Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Today a friend of my Dad & Uncles, stopped by and let me know somebody created a Facebook page, in their honor! So, today I've been smothering the page in pictures an a little info from their past. It's a great feeling knowing others appreciate them, an all they've done for Hot Rodding. Anyways, here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jay-and-Joe-Fishbeck/166518516736867

2. I got a couple more hours in today, on the driver side door jamb and rocker. Funny things happen when you leave the gate open, for just 'anybody' to mosey on in.. Anyways, today was one of those days, even rarer, one of those days where it pays off! This guy pulls in & pops the trunk.. with a crate full of parts. So from what I'm putting together, I wish I would've been his first stop. The parts came from a gentleman, who was an owner of a 59 Nomad. The 348 was replaced with a 283, along with the generator swapped out for the alternator. That's where the story ends.. I was glad to pick this up! Even though I don't need it

Pretty sure it's dated 59, also.. I did a quick search, ePay kinda helped but I can't REeeaaaALLY say. Spins really well, too. Perfectly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 51 mercules

51 mercules

That's cool!

4. And here I thought they were just a bunch of grumpy old men! Just kidding

5. Always glad to be of assistance. Lookin' good, JJ!

6. Thanks, Jim! I've been working on my 57, for the past couple days.. much needed TLC. All I do is, drive that thing. I can't wait for the return of the 70's.. 70° weather, that is!

7. My latest dilemma.. I don't remember where the four different windshield mldg clips go, specifically. I would just be guessing!

Arrow points to the four I'm talkin' bout!

[​IMG]

8. are they under the molding??? I can look at mine when I get home, but I'm not sure where to look.

9. Yes, they hold the moldings. I'm thinking they go along the top, or maybe corners?? I will take a picture where they go.. give me moment!

10. Here's those pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to get the steering column & wheel sprayed green w/ the green pearl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gato the pig.. circling, waiting for some Chicken!

[​IMG]

Doesn't show up in the pics what it really looks like

[​IMG]

She's not spoiled, or anything.. damn beggar!

[​IMG]

11. leroys85coupe

leroys85coupe
    from usa

man them black cats musta been a dime a dozen or something. or everyone is scared of them lol

12. She was trying to be noticed, cos she wanted some chicken. Watch out when it's feeding time!

13. The glass is finally in.. black glass mldgs, are on also

My back glass is laminated.. not tempered! Easier to chop-chop!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete Gonzales, owner of Auto Glass, out of Fontana, Ca. is putting in the windshield & back glass. I helped out & was able to learn quite a bit. I always helped Dad & Uncle, it in the past.. but it was nice to watch Pete! He made it look so easy, like professionals usually do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

its funny looking at those pics. in my back yard is a 56 2dht,my 59 elky,and a swb pu 67 . you don't have a ad p.u. do you? love the thread keep up the good work. and was your back glass a repo also?

15. We used to have two AD PU's.. Wish I still had my Dads. All it needed was a 700R4 an I could've drove it anywhere. I love 67 SWB C10s.. My Dads is a 70.
    An yeah, both pieces of glass are repops.

16. Cymro

Cymro

[​IMG]

The cat has great taste in "garden furniture"!!

17. Hahaha.. It wasn't too off topic, so I thought I would post the pic!

18. Leonard Thomas

Leonard Thomas

Hi you got any extra parts if you do call 865-964-1881 thanks LT:confused:

19. I don't have any extra parts, really. This is the first 59 in the yard since the 60's. I remember selling a power booster for a 59, at Pomona Swap Meet. When it sold, I knew I'd live to regret it.

20. The columns ready for paint, but the steering wheel still needs a little more attention

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. The first piss coat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two stage paint, that's why it's dull.. Tomorrow will be like Christmas, when I get to spray the clear w/green pearl. It'll be all shiny & sparkly! Hopefully

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Looks great Jay, coming right along.
    I sanded my quarters some more today, Christmas eve, 75 degrees out, Florida's alright.

23. Thanks, Nads! I always keep a look out for your updates.. Happy holidays!

24. phatbaby

phatbaby

As always Jay looking good ...thanks for the updates all year ,it keeps me motivated on my 60...got the new frame here Friday...ready to swap over next week and get back hot and heavy ......

25. Congrats on the frame.. Im more than glad to motivate! merry christmas everybody

26. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Subscribed, great work, got a hard on when you shot that Bombay Ivory top. Love the green contrast.

27. Waiting for the last coat of green to dry, then it it's time for a little green pearl! Can't wait

28. sweet man 59 was the best good luck

29. Gracias!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

pearl looks good,nice job