Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects i just want something to cruise.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indawaitinroom, Jun 24, 2011.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

For the mustang tank i built a frame for it to screw iton and then welded it to the actual frame w/ some tubing braces.

these are the braces that go from the tank frame to the car frame. the angled part is welded on the sides and bottom, the top is not welded cause its the part that is gonna meet the tank frame, so its gonna be welded there.
    [​IMG]

this is the done deal after a temp zinc coating to avoid rust as i work in the open.
    [​IMG]

this should hold it there :)
    [​IMG]

dont mean to show off my lessthan optimal skills, just thought it might come you handy.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. TYSON! good to see you here! and thanks!

things have been rough the past month, my girlfriend had her uncle and grandma die 13 days apart. between visiting hospitals and funerals i havent done much to the chevy. trying to get back on track now.

i will be dammed if i turn into one of those guys who sections a car and then disappears!

and thanks bonez, i appreciate the ideas, looks like a real solid framework and mounting system.

thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to check this project out. hopefully ill be puttin up some new pics soon here. even more so i hope i can figure out how to work the damn camera so all my shots arent so damn blurry.

3. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

wow man thats some rad work dude, keep it comin

4. lets see... where did i leave off...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

moving at a glacial pace.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i got the body all welded back together and hammered the quarters out best i could, did some shrinking and slapping, they are decent, not perfect. still holding off on building wheeltubs till im happy with the quarters. just figured now was a good time to stand back and squint and take a look at this major life mistake.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

awesome skills,cars looking bitchin.are you planning a chop? looks great without

6. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Killer work man, coming along real nice!

7. thanks, and yes, im still working out the details, but i would definitely like to chop the roof a bit.

and, before anyone gets the wrong idea, the suspension will clear the stock rear seat, i just cut it out to help access the wheel tubs, and plan the chop... hope i didnt give too much away here...

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow Dude!!! Seriously... this is one of the better threads that I enjoy watching!!!

Are there going to be some other cool mods or are you just going to treat us with pics and suprise us? :)

9. i prefer to surprise. i feel weird if i put all my thoughts into words before i can actually make them happen. its easier to pretend i didn't fail if i don't share what i want to do when it ends up not being something i can pull off....

but thank you!

10. derbydad276

derbydad276

so when you deflate the bags do the wheels come off the ground?

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

gotta love them surprises

12. MistShift

MistShift

Awesome work, very clean.

13. keep at it! im really enjoying the build

14. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

Great work, I like the attention to detail. That subtle section job is going to look good.

15. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

Awesome work. Will the engine fit under the hood ? :)

16. thanks! and its gonna be close with that damn tall cal custom air cleaner!

17. [​IMG]

hey look! its Tony!

18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

loving this chop...

20. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Subscribed! Beautiful work!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Whoa dude, this is a pretty damn rad build thread!!! Totally didn't expect all this. Great work keep up the pace and documentation. Helps all us minions.

22. Tony

Tony

Damn i thought i was far enough to the side so i wouldn't be in it! haha

Like i said man, top notch work! The car looks stunning in person with top quality work! The pics don't do it justice!
    Thanks for letting me hang out and sweep the floors today :):)

Tony

23. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

cool project, love the rearend set up. maybe I missed it, what size Astro's are you running and what size tire...

24. hasty

hasty

Wow, just found this one - looks stunning and beautiful workmanship.

25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice..... I'm lovin this 54

26. I wanna be Mat when I grow up

27. HAH! sweep floors... pppfftt.... thanks for showing me HOW to sweep floors!

haha thanks man, hopefully the pics hide the rust growing on all my fab work.

Ragu your killin me. haha

thanks everyone for taking the time to look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

Keep the pics comin'! Watching this go together is kinda like unwrapping a Christmas present really slowly... :D

29. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

This car is absolutely killer!! Can't wait to see more pics!

30. hey, im running the 14x7 std offset supremes with a 195/75 tire. i had a set of reverse and 520's but i was too chicken to run em. i kinda want to see this car do 80 on the freeway someday without killing a bussload of nuns.

thanks everyone. i better get back to work or my "no page without pics" rule is gonna be broken.