Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pricing a Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yzracer931, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Yzracer931

Yzracer931
    from Michigan

Ford Sedan, chopped and channeled.
    Powered by a Buick nail head, all machine work finished, needs assembled
    th400 with shifter, converter
    Hand made frame, fully boxed, drive shaft loop
    New tires
    Custom grill and dash
    Fuel cell
    [​IMG]

2. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I will give you one dollar if you pay the shipping

3. what are those headlights?

4. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

since you only joined the hamb to sell shit, i would say its worthless.

5. add up every penny you have in it and divide by 2
    then deduct anything that you have payed in labor
    that's your asking price
    seems to be the norm for my stuff
    tk

6. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

Buying or selling?

7. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

welcome from la porte, tx

8. Yzracer931

Yzracer931
    from Michigan

Really did not ever plan on selling this one, but another vehicle that I have had my eye on for a while has come up for sale. I have been lurking and reading quite a bit. Not my only rod. Thanks for the hospitality.

9. Yzracer931

Yzracer931
    from Michigan

Thanks, actually went to school in Houston. Loved school, hated the drivers.

10. deto

deto

"how much for a candy bar, Ray?"

"bout a hundred dollars"

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I dont know about pricing,but i know that a first ride with a car or a bike you've built is priceless...

12. John T.

John T.

Sad to say but I think your accurate..

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Hey, welcome to this Forum. A really great place, with the vast majority a good bunch. I can't give you an answer, but sounds like a real nice project.
    Oh, and ignore the "Can Rats" that post this stupid shit. They usually are the ones that need to sit on 4 or 5 phone books to reach the keyboard, which is behind the toilet where they hang out, as that is the atmosphere they crave :rolleyes:.....
    Let us know what you do with it..and post some more pictures....
    Cheers.......

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by caseyscustoms [​IMG]
    since you only joined the hamb to sell shit, i would say its worthless.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Really did not ever plan on selling this one, but another vehicle that I have had my eye on for a while has come up for sale. I have been lurking and reading quite a bit. Not my only rod. Thanks for the hospitality.

14. Its a roller? Usually like someone else said an unfinished project is worth less than you have in it. If you are in cheap that can be a different situation al together. it is a roller?

If you built it to this point or even if you have had someone do it you can figure that your sweat equity or paid labor is lost money.

All that said if I had cash I probably wouldn't give you much more than about 3-4K for a roller A sedan. Someone else may give you more, I know that machine work is high but I don't know your machinist, anyone that is particular is going to feel the same way as I do. So unless you find someone who isn't particular about engine work that machine work is a mute point. I'm just saying not disen your machinist.

I know I am probably no help but at least I'm honest.

15. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

yeah a lot of road rage drivers in houston during the rush hours. thank god i only drive 5 miles to work now and not across town like i use to. :cool:

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would be a lot more desirable and probably sell better if you threw that grill in the swap meet box and put a Model A or 32 Grill on it. Even a rough one.
    To me that grill kills the deal on an otherwise interesting car from the get go.

17. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

2 to 3k,way times are now

18. Yzracer931

Yzracer931
    from Michigan

I had to drive down 290 in the morning to get to school, some days took 15 minutes others, an hour.
    Yes the car is a roller, and the machine work has been finished on the engine. Like someone asked before, I am an engine machinists, went to school for it. This project is not my cup of tea, if it were me, I would abandon the nail head. That engine has never really done anything for me. I would build a Duramax or cummins for this rod.

19. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I'm thinking about 3K... I sell a lot of unfinished cars. That one has to be further along before you snag a buyer that thinks its "almost done"

20. $3000 without the motor, maybe. Or with a running when removed small block instead of the nailhead. But it will be damn tough to sell regardless unless you put a giveaway price on it, the majority of car buyers want something done, or close to done that they can finish how they want. Lot easier to sell one that can at least be driven.

21. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

my commute use to be 1+ hour each way to work. i live in la porte and use to work off 290/bw8 area. it sucked so i know what you mean.

22. whisky runner

whisky runner

could use some more pictures!! just because i like to look at old cars ha ha ha ... i have always said a car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it..:D there are so many factors in pricing a project car it is near impossible to do so from pictures alone..

23. Yzracer931

Yzracer931
    from Michigan

At this time, that is the only picture I have. Cars are stored in Michigan and I am currently in Texas, moving to Florida after Christmas to work at Ferrea valve train and components.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  24. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That grille?

Strike one!

"This project is not my cup of tea, if it were me, I would abandon the nail head. That engine has never really done anything for me. I would build a Duramax or cummins for this rod."

Strike two!<!-- / message -->