Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone from Mass going to pomona ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Dave50

Dave50

I am wondering if anyone from mass is going to pomona jan 26-27 for the swapmeet. I am thinking about going.

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

In that 32? That's Bad Ass!!!

3. Dave50

Dave50

Lol i wish i had the time actually wish i could move out there... Then the coupe would be back where it came from and i could drive it everyday.. and i could meet up with some cool peeps. I love cali alot only been once to LARS this past june what a good time.

4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Hey Dave, I was born in Worcester, parents moved out to So. Cal when I was just a little one. Not to dissapoint you, but Pomona isn't what it used to be, but I haven't forgot it's history.

5. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Everyone should live in SoCal. Look in Apple Valley. Houses are going for 50k & you'll be 1 hour from pomona & 2 hours from Vegas.

6. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Is that in Rhode Island??:p

Geez, first few cold days around here and your running to the west coast....

7. SophieDagger

SophieDagger
    from Pomona, ca

What's mass? I'm in Pomona

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

9. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

10. SophieDagger

SophieDagger
    from Pomona, ca

How right you are silly willy. Thanks!

11. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

SILLY WILLY !!!??? ...I think you've got a new friend there Bill (Slick)
    I wish I could afford to go. I blew all my money on parts for the coupe !!!

12. You could check with Vintage Vin here on the H.A.M.B.
    He and I had thoughts of going in January but I've had a change in flights as I have to go to the auction first and I've got to be in Scottsdale on the 24th.
    I'm selling off some cars there and it collides with my original plans to do Pomona.
    I think Vinny still want to go there plus his daughter lives only 45 minutes from there so it's a convenient rest stop as well.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Glad I could be of help, Soapie

14. cederholm

cederholm

HA! I know Apple Valley RI (or I use too)! ...I also remember causing trouble over by Brant Rock. :eek:

15. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Nah, she hates me:rolleyes:...What did you buy, new valve covers??:p

Dang!, A Brant Rock reference on the HAMB!?!?! Now I know this place has gone to sh*t!!:D:eek::D:rolleyes:

16. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Pomona and Long Beach have turned to crap in my opinion.
    I can suggest San Diego at the end of Feb.
    Way better, the city and the swap meet!

http://big3partsexchange.com/

17. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Yes, unfortunately I agree, and not just thier swap meets, but I won't get too far into it and ruin the thread.

BTW everyone, the swap meet is on the 15th and the weekend Dave is mentioning is the GNRS..

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/

http://www.rodshows.com/gnrs/

18. CruZer

CruZer

Not this year,but PM me if you want some tips on travel and where to stay,etc. I went two years ago. It was AWESOME !!!!!!
    Glenn

Attached Files:

19. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Dave the first Pomona swap meet is Jan 15th
    the GNRS is Jan 27-29, no swap meet there, but
    that Sunday is Long Beach Hi-Po swap
    Turlock swap is the same weekend as GNRS Jan 27-28.
    Big 3 swap meet in San Diego is Feb 23-24.. well worth the trip!
    then Pomona swap the following weekend March 4
    it's the same weekend as the March Meet in Bakersfield

Again I ask, why do we live here!

20. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

21. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Damn, I meant to say valve stems!, then you would have known I was bustin your chops!!:D

22. Dave50

Dave50

I would have never thought this thread wouldve turned into this, but its awesome lmao! After reading sophie`s thread i I feel the same way I need new friends and the ones I seem tomeet and like the most seem to be out in cali. But it now reminds me of how good i have it knowing some of you guys slick will,bad penny,327-365hpand all the others considering I have only been to a few shows this summer...

Punkass I have only been to pomona,san dimas,and north of there i forget the name of the town and corona. Hows burbank seems to be alot of cool peeps there??? Worcester is 20 minaway as you know good and bad parts there

MATACONSEPTS if i didnt have a buisness i wouldve already left here after going to cali in june for LARS it was awesome! and i met alot of cool people, aqlthough buisness sucks so bad maybe a change is what i need...

Slickwilly Its not the cold its the thought of not hitting some more shows hangin out with you guys the swaps-shows and not able to drive the 32 :) you been quiet latleY??

Sophiedagger MASS means Massachusetts as you now know.Pomona is looking betteer from here from here..:) but i dont know how to take your sig?? maybe i`ll figure it at some point. But then again it looks like you dont like people from Boston or atleast pretentious college-aged douchebags!:D as slickwilly said hahaha

jcmarz yeah i got the dates messed up my bad and its not the swap its GNRS

2manyprojects thanks for info maybe ill look him up

cruZer thanks i will i am new to travel only flown once to LA in june and then to pomona and i already miss the tacos and burritos :)

327 thanks for info and as i said i only been there once but i think i could live there and be in my glory!! So when we leaving ???

If anyone is game pm me i really want to go i am trying to make it happen. Cant wait to see Bad bob again he was a trip.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

23. Dave50

Dave50

24. Fenders

Fenders

HA Mass = MA - Massachusetts... Sophie you have to either get another sig or another avatar, you're cute!

25. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I think you might mean Glendora. Glendora, along with San Dimas and La Verne all nice areas, however most of Pomona besides Ganesha Hills and what surrounds the Fairplex, not so nice. Luckily I'm just over a 1/4 mile from the Fairplex.

Burbank, I got nothing but good things to say about, if you go, you must check out the original Bob's on Friday night, Barris' shop just up the street from there, Hollywood Hot Rods, a cool book store off Magnolia, the list goes on.

26. Dave50

Dave50

Idk we stayed in corona or ooohhh idk a hamton in with a bunch of guys with roadsters aside of big mexican restaraunt. And yes i want to check out Bobs i can only imagine. I acxtually wanted to start something like that out here i think it would work. I went to socals shop,waldens,the early ford store, limeworks aswell they were all great.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Come on - someone in "Mass" must be heading to the West Coast in January that can hook up with Dave50

28. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks JJ worse cae i will go alone and hook up with some friends out there if there going. How many cars and peeps goto this show??

29. MERRELL

MERRELL

and a half acre away from a meth lab and crack house!!:D

30. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

:) I wanted to say it, but didn't want to be the only one who thought so.