Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Hey Chopt34 there are 5 or 6 of us in the Aurora area. We will have to meet up sometime.

2. Hey that sounds like a great idea! That is great to hear there so many local rodders around. A couple of guys from work are coming over to the shop in the morning, then we were thinking about visiting Midwest Hot Rods in Plainfield. I will be in a red chopped and channeled 40 if you are out driving around.

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If my car was roadworthy, I'd be interested in that trip to Midwest Hot Rods.

4. Woke up to rain, hope it dries out. I worked on my windows all night half done.Pp

5. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

I'm originally from Gurnee area, so my family still lives there and we visit in the summer a lot. Every Saturday night up in Ingleside (near Fox Lake) Miller's Dog N' Suds does a nice 1973 and older cruise night. They've been doing it for about 25 years now and its a real-deal drive-in burger joint with carhops and all. Its worth the trip north once to check it out. (Only about 50 min to 1 hour from downtown Chicago). Live music sometimes too, but its been a family scene for us since about 1989 or so.

http://www.dognsudsdrivein.com/service1.aspx

And if you're up in that neck of the woods, the Nostalgia McDonalds right near Gurnee Mills mall does one on Friday nights. I haven't been there in a few years but they used to get 200+ cars on a good night. All kinds of stuff there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonrev/collections/72157624343643497/

6. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Welcome to Chicago Chopt34!

You'll have to drive past my place to get from Naperville to Midwest. Careful out there, the holiday shoppers are a bit crazy this morning in the wet on 59.

Mike

7. Tomorrow is the Motorcycle Toys for Tots Parade, I believe it runs up Western from 87th Street and ends right by my house at Rockwell and Addison. If it's dry I might have the Mercury out.

8. Thanks Mike! It was a nice visit at Midwest, they have a lot of projects in process. It is good to see they are busy. What a great bunch of guys!

9. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Hey guys, on thursday were getting together for dinner at the Pork Shoppe on Belmont and Elston. Its at 8pm just a buncha car guys talking cars

10. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

8 pm

11. Ugh that's the day of my work xmas party!!!

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Did you do Tots John?

13. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

frank, you coming? Heard the pulled pork is pretty good there.

John..... :(

14. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

You coming? Im gonna bring my carb spacer for show and tell. :D

15. blades can you pm me your cell, if you guys are still there when i get home maybe i can swing by i live pretty close to there.

Francisco, I didn't formally do it but I drove around a bit and then drove over to the drop-off. from what i learned, the parade organizers keep it strictly motorcycles but i know that the great lake jeeps guys do a cruise. so we should do our own thing next year.

16. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

That's a pretty good idea John. Maybe we could do a Holiday Cruise for a cause like the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Maybe we could do a cruise to raise money for folks to have a thanksgiving meal.

A HAMB'sGiving Cruise.

17. t5stang91

t5stang91

i know i am not that close to you guys , but i would make the 1 1/2 hour trip to help a cause or just go for a cruise.

18. I think it would be fun to do our own toys cruise the same day as toys for tots, we can just get there after the bulk of the bikers... The biker guys are car guys too.

....And.... aghhh.. snow and salt on the ground. Fugg.

19. Cub8556

Cub8556

Cruising for some type of charity or cause would be a lot of fun. It's been a hard time for a lot of people. X2 on the snow and salt. Ugh

20. Last night at 8pm I saw a 57-58 Ford 4 door black creeping south on Milwaukee that turned onto Chicago... I believe Lucky (Josh) said he used to own this car...

21. showrod

showrod

Hey John, I will be riding with the great lake jeep guys in sundays toys for tots I will keep my eyes peeled for your merc :D. while I'm in the neighborhood Im gonna stop at the old Grancor speed shop on Broadway and take a few pics. sort of a speed shop ghost tour.

22. Are they still doing Toys for Tots? Where are you going to drop off the toys, Addison/Rockwell or Foster? You have a Merc right? I could bring it out if the roads are not too salty.

23. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

I don't think its Czar Josh(Lucky). Hot Rod Josh i believe is the right Josh.

24. Gotcha.

Anyone planning to show their car at WoW/Autorama in 2012? I'm thinking of going for it.

25. showrod

showrod

In years past the drop off has been Foster. I just go along for the ride with some old friends. its a chance to get together before the holidays. Do a good deed for a good cause.
    so I wont be in a merc.
    my buddy who is in the jeep club actually collects all year and fills a full size pickup truck with toys. so they often put us at the front of the group.
    then its off for some christmas cheer:D:D:D

26. I'm by Addison and Western so if you are out and about for sure text me or call me and I can pop the Merc out.

27. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I think organising some kind of toy collection for next year is an awesome idea. What would it consist of? Would there need to be some key planners? I think it would need to start months ahead of time.

28. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you guys show your cars at WoW, let us all know. I'll stop by. I'll be going to WoW anyway. March 2-4, 2012.

29. blades let's talk mon/tues about a toy drive.

wow i am interested, is anyone like hrcc or vdl running it this year?