Register now to get rid of these ads!

chop cut rebuild 41 study

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Dec 5, 2011.

1. hear is my latest project ..1941 study m5.... It has a s10 frame with wide five hubs and wheels ,quick change rear,Hoped up 302 ford v8 ,5 speed manuel trans, 4 inch chop in top, 4 inchs out of hood and cowel ,reworked wheel wells ,52 chevy rear fenders from pickup ,home made bed.chaneled 5 inches, air ride.It is now in paint and final assy. silver and flat black .I will post more later now that i have mastered posting photos .yea haaaa......

Attached Files:

2. some more photos

Attached Files:

3. Two thumbs up. I'll bet some people won't "get it", but I like where you're going with this.

4. yeah I know its weird .its built from all the spare parts from 30 years of hotroding and racing .a mix of all I have done. kinda race truck hot rod street rod .I am in final assy and paint .will post more later

Attached Files:

5. more

Attached Files:

6. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Looks like something that would be fin to run in the Silver State Challenge.

7. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

8. t5stang91

t5stang91

that is sweeeeet!!! can't wait to see final product

9. I'm building a 51 Plymouth 3W kinda along the same lines. Man, I gotta get back ON that thing.... Thanks for the inspiration.;)

10. hear are some more shots in assy

Attached Files:

• 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      153.1 KB
      Views:
    • 021.JPG
      021.JPG
      File size:
      148.5 KB
      Views:
  11. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Looking good....

12. MOPAR JACK, would you be from Collinsville Ill. just across the river from St Lewis

Attached Files:

• 040.JPG
      040.JPG
      File size:
      142.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Very nice. That's a lot of sheetmetal welding.

14. adamshumard

adamshumard

I dig it. Only criticism I have is I would have moved the rear forward. But still cool.

15. Your Stude looks like it would be at home cruising next to Exwestracer's Nova.

16. If I had it to do over again I would have used 104 inch wheelbase and shortened the bed.I agree about the bed its just to long .to much to change it now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  17. Got any pics with the doors on. 4" chop sounds like a lot for a M series. I cut mine 1 & 1/2" and thinking about a 3 " section. Different direction than I went, but yours is looking tuff!

18. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I know it seems kind of late in the game but if you used a lifetime of collected parts and do want it to have a shorter wheelbase, you'll never get any closer. Do it now!!!:D There are plenty of tools to shorten stuff and it is easier than making it longer.

19. Its already painted and dont realy want to do it over . I can live with this look

20. Hear is a door photo w/ 4 in. chop. when I say 4 in chop I mean that is what I cut out of the w/shield post Its around 3 ins on all level areas. 2 ins in rear window and 1 in under the rear window I added 2 ins across the roof and split it about 1 in starting at the center of the w/shield at o ins to the 1 in. at the rear glass. I can photo the inside of the cab If you want to see the cuts

Attached Files:

• 043.JPG
      043.JPG
      File size:
      149.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  21. Nah. It's the right kind of different.

22. Thanks for the pic. Looks great. Im almost done with my chop, but would still like to see the cuts made on yours. Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours together. I'll throw some of my 46 when I get a chance.

23. 60 ford

60 ford

Cool build, thanks for sharing

24. Tinbender , I'll shoot some photos of the inside of the cab as to where I cut it . I'll post them as soon as I can.

25. Desert_Rat

Desert_Rat

Definitely a lot of metal work went into this truck... Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing...

~Dustin

26. hear are the photos I shot inside the cab where it was cut and metal added .Hope you can make sense of them .ask ?s if need too I will explain

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      134.7 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      139.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      138.3 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      145.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      135.8 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      146.5 KB
      Views:
  27. deeddude

deeddude

Looks good. The wide fives do make a statement. I like to do the same thing you're doing; build stuff with my older, but useful, racing parts. Using what you have on hand sure keeps the price down. Can't wait to see the finished project. Keep up the good work.

28. I want to use weld polished aluminum wide fives with Hoosier tires 10" in rear and 8" in front . they have that race car look . I would love to run the good/year eagles but they arn't dot. Bolted on the front end today and right bed side. will post photo's early next week.I can't weight to drive this one around .....

29. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

------
    Ditto on that! I kinda' like the long wheelbase.

Mart3406

30. thanks, mart3406.... It is different