Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seventeen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. metalix_421

metalix_421

comgrats and just to let you know you changed a lot of peoples lifes at the same time:D:eek::D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Damn, seventeen years ago I wasnt even seventeen...damn

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Makes me feel old.........oh shit I am!!!. Congrats Ryan

5. ryno

ryno

thank you!
    what will you come up with to top this place?
    merry Christmas to you and yours Ryan.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wooow!! Congratulations and Thanks - Have a very Merry Christmas - you have made all of our days brighter

7. pumpman

pumpman

Christmas is one of my most favorite times, thanks to you we have the HAMB all of the time. Seasons greetings to you and yours Ryan. Thanks for the what you did and are doing.

8. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I'm a newbie to the H.A.M.B but, I want to say thank you. My wife Says I'm a H.A.M.B Addict lol.
    Merry Christmas.

9. Who was the first member to join? And how are you #3?

10. jick

jick
    from london

thanks for all your efforts dude....you have massively helped hotrodders all around the world!
    For us guys living far away from America its really hard to build a nice traditional car, and for me it would be impossible without this place.

cheers...Jick

11. storm king

storm king

Gotta say, I don't even remember how I stumbled onto the HAMB, or if someone told me about it. But its one of the sites I visit every single day I am able. It's part of my daily rabbit path. Like life, it has its ups and downs, aggrevation, personality conflicts, and even some outright fights. But I love it.
    Thanks for this thing you've created, and a Joyous Christmas, and Happy and Prosperous New Year to you. Thank You!

12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you, Ryan. You can't possibly know how many lives you've changed, how many people you've introduced to hot rodding and how many people you've helped get technical info over the years. I've been into antique autos & hot rods for 50 years and have still learned a lot here. You made my transition into retirement much easier.

Thank you for all you do and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!

13. Ryan,
    Thank's for all you do for all us rodders around this world. This is the place to be if you are a hot rodder.

Merry Christmas dude

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Ryan! Thank you! If it weren't for this place I wouldn't have met some of the wonderful people that I can call friends and even family! If it weren't for this place I wouldn't have ever learned what I know or at least been driven to know what I know, and been inspired by. IN FACT! I think it's pretty safe to say that I have MY JOB because of the HAMB! So again... THANK YOU! And Merry Christmas to you and yours!

That's all the mooshiness I have in me today...

15. 17 years ago I was 12-1/2, that Summer I found my dad's 60s and 70s Oz Hot rod mags stashed in a timber box in his shed and I have been reading them since.

Happy Birthday Jalopy Journal!

16. big bad john

big bad john

Thank you, Ryan for seventeen years.....Merry Christmas to you and your family

17. I've made many good friends and even got a few jobs because of the H.A.M.B., not to mention car stuff.

18. outlaw256

outlaw256

i didnt find the hamb until just a few yrs ago.im almost ashamed of that fact. i fought the pc for yrs. it wasnt ubtil i had a bike wreck in 05 that crippled me up did i start to us the pc. then one fine day in 09 i was lookin for hotrod sites and i was born. the hamb.i love the hamb. i have a renewed love of old cars because of the hamb.i have met a few other hambers since then and what fine people they are. thanks ryan. youve givin me a better outlook on life. since im in pain24/7. the hamb helps me out of bed and into the shop.because ive met a few that are worse off than me and they still do what we do.if they can do it , so can i .lol. i cant get to any hamb functions but i get to be there thru other peoples eyes. with the pics they take and post i get to see what i missed.so thanks again ryan and all you others who bring me into your world thru your pics.im gonna waddle out to the shop now, im gettin kinda corny!lol

19. jerseymike

jerseymike

merry christmas and thanks to mom for the cool name.

20. D-man313

D-man313

I wasnt even born 17 years ago! Thanks for a great site Ryan.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

21. Same, what I have learnt through TJJ has been invaluable and the friendships are priceless. I can safely say if it had not been for TJJ and the HAMB my US trip would more then likely never of happened. So Thank you Ryan for this awesome medium. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family. See ya soon...
    Jimmy

22. sololobo

sololobo

Wow Dude, I have only been here a few years and have enjoyed every moment. I have made so many cool friends via this board it is unreal. Thanx for all you and Marci have done. It has been a great adventure. ~sololobo~

23. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Thanks for the great gift Ryan. Reminds me of another story about wise men following a 'Lone Star' to seek it's origin and give thanks.

Wow, looks like The Jalopy Journal is a Capricorn too!

"Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to the entire Jalopy Journal family."

24. AGY mechanic

AGY mechanic

Thanks for the site, probably the most informative site for old cars and trucks there is. Jim.

25. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

17 years ago I was already old, HAHA. Thanks Ryan.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. All the best.
    Slim

26. Thank you and same to you and yours!

JK

27. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Congrats! Coolest place on the web.

28. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

17 years ago I remember coming across the page from a YAHOO search "Cool Hot Rods"

I saw that American Mag wrapped in the piecrust slick and I've been hooked since!!

29. joe fuller

joe fuller

17 Years ago,I was only 50. I feel more like I do right now, than i did back then!!

30. Happy Birthday to the Jalopy Journal. Merry Christmas to you and your family Ryan. Hope the new year is healthy and happy for you and your family.