Register now to get rid of these ads!

cordless impact wrench

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan

Thinking about getting one, who makes a good one?

2. oj

oj

I like my MAC

3. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Dewalt. The batteries interchange with all my other Dewalt tools

4. Got one called Goodyear at Pep Boys s few years ago. 24 Volt 1/2 in drive 220 ft lbs torque. Has worked fine. $99 at the time.

5. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

i have a Dewalt..my buudy gave me his old one..still works good..

6. xsquiden

xsquiden

Snap on they have good power but you also pay for the name the old model is about 550 the new model is about 650 i use mine all day havent had any problems with it and love it.

7. Panama Red

Panama Red

8. i have had real good luck with my dewalt.

9. Master of None

Master of None

I've got a snap-on came with 2 battery's and a charger. No problems or complaints.

10. Just got a 1/2" snap on, $1200nz, yip I know you pay for the name but its one powerful bit of gear. Also got a 3/8" Wurth which is really compact and probably one of the handiest tools I own.

11. lowelife

lowelife

I love my HILTI. 1/2" drive batteries last long time and very strong.

12. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Ive had a SnapOn for 3 years,used almost everyday,with no problems...

13. deeddude

deeddude

I have a Milwaukee 1/2" drive that I've had for years, it's the older 18 volt version. I've tossed it around the shop and pits, abused it and it continues to give great service. The only problem with it and older Milwaukee cordless tools are that the batteries suck. I own several of their drills and saws also and out of 15 batteries only 3 will take and hold a charge.

14. 18 volt Snappy here also. Older one, but loads of power and the batteries hold a charge pretty well.
    Also have an 18M Milwaulkee 1/4" that I use the crap out of...screws, torx, small bolts, etc. light, compact and a joy to use.

15. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Got both size Snap Ons and yes they are expensive but you cant tear them Sumbux up.....they wont even let you burn them up or they will cut themselves off automatically. Actually I beleive mine has more strength than the ones you use with the air hose.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How are they size and weight wise say as compared to a CP 727?

17. BISHOP

BISHOP

A lot lighter. Ive got a milwaukee and a Snap-on. Both are lighter than any air unit.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  18. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

i got the dewalt bare tool for $100 and i just added it to the rest of my dewalt cordless set also picked up the grinder, works great also for quick grinds or cutting. all in 18 volt

19. frank spittle

frank spittle

About 2 weeks ago I decided to buy a new cordless impact wrench and did a lot of research. I settled on a Milwaukee 2663-22. It is an 18 volt lithium ion battery that produces an amazing 450 ft pounds of torque. I received it a week ago and could not believe the power. It loosened the lug nuts on my 1 ton truck with ease. You can find them new on ebay for under $400.00. If you don't need that much power Jegs has the best one for the money IMO. It is their brand for about $150.00, an 18 volt with 320 ft. pounds of torque.

20. havi

havi

Snap-On makes a good one.

And Bosch makes a drill, What a TOOL! lol.

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

on construction sites here in the Bay Area it seemed to be Dewalt for cordless and Milwaukee for plug in stuff.

22. I have a almost ten year old Makita 14.2 volt. It came in a kit with a drill. Both use the same battery. I use this fucker almost daily and I have made INSANE amounts of money with it. I keep wanting to get a new one, but this one hasn't let me down or even shown signs of failing. So I can't justify replacing it.

23. Dan

Dan

Dewalt is appealing as I have other Dewalt cordless (thus I could share batterys)
    I am curious about the Jegs model, does it come with two batteries? Does anyone have one and could comment on the quality?

24. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

You did'nt mention wether your looking for an 1/2" or 3/8" drive but either way Get a Snap-on and see why their slogan is "there is a difference"

25. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

When you do a DeWalt google it says "wrench" & "driver" whats the difference?

26. voodoo1

voodoo1

You want Driver. I have a Snap On. Had it for 4 years or so. Really like it. I sure paid for the name tho... Mike

27. Dan

Dan

probably 1/2", granted I haven't googled any Snap-On offerings but do they come with two batts.??
    I will definatley use this in the shop but my main goal here is to carry it in the "service truck" so I have power out in the boonies...

28. voodoo1

voodoo1

1 battery. It lists for $555 right now. Just looked it up. Another battery is about $100. Again, you are paying for the name. Look up specs on Milwaukee, Dewalt and Snap on. Compare. Snap on also has a real nice light that uses same battery for about $130. They have a good warranty, that's a bonus. If you have the bucks, Merry Christmas...

29. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I could be wrong but I doubt the SnapOn is made by SnapOn, probably a high end brand name repackaged. My first SO Plasma cutter and welder were both repackaged with the SnapOn logo and warranty ................