Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC with Ardun Heads at the Revolution

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. From where I sit there is only one thing to do, guess.

The car has a HAMB Alliance tag on the firewall so it either belongs to a HAMBer or has belonged to a HAMBer at one time or another. I don't doubt that he has seen this thread and is laughing his ass off as I type.

I do remember one of the fellas posting pics of one of those scoops wanting infor on a base for it as he thought it was a carb cover. it has been awhile back and I don't recall who it was.

2. alchemy

alchemy

I saw the car at Back to the Fifties in St. Paul a couple years ago, when it was in gray primer. Went running over to see the Ardun engine, only to be disappointed when I got closer. Kinda like when Fatman Fab showed his 33 tudor this year.

I like REAL Arduns.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Guys: 'O.T.', but same car: Anyone know what steering box that is with the cast-flange mount?
    Looks like VW bus, but is it? (4 bolts visible)

By the way, that 'Ardun Bowtie trick' is slick. 'Carb cover' is well-fitted, looks like that was what it was intended for!

4. MilesM

MilesM

I have seen this set up at Don's also.

5. I think it's VERY Cool.....
    Its no worse than calling a flathead a hot rod motor and then calling a Chevy a lesser engine....?
    I mean seriously when one disreguards superior performance and value for appearance sake -is that not the same thing?

6. hotrod428

hotrod428

on real ARDUN heads the exhaust ports point straight down not to the side.

7. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Looks good. Plus its alot more reliable than a real ardun. Hahaha.

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Too bad a set was never produced for the Mouse Motor after all the man who designed the Ardun head was also the "Father" of a very famous sports car and wrote a famous letter about knocking a king off it's throne and replacing with a new king and making it happen (he also mention how Mopar copied the Ardun head).

9. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I saw that car and it took me a while to figure it out too. The water pump was the big tell. Fake, yes but a pretty good one. I saw lots of great ideas on that car - way more creativity than some "retro-trad" cars around.

The main thing is, when I asked about it, the guy was straight up and said he didn't build the car and didn't know much about the construction of it - no bull shit just straight talk. He LOVES the car and has been trying to buy it from several owners and now he has it and drove it all the way to Austin in fucking rain and cold! So he's okay by me.

10. spooler41

spooler41

Could that be a Pontiac motor, pipe spacing looks about right.

.................Jack

11. bigdav160

bigdav160

Water pump looks like a BBC too. The hose thing is just the bypass and not needed depending on thermostat configuration.

12. Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hmm. Small world. I hate all that crap too. whoda thunk?:eek::rolleyes:

14. titus

titus

I think the car maybe from MN, or at least the midwest. i think it was at back to the fifties

jeff

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

I say BBC.

Rich

16. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

You don't know what you're talking about.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My take... I'm not at all into fake stuff and I probably wouldn't have admitted that car had I of noticed this motor in the submission photo...

BUT, once I saw the car at the show I really did like it. It was just an interesting car... And it was put together REALLY well. I'm glad it was there regardless of the faux stuff.

18. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

I think there are like a woman with small tits that got some implants - Sure as the devil they look much better!

19. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

i saw that at back to the 50's a few years ago i think. and it is a BBC. not SBC. nicely done for what it is.

20. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

iam pretty damn sure he didnt ask anybody on the hamb for the money to do it so , its his, its diffeent and hes not a sheep in the heard. its cool as hell .

21. One Finger John

One Finger John

Ryan, so what you are saying is that it is a SBC with Arden valve covers. That the whole car is very well done (including the adaptation of the valve covers). Please explain the space between the inner primary pipes. A spread exhaust port cylinder head? Perhaps a sprint car head?

John

22. Dar73

Dar73

I haven't read all of the posts, so I apologise if it has already been said, but the scoop is called a Cal Custom. I have watched a few online, seems like they range from about 2-400 a piece in price. I think I would prefer it on a hood but to each his own. I just thought it was a neat looking piece.

23. They used to sell that kit in the back of Street Rodder mag for around 800 bucks, early 90's I believe.

24. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Well I looked it over pretty good at the show and if its a faux setup then they did one hell of a job. Who knows, maybe Arkus Duntov made some Ardun heads for the SBC too. After all he built the Ardun flathead conversions and was heavy into the developement of the SBC as well.

25. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

useless info but it looks as if its only running the center carb due to the faded fuel line in the middle

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Somehow that makes perfect sense...

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks cool to me. don't care if it is a fake ardun. saw an A touring at Paso several years back with a fake Ardun, didn't notice it was fake until a photo of it was posted here and someone pointed it out. too many other things to look at when at a show, don't always have time for all the details.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Remember the ad well. Good catch.

29. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

You know, those carbs are spaced awful far apart for a small block.
    You can just make out the Edelbrock logo between the front and middle carb, can't you? It's the old logo, like I've seen on the Edelbrock 2x4 Nailhead intake.

Anybody have pics of an Edelbrock 3x2 intake for BBC?

-Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.