Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects build 66 barracuda (may ot )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasolinedeniz, Dec 8, 2011.

1. First i have to say sorry if this is may slightly ot. The car gonna be a 60s dragrace style build and i just finished the engine bay of it . With the first lacejob i ever did. I like it so far, even it is far from perfect . But you kwow either you have the cash to get it done or you learn how stuff works and doit by your own.
    the first pic shows how the car looked from years ago:)

Attached Files:

2. now see the progress, first i did all the suspension stuff and so on , fixred a few rust holes ,straigthened all the shhetmetal in the enginebay and closed all the drilled holes a car gets all over the years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then i started to paint it, i had some time and health issues inbetween so after the pics above and now 2 years pasts but i wanna finish the car till spring
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. yesterday i put the engine back into the car , now it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I for one love the early cuda"s.

5. Nice, funky engine compartment - we need more specs - 273-318-340-360? 727-904 or 833? 8 3/4" rear? Discs on front 4 piston or 1?

6. okay here we go . onm the front i have the original 4 piston discbrake . The engine is a 318 for the moment ,i still have the original 273s engine . But i plan a 360 for the future. In the past i had a 340 in it who killed the original rearend :) Since then i have a small pattern 8.75 in it

7. Nice combo! A nicely built 360 (9:1 real compression, good cam, ported x, j or magnum heads) would make that thing fly, and you already have the axle to handle it.

Finding the 4" bolt pattern rims can be a challenge, but they are out there.

Good luck, great build, love the first gen Cudas. I love all A body mopars really, but that big back window is so cool.

8. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Nice start keep us posted

9. carsluTT

carsluTT

looks like ur off to an great start

10. Cool stuff Deniz!:cool: Can't wait to see what's next.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Never thought about flaming the engine bay.
    BUT I'M THINKIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats really bitchen. I'll be doin my Galaxie this spring, thanks.

12. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Cool car no doubt.. Looks like the HAMB has lost its soul and will have a few camaro & mustang builds soon enough. I like your cuda,it but dont know why its posted here?

13. thats why i sayed may ot, but then otherwise if the hamb has nothing to do with 60s style rods ,kustoms and so on, drag racing for example who has it? Its a 60s car i will build like a kid who had the cash to buy a new car in this time and turn it into a kustom streetracer. I know its either a kustom or a hotrod but it is also not a muscle car in any meanings . To mee so far.

14. RichG

RichG

I love panels, lace, and drag cars... keep it up!

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We tend to like early drag cars here. That car is like a fine line example in my opinion. Now if he showed up with 18" wheels and an electronic injection new style hemi, I'd say it's O/T. Then again, it ain't my place and the mods can decide. Lost it's soul? Hardly...

16. Truckedup

Truckedup

Maybe,but there's pages of posts on ice cream and mail trucks,like what's traditional about them?
    At least the Barracuda is the same basic structure as a 63 Dart,so.....just my opinion.

17. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

By that logic then it's okay to post about '66 Mustangs because you let a '66 Cuda in....

I hate Mustangs....

18. Truckedup

Truckedup

I'm no fan of Mustangs either,but it is a 60 Falcon more or less.How about the pages of S-10 frames ????
    This is not my site, I'm not a Moderator here,it's their call

19. The Barracuda started in '64, and the body didn't change much until '67, so I think a '66 done in an early 60's style fits right in here.

As said above, the moderators have final say.

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

anyone want to see my wifes 67 impala im finishing up? i know its not a 64 and back but its still a old 60s impala.lol

21. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

So did the mustang lol

Everyone misses the point that we all like alot of things and thats cool but this just dilutes the content
    of the hamb.

22. not realy , the mustang was a completly new desing, the barracuda was just a facelifted valiant/dart

23. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Like your Barracuda. Keep us posted.

24. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

and the Mustang was basicly a Falcon to start underneath, with new sheetmetal

25. outlaw256

outlaw256

this shit could go on and on.the yrs are 64 and back guys.follow the rules or take a different rd.ive just about finished a 67 impala for the wife that is one of the best we have ever done and we have done alot. but it doesnt fit here so thats it.but its not my call, its the bosses call.but if start allowing one to slid in then whos to tell where it will stop.how about my 74 nova,its bad to the bone.just this once. see? anyway i love the early cudas.i had a 66 with the laid down 6 in it.coulnt keep a frontend under it. kept eating up ball joints both sides top and bottom. never could find out why. even had 2 frontend shops look at it.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Not true, those are the rules for the classifieds, but the main board does not have a specific year. There is some interpretation, hence why '65 Rivieras are fine. The big no no's are pony cars and muscle cars... but 64-65 is a pretty good cutoff to go with and be safe.

27. Your Barracuda is the same, overall, as the '64 cars, so you are good here OR in the Classifieds. I like hot-rodded A-bodies!

Years ago in Colorado, a friend had a '63 Valiant station wagon with a 225 that did consistent 11.80s. This was in 1977-78. They can be built to haul the mail, that is for sure!

28. I like and I am subscribed...........

I have two 64 Valiants..... Love the early Cudas.........

29. Al Von

Al Von

Nice engine compartment paint! I have a soft spot for Mopars, having owned many back in the 80's. I see in the first pic the car has big-bolt ralleys on it, so someone already converted the front brakes? Great job rebuilding the front suspension. That car is going to be a GREAT driver if it isnt already!