Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Ford Galaxie Meet in Dawsonville, GA 10-23-11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Oct 25, 2011.

1. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

how am i just now finding this thread?!?!?!?!?!?!

2. Sleeper_6

Sleeper_6
    from Mass

3. Thanks for sharing!!

4. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

WOW. thanks for sharing those great pictures

5. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

That pic reminds me of my moms car. She bought it new and it only has 4500 miles on it. 72 2dr with a 429 and it's been sitting in dry storage for over 25 years and it's never been wet other than washing the outside. Plans are to try to get it up and running this year.

6. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

Spectacular photos.

Thank you!

7. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Regarding the replica 60 Ford SS car, it doesnt need to be proven that one would run with the other 60 SS cars. I was in Davie Florida in 1960 when a white cheap body 60 business coupe, 352/360 set the record and was the first SS car to run in the 13s @ 13.99. The clocks were checked and certified correct because nobody could believe it. The car was torn down and found to be legal. It had a bench seat in it though. Ill always recall that day because it was the first time Id ever seen somone parachute out of a plane. The chute didnt open and I decided I didnt care for that sport

8. thrush544

thrush544

WOW ...awesome pics, I so wanted to be there!!!

I am building a 64 Custom 500 .... That white one is SWEEEEET!!! Would you have any other pictures of it?

Mine...

Attached Files:

9. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

Have been a member of the Galaxie Club for maybe 6 or 7 years.
    When I renewed last time, Mark asked me for some pics now that he prints a color mag.
    I warned him, but sent him some anyway.....he didn't ask again. (go figure)
    These are amazing pictures! Kudos to all the owners that make them look this good.
    Thanks for the post, helps to keep the dream alive.
    Bill

10. thrush544

thrush544

I have also been a member of the Galaxie Club for quite a while. If Mark hasn't gotten back to him shoot him an e-mail. I know he has quite a few things going on at a time. He really is a decent guy, just doing a lot. I think he gets a little frustrated sometimes too as he puts so much into the the club yet gets critisized by some who don't doing anything for anybody else.
    Have you posted any here?

11. 65COMET

65COMET

That "what if" 60 is AWESOME,as were all of them!!! Thank you for posting all those great pictures!! ROY.

12. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

Sorry if my tongue-in-cheek humor didn't come through as I had planned!
    Yeah, I posted some here and my silly point was that Mark surely wants Galaxies in much better condition than mine!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630670
    I had no misconceptions that my barge would fit in with the really nice Gals featured in the club magazine. There was no offense taken and none meant towards Mark. I appreciate very much the work that he puts into the club and the magazine. The cars shown at Dawsonville are amazing! Mine has a ways to go yet.
    Bill

13. thrush544

thrush544

Bill,
    Sorry, probably my misread! I have been staying up way to late these days and it must be affecting my mind. (I'll use that for my excuse this time).
    I liked your pictures posted from New Years. Actually some may qualify as being art! I myself have one nice 64 and 2 in need of resto. I hope to build at least one of those into a drag car.
    So, how's your car coming along?

Ed

14. mow too much

mow too much

WOW, what a bunch of NICE cars I've had several Starliners and a 63 1/2 405 horse 406 I WISH I had back...............some of the prettiest cars ever.

15. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

Hey Ed, not a lot is getting done. Most of what will happen first will be mechanical, not cosmetic.
    The 'latest' shots from this past summer, with decent bumpers and a bit of clean-up in the engine compartment were posted on the thread started by Jeff Norwell and I linked that page from Post #3 in my intro. (how's that for complicated?)
    Realistically, the car will never be like the ones pictured in this show, I don't have the space or time to do a resto. I have a great respect for the folks that do the amazing restos but mine will always be kind of a junk yard dog compared to those. Just how it is....
    How does that old saying go?, "Not all of us can be in the parade, somebody has to stand on the sidewalk and clap when they go by".
    Good luck with your's, the one in the avatar looks good.
    Bill