Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can you I.D. this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firepig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Firepig

Firepig

I posted this quite a while back, but can anyone tell me what this turn signal box came out of or where I can find another?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. picture is very unclear and out of focus, atleast on my screen, but it looks like an Industrial explosion proof electrical fixture that has been drilled and complonents added. WOuld there happen to be a name stamped in it like Hubbell, Appleton, etc?

3. 117harv

117harv

I don't know who or where that came from but it is cool.

They make a soild state signal unit that i see in motor cycle/choppper wish books that would work to reproduce that. It is mounted remotely and you run two buttons, in this case to a box similar to that mounted where ever. When you push the button one second, it flashes three times and self cancels. Push for two seconds and it flashes 10 times. Push both at the same time and it activates the flashers, push them again to cancel.

4. Firepig

Firepig

That sounds cool and may be an option when this one wears out. I really like it. As you can see the R/L buttons are on top and the cancel button on the face. If you push both R/L buttons down you have emer. flashers. Thx for the info.

5. squirrel

squirrel

someone made that. I know a nerdy guy who puts stuff like that on his gennie 32 roadster he's had for 50 years.

6. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

That's got to be some kind of rod with a turn-and-bank indicator! I guess it's a traditional g-meter.:rolleyes:

Mike

7. I'm betting homemade job

8. Firepig

Firepig

Yeah, I like that! Well, fortunately mine is still working, but trying to prepare for the day that it's doesn't. Thanks! :)

9. Firepig

Firepig

Sorry if it offended you. No...not really. But thanks for the productive comment ;)

10. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

Not offended. Just thought it interesting to see aircraft instrumention on wheeled transport.

Mike

11. Dick's Beaters

Dick's Beaters

This switch won't do turn signals, just head, tail and blackout.

12. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I believe that your turn signal box is an aftermarket unit made for larger trucks before they became OEM, I've seen them advertised, but not in a very long time.

13. greenracer

greenracer
    from sequim wa

I work for an excavating company and we have a 50's road grader that has the same type of turn signal unit.

14. Firepig

Firepig

Sorry for my remark Mike. I've had some pretty rude remarks about my truck on this forum and was a little too defensive. Glad we talked it out in PM's. :)

15. Firepig

Firepig

Really?! That gives me more direction on a possible source. Thanks!