Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seventeen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I`d hate to think what life would be like for some of us old farts without the JJ and the HAMB...for several years now I`ve had something to look foreward to. I`m talking about the drags at MOKAN. From the first HAMBCHARGERS mopars to the `40
    ford; I`m now working on a `29 ford roadster...hoping to have it ready for the HAMB DRAGS 2012.

Thanks Man!!!

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

You sure had an effect on my life, Ryan. I was the last guy on Earth to get a computer and that only happened because of watching Rocky have so much fun on the HAMB. Then last year, I got my first cell phone. The techno ripple effect continues. You evil bastard! What's next - a DVD player? (Never!)

Scotty

3. Thanks Ryan and Happy Holidays

CM

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i was 6 years old at the time this good ole place was created. whew....i'm an oldie now

5. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I am going to say again...

"YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!"

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Fore score and 17 years ago ,In order to form a perfect union .Declaration of tradititional rods,Way to go Ryan.......

7. Spooky

Spooky

HA! Remember it when the site was hacked and the background behind the slick became that yellow?

I even remember Brewser offering his services to "lend a hand" as they say in directing a few well placed hands of authority.

8. Spooky

Spooky

I can't say I was posting 17 years ago, but I did discover it in '97 and have been hooked since.

9. Cruiser

Cruiser

"Seventeen Hot Rod Queen has anyone seen my gal" she's alive and well on the HAMB. Congradutions Ryan :D

CRUISER :cool:

10. Ha!
    And I remember...well.....um....you!!
    :D

I hope all is well....& Merry Christmas.

11. Loppy

Loppy

Congrats Ryan! Thanks for creating what is without a doubt the greatest tool in our hobby.

12. many thank you's to you Ryan....Congrats...17 wonderful years !

13. seatex

seatex

Yup
    :rolleyes:

14. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

Ryan

We have been hot ridding, sportsman racing, Jr. fuel Nitro, and Top alcohol Dragsters racing since 1955. You have captured the essence and spirit of our sport better than anyone. Thank you so much for bringing back memories we have missed for so long. The Jalopy Journal will enable our passion to live on.. Thanks again.

Dennis

15. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

Crap, almost forgot. Merry Christmas to all.

16. das858

das858

Congratulations Ryan! I'm addicted to the H.A.M.B. also, the best place on the internet.

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

Merry Christmas Ryan,....

Like I have told you in the past,.... 17 years ago, you created the catalyst, that has become a community,... and a Family,... We share in each others triumphs, funny stories, jokes and having fun,.... And share In each others failures, heartaches, pain and suffering,.... People we never meet have touched our hearts and lives,.... and have become true friends. (as well as a number of friendships on a one on one basis)

Sometimes we have had to say a final goodbye to some of our HAMB family,.... And we all feel the loss & pain, And you have found a way to honor them, there contributions and there life's.

I truly beleive the HAMB means more to all of its members, than we could ever express in words. You did a good thing Boss,..... And I am proud to be a member of this Family.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  18. barebones32

barebones32

Thanks for the time and effort that it takes to do this. It's the best place on the web.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What a long strange trip it's been. This place has saved me money, broadened my perception of hot rods, given me knowledge, introduced me to cool people and kept me from spending money on magazines.

Happy Holidays, Ryan!

20. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Happy Birthday,Merry Christmas, HAMB SPOKEN HERE! THANK YOU,LUCKY

21. JVK54

JVK54

Congrats and thanks Ryan. Best place on the internet!

22. Funny thing is, seventeen years ago I started www.hotrodsonline.com on a Mac user group web server.
    You have an amazing site, Ryan.

23. Grumbler

Grumbler

Wow, 17 years, you must be one of them internet billionaires like Zuckerberg!
    All stupid wisecracks aside this is the best damn car site period and its worldwide membership is a testament to that and to its founder.
    Happy holidays and thank you.

24. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Funny how a good idea become a great one. Congrads.

25. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Thank you. My favorite place to go.

26. Dead Nutz

Dead Nutz

Thanks Ryan, and to everyone else who makes the community what it is. Gives the new guys like me inspiration and hope to reach our dreams. Merry Xmas! WOOHOO!

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy 17th birthday to the Jalopy Journal and a Merry Christmas and Happy an prosperous New Year to you an yours Ryan. And a big thank you for having the vision to do it. 17 years ago I was using a pc daily at work but wasn't connected to the internet and didn't have a computer at home yet.

28. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

Thanks Ryan! There may actually be hope for my generation.Happy B-day to the HAMB, the greatest place ever.

29. tjmercury

tjmercury

Thank you Ryan, for giving this HUGE family of car people a place to converse!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!! Tim

30. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

On behalf of myself & many, many folks here thanks for your effort. You have globalized 'ol style car nuts.