Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Tuck Fire Fund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. havi

havi

I think the saying goes: "While negative people are complaining about a problem, the positive are busy finding a solution."

This battle will be won.

2. Tuck -

I'm thinkin' your HEMIs can be saved ...

Tuck's Garage Fire - HEMI (1).jpg Tuck's Garage Fire - HEMI (2).jpg Tuck's Garage Fire - HEMI (3).jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

... but it will certainly give new meaning to the "Chrysler FirePower" script on the valve covers :eek:

3. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Tuck it was fun working together yesterday would have liked it to be under better circumstances, but it will be great when I get to help move you into the new shop. Good to meet Larry, your mom, Havi, Paperdog and Doc. It was great to see the passion and imagination still going strong in you Tuck good luck today with the rest of the work and I will talk with you later!

4. They are out there now cleaning up..

5. titus

titus

I wanted to make it out there today but couldnt, sorry.

JEFF

6. titus, i doubt that everything will get cleaned up today and tomorrow...i would check with tuck as there maybe another weekend (i am sure he will be doing this during the week as well) or two to finish it.

tok

7. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

don't know tuck personally, but if it happend to me i'd like help to rebuild.just sent donation through paypal.good luck with the rebuild-ray

8. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Tuck, your resolve is un-matched. Your attitude is amazing. Thanks for all the kind words you posted to all of us here on the HAMB, it means a lot, man! I only wish I could be there to lend a hand and help you sift through all the rubble and help you rebuild it all. My thoughts to continue to be with you while you, your family and friends are working through the mess.
    Todd

9. Baggs

Baggs

Tuck- was nice to be able to help you out today with Bull. made some good progress but there is plenty more to do. please PLEASE call or get in touch with me for future clean ups, and re-builds. im always willing to help. you are only about 40 min north of me so its not a big deal to come up. You should definitly plan a huge bonfire for all that wood in the futrue!!!

Jason

10. Baggs

Baggs

Some camera phone shots from today, hope its cool that im sharing them! like i said, was nice to help out and make some progress. also was awesome to see how many people were there and digging in and getting dirty just to help out a fellow hot rodder. also, many thanks to tucks mom for making a great meal for lunch!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Thank's for the update and pic's. Great to see the positive motor-vation!

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Got the pad clear already! Can it be used for the new shop?

Looks like the only place left standing was where he had his upstairs roost.

Sad to see it gone.

I'll watch for the new shop build, take a week and come up.

I miss the A&W!

13. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

WOW, you guys have put in some work!

this whole deal sux to high heaven and I'm glad to see you making progress.

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Tuck, Just found out about the fire. Kinda know how your feeling as my storage burned up years ago and lost everything. Making it worse (if that's possible) it was an arson fire from an adjacent building that spread to mine. Lost a restored '69 Z-28, a perfect '32 2dr. and thousands of dollars worth of hot rod parts that took 25 years to collect. I recovered and so will you. I remember talking to you years ago at the Detroit Autorama and could see the passion that you had for this stuff. A c-note is waiting in your Paypal account to help out and I wish I were closer to give you a hand with the cleanup and rebuild. Things WILL get better.......promise.

Frank Burrell (fab32)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  15. havi

havi

Guys really kicked ass today!

16. its snowing here now great to get this mess this far guys
    now the leftovers are all thats left over

17. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I just got in... its 11:50 and im gonna pass out----->

It was an AWESOME day. At times it looked like there were army ants attacking the place... it was seriously cool. So many Hambers, friends and family came out to help! I'll post pics when I get caught up... don't feel bad if you didnt make it today- we had enough help- it was perfect.

All of you RULE!
    Like Seriously RULE!
    This wouldn't have happened without you- still lots to do but the really hard part of the cleanup is behind us... and yeah- we beat the snow!

Tuck

18. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

I better see you in Detroit!

I'm so glad to hear things are getting cleaned up!

Family. Seriously. That's what this place is about.

19. big creep

big creep

wish i was closer, but it looks like many people showed up to help! rad. i would love to help rebuild that place!

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm out of town and I just read your response tuck!

Dude you are and have been an inspiration to me and I glad your gonna kick the shit in the ass!!

21. Wowcars

Wowcars

Yesterday was incredible. Just wait for the best part of this story. Tuck will tell it when everything's calmed down a bit. I am so glad to be a part of what happened yesterday and last night. Lifetime memories were made for sure.

The Phoenix is rising.....

22. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

glad things are working out .

23. sport fury

sport fury

if someone could set up a benifit event i would go to it. i live fairly close to tuck and would it would be cool to meet him and help out.

24. Wowcars

Wowcars

Taken from Facebook:
    The Delinquents cc are putting a benefit show together with the help of some close friends for our friend Tuck , who recently lost his shop due to a fire ! and yes it was full of hot rods and speed parts ! we are looking to do a show in Jan not sure of the venue yet but we will let you know ! if you want to donate any art for the silent auction get ahold of me or any other member of The Delinquents cc ! all proceeds will go to Tuck to help him in this time of need

25. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I will post some pics tonight-

Today's engine saving day- getting things setup on stands (somebody RAD dropped off two stands by a tree yesterday!!!!) I can't wipe the smile off my face :) gonna tear engines down and lube them up. No way to express the gratitude I feel towards all of you-

Still so much to do and sort and save... but I think I'm gonna break this down into sections and tackle one thing at a time.

Like Wowcars said- lots of good memories out of all of this for sure...

Tuck

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good to read that you're dusting yourself off and moving forward. Best wishes.

27. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

thas awesome that your able to smile,, former partner set our shop on fire and I didnt smile for a month.

28. I sent a $!00 and when I told my bodyman about the fire he threw another $100 at me for Tuck...hope it helps a good friend and fellow hamber, fellow camper at BTT 50s and in general a great guy...
    Photo of the crispy shubox before the fire

Attached Files:

29. Baggs

Baggs

Tuck, Jimmy christiansen (slim53) drove up from bloomington to drop those yesterday!!

30. i am anxious to see plenty before/ after comparison photos :)