Register now to get rid of these ads!

Besides "Cars" what are your other hobbies? w/video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

Bass fishing for me! hanging with my pop,(he's 77 so unfortunatly the clocks ticking fast) blastin down the lake in his boat, foggy/misty morning then beautiful warm day, catching a few lunkers,getting a sun burn, having a few laughs. ahhh good times!!!!:D

2. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

for me its music. I build custom tube amps and play guitar and bass. Mostly bass, Upright and electric.

That and the family...

3. Flop

Flop

fishing is fun in the summer . right now im on a home made wine making kick.

4. You shoot sports instructors???

I would think that it is difficult to hire for that position when they find out how the others were fired!:eek:

5. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks..........I am thinking about doing my woody
    :eek:

6. I collect B/A (British American) gas and oil items. B/A had approx 5500 service stations across Canada and was taken over by Gulf in 1967.

Attached Files:

7. I love messin' with cars but, I'm a carpenter and cabinet maker by trade. This year I'm making jewelry boxes for my grand daughters and display boxes for my boys pistols for their Christmas presents :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Well we KNOW where someones mind is!:D

9. Normbc9

Normbc9

I like to restore old vehicles from farm tractors to old fire engines and automobiles. It is always fun to do the research, locate the needed items and also make an old rust heap come back to life. I also help my grand children with their HO scale model railroad layout they have in their basement.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

10. Zaq

Zaq

Well cars are definitley number one...but I have lots of hobbies...and not enough time and money for them all...

Been scuba diving for about 6 years now, just about to get started on getting my Dive Master certification. I love it, if I could dive every day I would.

Dirtbikes, been riding since I was 4 years old, I rarely ride now, because when I have free time Im out working on my truck....just kinda got out of it I guess...still love it though...

Music, yes, everyone loves music, but it is a huge part of my life. I listen to damn near everything, and listen to it alot. Mainly newer metal music, but I love everything (except country..eww). And I go to LOTS of concerts and festivals. 25+ a year.

And...probably one of the few on here, but Im young I can get away with it...Video Games. Love them, sure im 21 so I grew up with them...but I make sure I give more time towards hot rods. ;)

11. trimph1

trimph1

[​IMG]

Industrial photography...

12. eddie1

eddie1

Non car hobbies are downhill mountain biking & construction. By construction I mean house renovations. Too poor to pay anyone & I do seem to have inherited some carpentry skills from my grandfather.

13. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

<CITE class=kv>i PLAY TRUMPET, jAZZ tRumpet!</CITE>
    <CITE class=kv></CITE>
    <CITE class=kv></CITE>
    <CITE class=kv></CITE>
    <CITE class=kv>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7WvrW_JJa8</CITE>
    <CITE class=kv></CITE>
    <CITE class=kv></CITE>

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Through the years it has been listening to music, bass fishing, listening to music, autocrossing, cooking, listening to music, restoring Porsches, listening to music, legend car racing, listening to music, bass fishing again, cooking, listening to music, restoring Porsches, listening to music, cooking, building a restorod, etc., etc

Cooking, listening to music and restoring/building cars are about all I have time for now since I'm still working. Cooking great food and listening to great music is a constant. :D

15. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I forgot restoring/ collecting vintage tube amplifiers and guitars. I've done lots of stuff. :)

16. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ooh. Is this the one that has the engine that can run in either direction? Those are really cool!

18. you mean theres something besides cars? hmmmmm ill haveta look into that

19. V8 BUG

V8 BUG

When not working on cars I like to go out in this
    [​IMG]
    When in the garage not working on cars i like to make stuff like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Those emblems are nice!

21. No, those are the older single cylinder 2 cycle cars. No transmission. When you want to back up, you shut the engine down, then crank start it running backwards. Our car is powered by a 2 cylinder Onan 4 stroke with a 2 speed transmission with reverse. The Onan is about 25 hp, the little "pop cars", as the two strokes are called, have about 7 hp. On the 4% grade out of Chama,NM, it's not uncommon to see the driver and passenger of a pop car walking along pushing it up the grade. I built a smooth flow header for our car and running on smooth, level rail, outside of Parker,AZ, we ran about 15 miles wide open. By timing the mile markers along the right of way, we were doing about 46 mph. That friend is one hell of a ride on steel tires on steel rails with no suspension!! It took quite a while for the grins to leave our faces. :)

22. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Man I've got boxes of NOS tubes in my basement. PM and Let me know what tubes you may need and I'll take a look for ya to see if I have any.... For free of course!

Jon

23. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks but I'm not doing that right now. I'm restoring cars! :)

You would be amazed at what you can get for some of those on eBay. Check it out. You may have some mad money lying around. Thanks for the offer.

12AX7s, 12AT7s, 6V6s, 6L6s, and others are very popular in hi-fi and guitar amps.

24. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

I sold some a couple years ago and made ALOT of money. People were fighting over them from all over the world! It was crazy. I was speechless as I watched my listings end.

Jon

25. philo426

philo426

I like to make the occasional oddity.Like this Pylon using a diecast P-47 Razorback and a Power Wheels 6 volt gearbox.(click the pic to view the clip). [​IMG]

26. smittystoys

smittystoys

My other love besides my family and my cars is collecting toys and nostalgia stuff you name it and ive probably got at least one of what ever it is, look at my allbums in my profile and you can see my pictures.Im going to try to post some new pictures pretty quick these are a couple of years old and ive added a lot of stuff to it.

27. badshifter

badshifter

No videos, just pics. Make jet noises and have your display whizz by you at 200mph.

Attached Files:

28. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.