Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC with Ardun Heads at the Revolution

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I guess my memory is a little fuzzy, here is the fake flat head kit from back in the 90's

Attached Files:

2. SimonSez

SimonSez

As far as I know, there is no such thing as an Edelbrock 3x2 intake for a BBC.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fake, not fake. SBC, nailhead, pontiac, Olds or what not, the car is hell for good looking and I'd love to have it and drive the wheels off it. When I answered the other thread all I saw was hemi style valve covers and a T body and I have a little Desoto Hemi and a 27 T body so it gives me lots of ideas.

I remember that add Swade41 and remember that at the time that was more money than I had in a whole hot rod that I was driving.

Those cal custom scoops were sold to bolt on top of the hood in pairs but I think someone already said that. For the guys who couldn't swing a GTO

4. basicbob

basicbob

Super nice car & great look. He built the car to please him & to see a confused look when people look at the engine.
    I originally cast the Ardun covers for a friend needing 8 for the foot stool at his man cave bar. The roadster builder took a set with building his roadster In mind for cool look.

If memory serves me correct he chose the early Eldebrock intake because it would allow the carbs to sit low compared to the height of the Ardun covers. Next he built a pair of tin covers for the small block heads that would serve multiple uses:

A. Cover the head & support the Ardun covers
    B. Cover the exhaust conversion to take the center connected Chevy exhaust out to the spread Ardun exhaust look.
    This set up at first makes you think it is an Ardun then almost immediately piss off the fellow looking at it as if he is embarrassed with what his eyes told him he was seeing.

Just take it for what it is & wish you either built it or walked on by!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  5. the-rodster

the-rodster

Mystery solved.

Rich

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

Ditto - :D:D:D

CRUISER :cool:

7. Thanks Ryan for the nice comments. Car is owned by KATYFATRODDER and is powered by a SBC 267. 3 speed saginaw, banjo rearend and as you mentioned , hours of louvering, mods, paint and pinstripping.

FAUX......means ..... Fake ??

It is fun to watch people try to figure out the dizzy, fuel pump and exhaust ports. To me the conversion to make it look this way is cool and VERY well executed.

Faux.......The Orange Foose built car was a beautiful nasty sounding hot rod. It has custom "New wheels", New "Brookville Body", the "Cragar 3 belt 371 blower and intake" I belieive are repops from Mach 3 reverse engineering out of California. So it was a 2011 built car made to look old (Faux). So what.....I like it. The Waco Kid Model A was over the top.......and real.

I did not see many cars their that I did not like for one reason or another. That is the best part about the HAMBer cars at the show. They all have a unique character and some even throw curve balls like the little sbc Ardun.

Don't be suprised if it has a "real" Hemi in it soon.:eek:

8. well said vrod64...

I have noticed how some of these self appointed experts that constantly put down everybody's cars and or make fun of any question posted, which they feel is stupid, are driving cars that nobody in the 50's would have been caught dead in. Like wagons and 4 doors. Where are the threads slamming these family cars I mean traditional hot rods? Is there a difference in a steel repop body vs. a fiberglass body? Not in my opinion. But, I don't think there are any threads slamming all these Brookville faux's. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't drive one but, I don't have the right to rag on somebody for choosing one either. How much fun would a car show be if everybody had the same taste and drove the same thing anyway? The elitist mentality that comes from some members makes the rest of us look bad.

Some things need to be kept inside and not said. Absolutely nothing positive has come from this thread except maybe a guy with a very cool car and his friends being pissed off.

One more thing that should be said. The owner of this cool rod, which has no top, drove it from Houston and back in 40 something degree weather. Pretty die hard hot rodder if you ask me.

9. firingorder1

firingorder1

Betcha if those heads were $100 a set they'd be like bellybuttons. Of all the "faux" hot rod stuff I've seen they are by far the best.

10. To those who dis this car for having something fake on it. You think all those model A's running around with deuce grill shells came with them?

11. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

That's like having a banana stuffed in your pants.... Run the real thing or not at all

12. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

This is an excellent point. I have a (real) Model-A with a 32 dash, on Deuce rails, with a Deuce grill, all of which are after-market reproductions. Totally fake... I'm happy though. As long as you are having a good time who really cares. Unless you are driving one of these. There is no forgiveness for a gaudy T-Bucket. They are a sin against God.

Attached Files:

13. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Wow go to sleep early and you miss all the fun.......Well I've had the car since April 2011. Stole it from a friend in Midland, Texas. Most questions were answered already. I can tell you when I took the Ardun Covers off to see how it was done I was amazed at the work it took just amazing craftsmanship and then he covered it up.

I've had more fun with this car than any other car I've ever had.........For those that enjoyed it great for those that didn’t too bad.......the builder did an awesome job building this car and has countless hours of true craftsmanship. I only wish I had a tenth of the talent this builder had. BTW I'm pretty good with my hands so no making fun.......I'll enjoy this car until the wheels fall off and then I’ll put more on.........

For all the haters lets see what you say about it next time you see it………what will you not like then………….

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  14. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

it was cold coming back from HRR but I had a blast............

Attached Files:

15. John,
    I have pondered that question and wonder of the smog motors have a spread port head. From a performance/efficiency standpoint that would be a logical change in the engines.

Ryan,
    You didn't by chance snap any other shots of the little jalopy that you would be willing to post did you? I would still like to get a better look at it.

Actually we have poked fun at those too and fellas like you jump on those threads and call us haters as well. You no doubt will take this personally but some of you folks wouldn't be happy if you was hung with a new rope.

And you are absolutely correct some things should be kept inside and not said. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

A lot of good has come from this thread, to start with the young ladies car has gotten a lot more exposer than it would have otherwise. A lot of decent discussion has been made. A lot of people have thought about something that they otherwise would not have. I could probably go on with the list but you get my point don't you?

Someone older an wiser once told me that one should really give some thought prior to pointing a finger at another, when you point at someone you always have three fingers pointing right back at ya.

16. P-n-B

ALL SBC's had "joined" center exhaust ports.

On a separate note....I've always been fascinated with making small things work. One idea I have had over the last several years is building an ultra-small SBC with the 3.5" bore of the 267 ('79-'82) and the 3.1" stroke of the 262 ('75-'76), which would yeild a 239 cibic inch mini-mouse. Toss on a couple 94's and scoot around in mpg-style! May not work, but it intrigues me.......

17. Brett,
    I know all of the ones that I fool with have joined center ports, I was just wondering if the really late model ones didn't. Which raises the question if that one has trick heads ot something had been done inside the head cover to spread the ports.

Your idea to build a mini-mouse is a pretty good one. For more than scooting around town in a light bodied car it could also be used to meet class requirments. Small displacement in a light enough body could out you right in line for busting a record, or winning at a nat if they still had real heads up gas class racing. Figure it this way, a box Nova with a 239 would be in about G stock. No competition. ;)

18. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Hey quit calling me names. I've been called lots of things in the past but never a young ladie. I'm a middle aged man, little over weight with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes........so stop the name calling.....young ladie????

19. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

fake or not,i really don't give a shit,it's freaken sweet!the guy who did all work really succeeded in making every one who an 'expert' scratch their head & wonder {how did he do that?} it's just not your everyday sbc wearing olds covers-which look very foolish in my book!

20. Clik

Clik

Any more than a mouthfull is wastefull.

I support the itty bitty tittie committee.

Keep thangs real.

21. OK then. You must be tougher than the boy named sue. ;)

I'll bet it is Catty and not really Katy? You sir are the official winner of the 'beaner public appology. Sorry friend.:eek:

22. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I was just gonna say I seen it at back to the fiffties a few years back but never at any other local shows I can recall, and here the guy comes on and is from texas. Its a neat car and its cool you drive it all over and enjoy it.

23. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Ha no apology required............

24. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

It wasn't mine then but it is now.........Its been in Texas for maybe 2 years now

25. I don't do anything that I think is required. Deserved maybe.

Next time I'm down south can I get a closer look at the car?

26. Larry T

Larry T

Beaner,
    He's not Katy, he's from Katy!
    Now don't go polking fun at the names of our towns, ya hear! We might have to send you to Cut and Shoot! :)
    Larry T

27. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

Yes anytime........I'm in a little town called Katy now a suburb of Houston.........

28. Larry T

Larry T

Katyfattrodder,
    Just out of curiousity, do the exhaust dump into a log and have pipes coming out the other side or are the center pipes spread where they come out of the head.

Neat looking car, sure makes everyone scratch their heads.
    Larry T

29. Ooohh you little ardun boy aarumppump pum pum. Me and my drum.

30. katyfattrodder

katyfattrodder

They are true pipes coming out of each port on the SBC head and out the faux head cover. All individual! Like I said a work of art of cutting, bending and welding just to cover it all up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.