Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models 12.04.11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fat141, Dec 4, 2011.

1. fat141

fat141

Sunday, early evening down here, so without any further fanfare I would like to kick of this weeks models. The following are the product of the work bench of FC59:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please enjoy:) Sorry for the quality of the pics, but the models are cool:cool::D
    Cheers
    Rod

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  2. fat141

fat141

Gee whizz, threads get swallowed up quickly round here. BTTT SO SOME ONE ELSE CAN HAVE A LOOK
    Rod

3. hello i am hot rod dudes son Matthew.Im 14 years old and im into hotrods and model cars. This is my first internet post ever and i hope you like what you see.I won a trophy today at the Uraidla Hot rod and classics picnic and model car show with the black shoebox and the candy orange 36 coupe i only finished this morning.The Barris diorama was a six month project between my dad (hotrod dude) and i.I think dad is going to make a thread on the Barris diorama soon if you want to see it. I hope you enjoy. Thanks Matthew(junior dude):)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is dads and I diorama below.

[​IMG]

4. Deuces

Deuces

While I'm waiting for the pictures to load up, Thought I'd remind you to add today's date to the title... ;)

5. fat141

fat141

Dueces, thanks for the reminder, didn't forget, just didn't think of it. Not sure how I change the topic tho ????:confused:
    Mathew is cool for a 14year old :cool::cool: I see a big future for you and by golly I would love to see some more of Barris dio. What a knock out :cool::cool::cool:
    Rod:)

6. FC59

FC59

Thanks to Fat141 for posting up my models again this week, and a big well done to J D for winning a trophy today, and i would also like to see more of the dio.
    Cheers FC59

7. Maybe let this thread die and start a new one with the date. You can simply open a new browser window , hit edit on your posts then cut and paste them into the new one...
    all the image files will save just fine.

Great stuff by the way!

8. fat141

fat141

Thanks to Rikster, he taught me to sort out the date. All done, wont make that mistake again:D
    OK, start posting some models please;)
    Rod

9. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Great stuff hot rod dude ! ;)

this week i did my first 60's gasser war paint :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not bad for a beginner !lol! :D

10. fat141

fat141

That looks magic Zed, here is another model.
    Not a gasser,, but a goody nonetheless:)

[​IMG]

FC59:cool:

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Matthew, great work! I loved building models when I was your age (a lot of years ago), and I like your subject matter -- I own a shoebox, and used to have a '36 3 window. Keep it up, and show us some more of the diorama!

12. fat141

fat141

BTTT just to keep it alive for the rest of Sunday. Anyone can post, we dont have to wait for our best mate Lyle to post. LOL

13. Pics from the CPMCC meeting yesterday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. LOL. You don't want to wait for me every Sunday. Half the time, I forget what day it is!!!!!!!

15. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I like them all but the 40? teal colored truck is very nice. Thanks for posting. TP

16. wisdonm

wisdonm

1956 Volksrod features a flipped front axle, 4" chop, 4" drop, and a custom exhaust. Painted in Hot Rod black and red primer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Those look great. I'm 70 years old and can't build them that nice.
    Mike

18. Pharouh

Pharouh

Wow! Really nice stuff guys!
    I hope to have something here in a few weeks.

19. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

Man, you guys are good. I love the custom car lot diorama. I'm building a 55 Chevy hardtop by monogram, anyone know a place to get gasser parts?

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

some great work,off to a good start this wonderful day. Thanks

21. Great stuff this week.

22. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I love Utes. I made this one out of a '40 Ford delivery, and a coupe. Fabbed a tailgate, and moved the driver to the right side. Then threw a case of Cokes in the bed.

[​IMG]

23. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Here's a Land Speed Racer I'm building from the Ala Kart tub, and one of those wind up 1/48th scale LSR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. froghawk

froghawk

Great stuff already and it's not even noon here in Philly!

Hot Rod Dude, that Kustom City dio is awesome!

Zed, that Willys is amazing! Outstanding work as always. Thanks for raising the bar once again! I love you and hate you all at the same time! :D

Anyway, I've finally got something to show...

Masking Tape Madness!

OK, finally forced to stop thinking and talking about doing this, yesterday I actually sat down to start taping out the T-bird for the second color, Tamiya Pearl Blue, on the panels, closely following Larry Watson's layout for his '58 'Bird. Started taping at 11am, and except for a couple short breaks, finished taping at 8pm. Thanks to my wife for kindly doing the grocery run by herself in the afternoon!

I started outlining the panels with thin (1/32" or less) strips of black photographic tape by laying a long strip out on my glass surface plate and cutting the strips with a #11 against a steel rule. Though I usually use the 6" rule shown, this time I used a longer ruler since I wanted the strips a little longer (about 8") so there would be fewer joints in the panel outlines. For the tight curves in the corners the thin strips allow me to carefully press the tape down with my fingernail to work out wrinkles as it's gently pulled and stretched around the curve.

After the panels were outlined (by about 6:00) I filled in with wider strips of photo tape and cut strips and bits of wide yellow Tamiya tape.

Early this morning I shot the color and the last two shots were taken minutes after all the tape came off. It's not as smooth as I'd like, but fortunately the edges are pretty clean and it appears to be more or less even.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Deuces

Deuces

What?? No beer??? ;)

26. this is a neat ol Chevy
    [​IMG]

27. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Man that is sweet...one of these days I really want to learn how to do a total custom multi color stripe job for a resin boattail rivy I have!

28. Rattaxi48

Rattaxi48
    from ohio

just about have the 22jr finished just need to run fuel lines and should be finished

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      235.9 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      174.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      223.3 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      255.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      302.4 KB
      Views:
  29. Sauli

Sauli

[QUOTE
    [​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Froghawk,
    Wow! Thank You for sharing this! This is not only truly impressive work, but most inspirational also. Esp. the way that car body looks in the colors You chose! I´ve meaning to try my hand at something like that myself for a while w/one of my multiple projects of subject matter of similar era.

30. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Currently on my bench

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]