Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 coupes...the hamb collection...lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vendettaautofab, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Typo - I meant 2012.

Except for maybe JJ's - that may be 2020! :p :D

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

:D:D:D see ya at autorama!

3. Glad to hear your going to make it Andy. I'm already jonesing for Autorama. Taking my '34. It will be in the Singlefinger booth.

I need to get busy on the '34 - needs side glass and interior work. I've got gasser fever and have been working on my Anglia.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hey now that's not nice....if I built a RestoRod like your '34 I probably could get it done for the 2012 Bonneville......probably still couldn't. :D Damn it I'm slow!

I'm not working on any deadlines. I have some miles to put on my '35 and a business to start so I'm just gonna take my time and get it done whenever.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is mine moments before it came apart for body and paint. She should be done by maybe late summer...

[​IMG]

See ya, -Abone.

6. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Mine is getting broken down for paint by the end of this month!!!

[​IMG]

WhiteDevil likes this.
  7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

^^^^^^^^^ Ummmmmm Awesome.^^^^^^^^

Ya know I wouldn't mind my Wedge Chop if they would have taken a couple more inches out of it. that just looks mean!

8. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Hey guys, I know this is a real long shot but if it can happen it can happen here. I built a 34 5W coupe for my cousin back in the mid 70s. When finished it it was all steel with a filled roof. Painted dark blue with a grey interior. The firewall was a welded in flat firewall following the curve of the cowl. It had the stock large headlights, SBC with 350 turbohydro, 8" Mustang rear with coil springs and 4 link. Front had a dropped tube w/forged ends, Mustang 4 piston calipers and rotors, 4 link front suspension and a leaf spring that sat up in the crossmember 1". A Mustang steering box. It had American 200S that where polished 4" on front 8-1/2" on the rear. My cousin Richie Balsamo lived on LI NY and moved to FLA. He sold the car in the early to mid 80 when he moved, I think he sold it while in NY. He died 12 years ago and I would really like to see the car again and see how it has faired all these years. I will try to locate some pictures but I don't know if I have any. Thanks a lot.

Pat

9. M.Edell

M.Edell

10. Guys this is my three window. Been on it two years.

Attached Files:

11. Wow 34! The engine is nutso! Beautiful!

12. A couple of mine...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thats Wicked! wish I could fit in a car with that much chop..:D

14. aarestor

aarestor

Mine that I have been working on now and then.

Attached Files:

15. I`ll add this :

Attached Files:

16. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Subscribed!

Pat

17. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Mine is Still in the Barn,...................waiting patiently..........

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Do you have an endless supply of Inglewood SLicks or what Kev?

19. deto

deto

Can some of you pros out there point out the differences between the 2 years? I think I dig these more than an A...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  20. mike hamel

mike hamel

The grille, hood, cowl, inner fenders, piece in the door windows, dash, wheel wells....that's all I can think of right now. I know there are a list of little differences between the two.

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I heard there is like 75 differences.

22. deto

deto

specifically though... like whats the difference with the inner fenders. I like the ones with the blisters...

23. mike hamel

mike hamel

Well they both do but the blister is different between a 1933-1934. It's kind of hard to explain without a picture that I don't have haha

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Here's one example on a 33 the hood rests on the radiator because it does not have the notch in the firewall for it to like the 34's do.

The hood on a '33 has a bead all the way around the front where the '34 does not.

The grille shells are completely different. 34 grille shell comes together more at a butt joint like a commercial plow.

I think the front crossmembers are different too.

25. mike hamel

mike hamel

Oh ya! I think the cross members are different like JJ said.. There's a lot of threads and posts about the specifics on the differences.

26. Ricola

Ricola
    from MN

My old car. Sadly had to sell it. Uncle Sam wanted money.

Attached Files:

27. My 34 five window with 33 front sheetmetal....chopped it 3.5"..SAR quarters and rear panels..370 cu in Pontiac/5 speed/Winters quick change.
    Was an old stock car racer...body was cut into pieces and stored above my bodyman's shop office..a total mess! Was only able to save the top. Will be running 4 wheel disc brakes with wide 5 wheels, 36 caps on the rear wheels [widened to 7 inches] and 39 caps on the front...drilled, dropped and jet-hot coated 32 heavy axle.

Attached Files:

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Holy CRAP!!!:eek: Love this!

29. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Thanks Man!
    Its nice to see all the current 33/34 builds coming out of the woodwork. With all the perseverance that goes into our builds, its nice to have this forum to display them!!!