Register now to get rid of these ads!

My buddy's Detroit Diesel pwd 23 T bucket!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod60F100, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And just about as relevant....;)

2. badshifter

badshifter

I guess us crybabies "bitch" because last I heard this site was about traditional hot rods. Not about shock rods and gimmick rods. There is nothing shock/gimmick about a SBC in anything hot rod related. I'm not saying it's not a fun little project, but if we all start posting our fun little projects, well the HAMB would not be the HAMB anymore. Now would it?

3. No cryin' here. I can appreciate the hard work..............but, not for this forum.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  4. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Exactly

5. Dave50

Dave50

This place is turning in to the other two sites............ way to much crap popping up lately. nice craftsmanship but wrong engine for this site

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I agree 100%. That having been said, I giggled like a school girl when I watched the video. If I ever end up with an abandoned bus motor, now I know what to do with it. But HAMB friendly? HELL NO...

7. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

But doesn't this kinda build represent the true spirit of hot rodding? Think about it. Normal Norman

8. If someone had done it in the 50's then it would be ok? everyone says" don't worry about keeping it all mopar, if you have a sbc laying around then run it!" Well this boy had a detroit and he used it, it is still a T bucket!

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Diesel engines are not new. Plenty of land speed cars have had them.

10. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

The wheels are awesome.

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I don't think you can get much more big block then that :D I'm sure it was done somewhere by someone back in the day, if someone had a car to build and had one of these available, why wouldn't they use it?

12. Looks like it runs great. Very cool.

13. Racer Frank

Racer Frank
    from Milton PA

Very cool car and I also would like to see som specs on the rest of the build.

I will also toss in my 2 cents "Traditional HotRodding"= using the parts and pieces you have laying around or can buy for a song and dace or trade your junk for someone elses junk to build your own HOT ROD!

Frank

14. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

So,By your definition.
    I use a manure spreader as a body and a mazda rotary for an engine because I have them.
    And then I trade for a early 4x4 frame and decide to use it.
    This to you is a Traditional Hot Rod?
    You need to do your research!!

15. Racer Frank

Racer Frank
    from Milton PA

I dont mean to hi-jack this thread this will be my last post on it.

Aussiesteve, A manure spreader with a mazda rotarty on an early 4x4 frame found in a barn in the year 2060, may be looked at with a same WOW factor as somebody finding a AIRPLANE BELLY TANK WITH A FLATHEAD ENGINE AND A HOMEBUILT FRAME, is looked at yesterday. it wasent traditional when it was built either.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.