Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any pictures of vintage car wrecks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no6, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Toner283

Toner283

[​IMG]

My uncle rolled this one several times in the mid 60's. During one of the rolls he was tossed out through the windsheild. Walked away sore with bruises & scratches.

2. Karl stark

Karl stark

Found some more.

Attached Files:

3. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

America's first freeway built in 1940. The "Arroyo Seco Parkway". Now known as the Pasadena Freeway 110. They had no walls or fences back then. It was supposed to be a peaceful 40mph drive to downtown LA.

Attached Files:

4. Found these in my grandmother's photos. She bought the 67 Dodge Dart new and a few years later was forced off the road onto a sidewalk and eventually went into a utility pole. She had injuries to her face from the mirror and a pedestrian was hurt. She always felt awefull about hitting the pedestrian. I was 6 or 7 years old.

New a.jpg wrecked a.jpg

She liked to personalize her cars too. Can you tell how?

5. In '72 I had just finished an engine swap in my "57 Nomad. A buddy of mine (who had helped with the car) asked if he could use it to take some chick out on a Friday night. He was on that freeway and crashed it into the ave. 57 offramp devider which was a huge pie shapped chunk of cement. Neither survived.

I ended up driving for the O.P.G (police tow) that serviced that freeway.. You would not believe the wrecks I cleared. There was a fatel at least twice a month.

6. Some of these pics remind me of the suicide lanes that were around Melbourne Aust, in the late 1960s. One lane one way, the other lane the other way, in the middle a passing lane, whoever was in the middle first had right of way with passing :eek:

7. NateGreco

NateGreco

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's some more wreck art I've been workin on ... hope you guys enjoy!

8. vettes2

vettes2
    from OKC, OK

[​IMG]
    Frank Lloyd Wright (1929 L-29 Cord) and Choles Floral delivery truck. Cool pic with Mobil gas pumps in background. 1933

9. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

This one happened at the end of my road. A truck pulling a horse trailer pulled out in front of him.

Attached Files:

10. You hear people say how well cars were built in the past, one really has to wonder.

11. jroberts

jroberts

As cool as our old stuff is, it is not as "safe" as the newer stuff. As much as I love driving my Studebakers, I am well aware that I would be better off in our Jetta or Subaru should an accident happen.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  12. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

This may not be what was asked for... but here goes. The woman driving the Lexus was alleged to be texting at the time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Swifster

Swifster

And we have one less LeMans....

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

...well .. it's better to lose a nice Lemans than a 40 Vert.

15. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

that depends:rolleyes:

if someone crushed my Lemans like that it would be more of a loss than the '40 since my car was a gift from my Dad and a permanent part of the family. the Lemans in the pic could be a similar situation, you can't replace cars like that.

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

HURRRRRRL!!!!!:eek: That is..is...horrible!

17. metalshapes

metalshapes

Sure... The Haunted Evil Porsche...

People will believe anything.

It was a fast racecar, in a time that fast racecars were dangerous.

All the rest is smoke and mirrors.
    Probably started by a certain "King of Kustomisers"...

18. My dad's 68 GMC, 396, factory bucket seats and tach. Head on accident happened in 1974, I was 7 years old. We didn't wear seat belts back then but we were ok.

[​IMG]

19. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

i bet whatever you hit wasnt ok :eek:

20. If I remember correctly my dad said it was a Ford Capri, the driver was ok just a little unhappy because the floor board bent around his left foot and he coudn't get his shoe out.

We were on our way to the hospital to see my grandmother.

21. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

My Grandma Ede wrecked her '59 Rambler in 1960. An early 50's Oldsmobile pulled out of a driveway in front of her and she couldn't stop in time. It was repaired, and she drove it until the 1970's and gave it to my mother. It's still in the family waiting to be fixed up.

Attached Files:

22. This is the worst wreck I have ever seen, the newspaper reported at least 9 people were killed but I think it ended up being 11.

This accident happened in Lantzville, B.C. in 1977, I was 10 years old. The late 1960's Ford pickup pulled out in front of a northbound semi that had a large forklift loaded onto a low bed trailer. The semi hit the pickup and went into the oncoming lanes colliding with a southbound bus. The semi jack knifed and upon impact the forklift broke loose from the trailer and went through the bus tearing it in half.

See the woman sitting in the chassis of the forklift, amazing she survived. There is 1950's fire truck shown in one of the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Man, James Dean... What a drag, poor kid. The most famous car crash of all time?

Attached Files:

24. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

I've always wanted to see some pictures of wrecked '59 Cadillacs. I have a 60 and always wondered what the rear end would do under impact.

25. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

and some say that if you watch the movie "gaint" while eating a chimichanga, you can become gassy and the room the t.v.'s in will become stinky. superstition? try it.....if you're man enough.

26. Cruiser

Cruiser

A movie wreck that makes me laugh all the time. "This is another fine mess you got me into" Oliver Hardy :D

CRUISER :cool:

[​IMG]

27. Cruiser

Cruiser

Before and after Fat Jack wreck his '46 Ford at the drags.

CRUISER :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

These vintage crash photos have always intrigued me, I have a file on my computer with about 200 photos on it. I'll have to start posting!

Watch out for John Gunnel books, they always have interesting photos, but the stories that go with them are usually made up, in a couple of his books I have there are shots of the exact same cars from different angles and they have completely different stories pertaining to them. But I will still buy them.

Attached Files:

29. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

15 More.

If I accidentally upload something that was uploaded by someone else... deal with it! ;)

Attached Files:

30. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Another 15 and then I go to bed...

I have another angle on that skewerd Jewet. (is that a Jewet? I'm really tired right now...)

[​IMG]

I had 2 more angles on Frank Lloyd Wright's Cord as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: