Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usa made parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NONAME, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. uncle Dave

uncle Dave

well..bottom line is ..it's truely a global market place now..so, we have to chose the quality imported stuff........and try to support the shops that support us................it's all about the all-mighty $$$$.....comin in and going out!!..........unky-D

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Just bought a new set of Supremes from Summit and were pleased to see a "made in the USA" stamp on em ! Good stuff

4. That has nothing to do with trying to find and buy stuff made in the USA.

5. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

It's real simple. Everyone repeat after me.
    "I will not outsource jobs to save a buck."
    "I will buy American over Imported."
    "I will not vote for politicians who will not make this same commitment."

Couldn't possibly be corporate greed. Corporations are people after all. :rolleyes:

Who hired the Chinese to do maintenance? Executives. You like a 40 hour work week, and weekends off? Executives didn't demand that. Unions have faults, CEOs have more.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  7. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I had two egg rolls the other day at the mall,I hope they were made here. They tasted like they were made here.
    Damn I'm so mad ,I could have had Gyro.

8. Just bought a soleniod from NAPA it was Echlin. When I got home checked the box (made in China) We can't compete. Unions cost everyone too much. I waste more time and money trying to find quality parts. What a pain!

9. mickeyc

mickeyc

I needed to purchase a floor jack for a Christmas gift. I tried several local retailers and large tool distributors. There are American made units available. However they must be shipped in at quite a bit of expense due to the considerable weight of this item. Also as I was foraging the mall for various gifts I could not find one pair of boots or shoes made in America. All edie bauer stuff also. Carharts as well. If guys don't think China stuff is crap, consider this. In the nuclear heavy rigging field, the
    NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission, a federal outfit) has mandated that no Chinese lifting products be used at any U.S. Nuclear site. This includes shackles, slings, spreader bars etc. I have had 17,000 lbs rated Chinese shackles deform to a point where they had to be cut with a band saw after seeing only 10,000 lbs force.

10. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

I think American tools and parts are nice to use on an American Hot Rod. Seems like the Chinamen live on a one way street. Don't respect 'em, don't need 'em.

11. Larry T

Larry T

Just curious as to how much more you are willing to pay for "Made in America"- extra 50%, double, ??????????
    Larry T

12. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Hey Gang....................This is a good informative thread.......................PLEASE, don't dick it up with "Politician this, bean counter that", union bashing rhetoric, et al..........

Please.

13. Thank you American companies that are actually hiring Americans, paying American wages/taxes and manufacturing in America.
    Shame on all of the rest of the so-called American Companies.
    Keep American dollars in America.

14. big bad john

big bad john

.......I agree..American workers are the best in the world...we should have a choice in buying american made products....instead of over sea crap....

15. 73RR

73RR

You DO have a choice, and like LarryT asks in post 132, how much will you pay? As soon as you (and everyone else) demands US made goods and stop buying everything else then the jobs will return. Yes, they will be alot more expensive.

16. sunsetdart

sunsetdart

I can attest to the fact that the company I work for, makes our product solely in the USA and we sell containers to China. We ship 20 skids of ours every week to them.

17. right on .......BUY AMERICAN
    Thats what I'm talking about. I think if retailers were smart they would include a wall or section of the the store for MADE IN USA. and price should based on Quality of the parts. they might be very suprised how much they would sell. Maybe if Walmart did this ol' Sam might rest easier lol

18. I sure am seeing alot of politickin' here. the post should include American Products available. not an a bitch about Chinese Junk (A Boat?)
    It is about Americans helping Americans. Thanks........JIM

19. 73RR

73RR

Jim, I agree 100%, however, I think it would be alot easier for the small shops to do this. Big operations have too many folks all trying to make decisions so sometimes nothing changes quickly.

...and it is not just China. I see alot of foreign countries on box labels. Some suspension parts came in awhile back that had Romania listed.

20. I used to be able to buy HEMI parts in West Linn now I have to go much further.

We all know that budgets limit our purchase, if I have a choice I'll always buy USA. if retailers would include a AMERICAN section. I would always check it first. I buy alot of foreign parts and some do the job quite well while others are pure crap. but the focus of this thread is
    WHAT AMERICAN PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE TO THE H.A.M.B.

21. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

My daughter and I own a sign shop and we go the extra mile to be sure that all of our supplies are made in the USA. We sell a lot of car tags and items related to Police, Firefighters, Emergency services, etc. over the 'net and I can proudly say that our products are ALL made in the greatest country in the world!

That said, the other day a friend sent me an email that tells about reading bar codes.
    If the first 3 numbers in the bar code is 690-692-693 ... then it is MADE IN CHINA
    00 - 09
    ... USA & CANADA
    30 - 37
    FRANCE
    40 - 44 GERMANY
    471 ... Taiwan
    ... JAPAN
    50 ... UK

BUY
    USA MADE by watching for "0" at the beginning of the number.

22. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I've got a LOT to say on this subject, but I'll keep it simple. I'm not old by any means, but old enough. The kids, and people I consider to be adults(over 25) are less than motivated or proud of what they do anymore. Not all are slackers, so don't get your panties wadded just yet. The fact is the USA supplies most of the other countries with our scap metal to make new metal. The parts we buy that are crap from overseas are crap because they sell. I restore cars for a living and I have yet to find a GOOD aftermarket replacement. If you can restore the original part, do it. Otherwise you are fuct! Electronic parts like ignition switches are always crap. I have to use chinese crap because the customers budget requires it, but usa made doesnt mean quality. I have used just as many shit usa made parts as I have china's. Look for quality first and foremost. If we push for quality usa made parts we will get them.
    On a side note, Screamin Mad JD, I got a set of Street Fire plug wires for my 63 that were supposed to be factory fit(under the manifolds) and were all at least 3 "'s too short. I don't call that quality. It's not like there is a shortage of sbc's. They could have got one to test fit. It is the buyer that makes the market, China, Taiwan, USA, it doesnt matter. If we buy it they will sell it. That's not politics, that's economy.

23. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

All of my early hemi parts are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. But 100% of everyone posting here is using a computer made with overseas components...including myself.

24. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I worked in auto industry and saw firsthand why stuff made offshore is crap, it is because they are building to the specs we provide, sh*t in, sh*t out.

25. I have to agree some what. I have problems with reproduction rubber parts. they can be exact demensions with products made in the 30-40's but not being made with natural rubber (yes it does grow on trees) it won't compress like the original parts

26. thanks for the HEMI parts anyways.

We are a nation that feeds half of the world with our imports. we love high tech. We will buy anything from anybody.

we all know how crappy the cheap imports are. we still buy them too. no secrets there.

this thread is about USA PARTS that are available to the HAMB.
    Thank you

27. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

28. therobredracer

therobredracer

Sanderson headers . Next door to Brizzo street rods in south city San Francisco

29. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

My front and rear end made in the USA, in Ontario Ca- Total Cost Involved (TCI)- great products- IMHO