're a mad man... a real mad man!

But in the end... you'll be a mad man with a duece three window!

Sam

11. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

amazing! just amazing! that old deuce got lucky when it found you.

12. I coouldn't have said this better!

X2

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

x3!!!

14. adventurer

adventurer

Now I am thinking about the top chop....at first was thinking a 3 " chop, as the Doyle Gammel coupe. But after a lot of thought, I will settle for a milder chop, something around 2". Seems to be too cartoon like....
    WHat are your ideas?

15. I say do 3 or 3 1/2.

16. adventurer

adventurer

seems too much, expecially with fenders

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I think the 2" chop will work,spend the time and thought in getting the stance "just rite"

18. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Hi, Personally I wouldn't chop it more than 1.5" - more in proportion to a full fendered car.I have much admiration of what you are doing.I lived in the south of France from 1990-1994 and shipped a red deuce roadster street rod which I took to vintage car meets and drove throughout France.When I was at a show at a Car museum by St Tropez near the Italian border I met a few Italian car buffs.They told me that it would be impossible to legally have a street rod (modified vehicle) in your country.My question : has the law changed? Can you now legally drive a street rod in your country or must it be registered in another country.I met some Swiss guys also and they said impossible in Switzerland also. Thanks,Sheldon

19. outlaw256

outlaw256

si, my hats off to you. i have never seen this much skill and determination applied to any thing like you have on this car.i just thought i was good. i now consider myself a joke when it comes to metal work.i couldnt have givin that car to anyone much less build it.i would have pushed it back into the woods.lol. you sir are a master!!

20. adventurer

adventurer

Sheldon, there are some european countries where hot rods can be legally registered, like Austria or Germany. If you register the car over there, and then you simply change the plates to my country, you can get plates for a hot rod. We live in Europe, so if something is registered in another european country, it can be licensed in another country without having the DMV look at the car. It's a costly procedure, something like 4000$, but it can be done. Have already done to my 35 3 chopped windows with a 354 Hemi.
    Now I am trying to get my 32 roadster licensed with a script that says "fenderless" or "open wheels"......but this is not easy.

21. Noland

Noland

looks great, fantastic work

22. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Best build on the HAMB!!!!

23. How cool is that!

24. nix

nix
    from Italy

Cool!

I'm curious... I hope...
    It's Christmas time, you try with Santa Claus..... :)

25. adventurer

adventurer

work is progressing nicely. Both quarters are mounted , just need finish welding. Doors are hung and work nicely. Tomorrow will finish welding the roof to the quarters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. With a duece, less is more, when it comes to chopping the top.

The lines look spectacular in stock form, so when one goes about chopping the stock lines, you have tread carefully, or you end up with something that diminishes the character of the car.

This is, of course, just my opinion, but I think that a lot of the charm of this ancient metal is the dramatic angles and lines that the stock bodies have. Take those lines away, reduce them, or smooth them out too much and you end up with something that, while still pretty, starts resembling something more modern.....more like a Ford Taurus than a Ford 3 window duece.

This was always my beef with the Street Rod styling of the 80's and 90's. Those guys took the gangly, dramatic lines of 30's and 40's metal, chopped it, smoothed it all out, and put modern interiors in it. And in the end, the finished product had 1/10th the personality of what they started with.

OK....somebody get me that step-stool so I can get down off my soapbox now. I don't want to even begin to get this thread off track....watching the metal work in this build is like going to church. It's a religious experience.

27. adventurer

adventurer

Rusty , thank you for your ideas. I started with the idea of a severely chopped car, but the more I look a t the body, the more I don't want to chop her.....

28. This is a great thread. Keep the progress reports coming. You make it look like magic!!

29. koolkemp

koolkemp

You could always chop it later if you want to...ya got enough to keep you busy for now stitching her back together ! Keep up the good work by the way!

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I do realize I am biased, But I would NEVER chop a 32 3W. I have seen some great examples but I have seen way more bad examples. PLUS ... most of the chopped ones look like fiberglass coupes and after all you have went thru and accomplished ... it should look like Henry sold it.

Just my opinion.

[​IMG]