Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest GENE WINFIELD WORKSHOP 2 @ GAMBINO KUSTOMS DEC. 17th - 18th 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Sep 7, 2011.

1. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

I wasn't able to make it to the weekend class but I did make it on the FREEBEE Fri night chop and it was pretty cool so I know I will make it next year. I met lots of new people on Fri night and the BBQ was great but the hot chocolate got a little burned the fire was a bit to high "my bad" NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You Alex for letting us all go watch for free night and for the free meal..
    Ronnie

2. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ronnie thanxs for comin out friday night and cookin the dogs for us!!!!

3. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Anytime you need a hand just let me know..I had a great time.

4. Itchy-Pit

Itchy-Pit

THANK YOU Alex! Great Venue! Great Icon, Great Host and Club members, Great Folks from all walks of life. A must if you've never been lucky enough to attend! Safe trip home for all!

5. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Holy shit what a weekend. This man is truly a master of his craft. 84 years old, fighting a cold, and a busted wing and he out worked over 40 of us half his age!! Dude is a machine. Super down to earth, will talk to anyone about anything, and his skills are unbelievable.All in all a totally kick ass weekend and I would do it all over again. If you ever have the chance, beg borrow or steal to get your ass to one of Gene's classes!! Here's some shitty cell pics I took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs

7. coolmilitary

coolmilitary
    from So Cal

This was an awesome class and a great experience. At no time did I feel less than a total "Rock Star" while attending this event. Alex and his Wife were totally committed to making everyone feel at home on the first night, and went out of their way to make sure everyone was well taken care of. The barbeque was a great addition to the feel good atmosphere that took place when I arrived for the chop on Friday night. Alex was not only there to answer questions, and show you around, but was also fixing lighting to make sure that everyone would be able to view what Gene was going to demo the next couple of days.
    When Gene got started, there was no stopping him. I don't think he stopped explaining techniques on metal work at any time during the class that went from 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. with a 45 minute break for lunch. He had so much to say in such a short period of time, and he took full advantage. He was not only eager to share his many experiences, but stopped countless times to make sure everyone understood what he was talking about, and encouraged everyone to ask questions. He was brash without being arrogant, knowledgeable without being a know it all, and smiled more times than I can count. You could tell he genuinely enjoyed what he was doing, and it rubbed of on me for sure. At the end of the day on Sunday, Gene took the time to sign all the demo's that he worked on, and gave them to some lucky students. I was not fortunate enough to snag one, but bought one of Gene's leading paddles and he signed that for me.
    One of the side benefits was in being able to strike up a conversation with the person was standing next to you. There were not very many ego's around. Just a lot of really nice, cool, people, that were just as excited to be there as I was, and had a love for cars and customizing.
    All and all, I would say that this is one of the top 10 things to do before you die, and I am glad I took the time to go and experience it.
    I drove six hours with my buddy to get there from Pasadena California, and talked all the way home about it. And check this out. About half way home on Sunday night a customized ford focus screamed past us doing about 85 miles per hour. And Yep. It was Gene going back to his desert shop in Mojave.
    What a great ending to a wonderful weekend.

EdiRoy.

8. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Alex, thanks so much for putting this on, it was great to be in the presence of a legend. Sorry I couldn't be there Sunday, had some minor family emergency that I had to deal with. I am still stunned by Gene's stamina, I certainly hope to have half as much drive and energy when I am his age.

9. Furious Styles

Furious Styles

X2 to what everyone said. Such an awesome experience, I would definately do this again, I am still digesting everything! Thanks Alex for hosting such an awesome event.

10. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs for coming

we missed ya erik hope allis well dont worry we will invite you back when we chop on the t bird again

your welcome

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

hope to get some vids up today

12. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Sweet, thanks! Pregnant wife, first kid, etc. But all is well! Definitely call me up, I want to get my hands dirty with you guys!

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

koolsville daddyo

14. rancid737

rancid737

Made it back to Idaho, got to work today and allready started implementing some of the new skills I learned. This was a great opportunity to learn from one of the best. Alex and the rest of the Beatniks were more than happy to answer any questions as well, and I thank them for that. The rest of the students were a pleasure to be in company with. The total of 32 hours driving was MORE than worth it. Every day is a school day, but this weekend was a years worth of tips, tricks, knowledge and smiles. Thanx to everyone involved.

15. jeff spence

jeff spence

what a great class and met some cool people

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

no thank you

17. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

gene the mad man in action hes like the eveready bunny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the real deal - if you need work done and can not hook up with Gene contact Alex and some of the others at the class for top notch work on your ride - parts too

19. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

heres a pic of the door we choped and sectioned on sat night
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  20. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

gene with some pic and file action
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012