Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rare small block chevy intakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ol' Drippy, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Weasel

Weasel

^^^^ I believe that is a Grand Sport intake....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOU WELLS and volvobrynk like this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It was Pete Jackson. The manifold casting was really tall, and the throttle plates in the Jackson unit were mounted quite a bit farther from the ports than the Hilborns . They were very popular on Jr. Fuel cars, not so much on gas burners. As far as I know, they were just made for BB and SB chevies.

3. 4t7flat

4t7flat

Why not just paint a fake name on a common manifold? Just like the "OLDS" and "THUNDERBIRD" valve covers ,that try to hide the fact that you have another "BELLY BUTTON"eng.

4. I run a Creitz 3x2 on my coupe. Its the same manifold as the single 4,2x4 3x2. Its a open plenum so the just cut the manifold for the carbs. I had a chance to buy a second 3x2 manifold about 10 years ago and didn't. Dumb move. They also made quick changes but I've never seen one. I think they were out of Oklahoma. I may be wrong.

1Nimrod likes this.
  5. Buzznut

Buzznut

I have one that's probably not one of the rarest, but it is desirable from what I've found on the internet. It's a Winters Foundry reproduction of the 68-69 Z28 and 70 LT1 Vette SB intake. The stamped numbers are 14044836...you can look it up.

What's funny is that an old acquaintance saw it in one of the pictures I took of my engine and told me it wasn't any good. Said he'd let me buy an newer Eddy Performer off him for $75 and I could trade him the "boat anchor" manifold for scrap aluminum. THAT was when I ran the numbers and discovered that it's pretty desirable. What a jerk...

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

My rare one is a stock, cast iron, 1955, 265, 4-barrel intake. A one year only item. The 55 year 265 did'nt have a cast-in-the-block oil filter, and the remote cannister filter was an option. The "return" line enters the intake on the right side, just in front of the heat crossover. BUT, the temperature sending unit position is what really sets it off; it's at the left rear corner, similar to that Nicson 2X2 pictured earlier. I got it off that auction site we all know and love, and it actually did'nt cost much. But, try and find another one. Butch/56sedandelivery.

1Nimrod likes this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My 6x2 Eledbrocks. :D

Attached Files:

1Nimrod and Deuces like this.
  8. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

that thing is sweet. i guess there is a way to polish a turd. all these intakes are sweet

9. scrape

scrape

ok... so, whats the dill with the 5 duce setup... that thing is coool!!

10. Nice intake set up....Frank (Fab32) always seems to have the kool stuff....lol......best of luck with the set up.

1Nimrod likes this.
  11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

From a past ebay listing;

Don't know how rare it is, but I've never seen this one...probably because it's an early 283 marine app.
    2x1 Carter YH side drafts. (same as turbo corvairs?)
    Aluminum intake with no markings or #'s.
    Definately different. Would look cool polished and adapted to a Hot Rod.

Attached Files:

1Nimrod, Tri-power37 and Deuces like this.
  12. mjb3707

mjb3707
    from chicago

heres mine from the factory they made 500 between 1967 and 1969 for trans am racing had it since high school on my 69 z-28[​IMG]

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Complete with Motion valve covers. Nice.

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

anyone know anymore about these intakes? do you have one? any info please. pm me. thanks .drew

15. Deuces

Deuces

Beautiful! :)

1Nimrod likes this.
  16. inlinr6

inlinr6

Here's mine ;Algon F.I. unit,trying to find parts,but right now it's just expensive garage art.

Attached Files:

17. Deuces

Deuces

Someone on this thread was askin' about this intake... Check this out! You can now buy these brand new if your rich! Click on the technical info also for some close-ups.. :)
    http://www.crossram.com Enjoy! :cool:
    I fergot to mention that they also have brand new #140 cam and lifter sets...

1Nimrod likes this.
  18. I just got this last Thursday,Edelbrock B10.I called Edelbrock & they have no info on it,other than a small picture in a catalog.
    I'm building a Blown & Injected SBC to run on a stand,,,,,on Nitro.
    Maybe fire it up on New Years Eve,4th of July or whenever I feel like it.
    Piss off the cops & neighbors & put it away til next time...I guess Im nuts.
    The manifold has some work done to it,but it's in fantastic shape.It bolts right up to the camel hump heads(which I wont be using)with no weird gaps or warpage.The tube in the front is coming out,as I think it was for an oil fill,return, or breather of some sort.
    I got the manifold from fellow HAMBer Casey Hudson at www.crazycaseyscustoms.com ,who was a pleasure to do buisiness with.
    Heres some pictures with the obligitory ghetto mockup,featuring my brand new Mallory Sprint Mag & fresh 6/71 Huffer.
    Anybody got an Injector?

Attached Files:

19. Couple more-------I wont be using the front cover thats pictured.

Attached Files:

20. Deuces

Deuces

21. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

i have one of these edelbrock C-362 intakes with carbs,linkage,aircleners, fuel block,lines etc.etc. it came off a running motor and i have done nothing with it but look at it since i got it . . here is a pic ,if anyone is interested PM me !!

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-07-29

also i know these offy tunnels aren't rare but this is the intake i am running on my current build , gonna have dick york build a 8x2 setup for the top of it :) ....can't wait!!!

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2011-08-01

1Nimrod likes this.
  22. lickitysplit

lickitysplit

I would love to see a photo of a Nicson 2x2. I've seen black and white adds in early Hot Rod magazines. How come nobody produces them for us nostalgia folks?

23. Roy's ride

Roy's ride
    from Michigan

1957 265 with the rare 2x2 Nicson intake and ultra rare Nicson flame arrestors.
    Best of my knowledge the intake was only available in 1956/57. Just too many alternatives by the factory and other aftermarket suppliers for the 2x2 to take off. The carbs run together because of the runner setup verses a plenum intake with progressive carbs.

Attached Files:

1Nimrod, the pinstriper and Deuces like this.
  24. kevin mac

kevin mac
    from toledo,oh

how about the gm engineered dual throttle body intake ... circa ; 1984- 1986...i think. i got one.... camaro,or firebird i think...

1Nimrod likes this.
  25. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Haha...post #52 back on page 3 of this thread......

1Nimrod likes this.
  26. Enderle, I need to blast the intake

[​IMG]

27. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Just a note; If the intake is magnesium, blasting it will cause more corrosion problems in the future than leaving it alone. Acid cleaning is best for magnesium. If acid cleaned after blasting, blasting is ok.

28. I'm pretty sure it's aluminum, that's blue paint over spray from the previous owner painting a car while the intake was laying under the work bench.

29. roll right

roll right

i have a nicson 3x2 with 3 97s and rouge air cleaners on them looking to sell any idea on what thats worth?

30. roll right

roll right

i have a nicson 3x2 with 3 97s on it and rouge air cleaners on it i would like to sell it can any one tell me what it is worth