Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mice deterent???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TABLAY, Dec 3, 2011.

1. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

homedepot sells a black box it takes 4 AA's the mouse walks in gets zapped.and there good for bout 50 kills before you have to change the batterys. and there is a green light that blinks for 5 days to say that you caught something

2. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Mothballs for sure.

3. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Hawks, Owls, and some other large birds I don't recognize, all patrol our property. In spite of that, there is still no shortage of mice wanting to live in my storage building. It's nature that mice can reproduce faster than predictors can eat them. I have found nothing works better than poisoning. The down is that it doesn't kill them immediately, leaving a chance of other animals dying from eating a poisoned that wanders outside.

4. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

i have used mothballs with success i spread aound vehicle and under. recently i had an "old timer" tell me wintergreen inside the vehicle will keep them out!?!

5. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Those boxes are great! Put a little dab of peanut butter in them and position it with the opening by the baseboard of the room so the mice will go right into them.

6. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

I would recommend these ass kickers if you can find them in your hardware store. I use these in most of my accounts and these are really easy to set, you can set the trigger with your foot without fear of getting your thumb broke, Rat disposal is easy also because you just pinch the trigger to release the dead rodent into the trash without having to touch it. They are called "T-Rex" and they also make a smaller version for mice.

Attached Files:

7. Deuces

Deuces

Amen!!! Get yourself a natural born killer.... Like my little guy... ;):D
    He's dropped a few deads ones on my front porch.. :eek::rolleyes:
    Last dead one he brought home was 14 inches long...

Attached Files:

8. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Or a dog.

My dog (staffordshire bull terrier mix) does the same thing.... mouse tail sticking out of his mouth and all:D

9. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Old school snap traps with peanut butter. I had a mouse in my garage last year. Three nights in a row the little bastard got the peanut butter off the trap with out setting it off. The fourth night I forgot to reload the bait and I come out the next morning and I caught the stupid little f%cker with no bait on the trap. LOL :D

10. Funny you say that. I have smart country mice that clean off the peanut butter time after time and don't get caught. I have them set correctly and tried several brands hoping someone else has a better mouse trap. They also seem to enjoy eating the Irish Spring soap as well. :(

11. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Thanks for trying! You will not be able to convince those people who believe in moth balls and dryer sheets. They are the same ones who claim dryer sheets and mothballs keep elephants away :) You don't see any elephants do you?

12. Deuces

Deuces

They eat soap??? :eek:
    I wonder if they burp bubbles.. :rolleyes:

13. they will eat the blue irish spring. ive had good luck with the green irish spring...

14. Shaked some pepper and Cayenne in a bowl or a bit around under the hood. Keeps Cats & Mice out. A Sniff of that will get them scurrying for their lives!

15. xix32

xix32

i put slices of irish spring soap bars on top of dryer sheets all over in my `56 chevy convert last fall,
    this spring i found green tinted mouse shit all over the dryer sheets, and the soap half ate.
    the little bastards seem to thrive on the stuff!

16. MP&C

MP&C

17. grabrr

grabrr

I have a 5 gallon pail, half full of used motor oil. It seems to catch any mice that ever end up in my garage, I don't know why, but from time to time, I've found one floating around in the used oil. So I just leave it in the corner.

18. exterminator

exterminator

Snap traps.I keep them in my garage all the time so when a mouse comes in,he's history.And yes i am a exterminator.

19. glssrn

glssrn
    from SW Iowa

I never have any trouble with mice. Live on twenty acres and there are at least 15 barn cats. I have a cat feeder that I open for about 3 hours in the afternoon. If that isnt enough then they hunt for food. When a mouse steps onto my place it is an automatic death sentence. They have even drug rabbits to the barn. So for me the rodent problem is solved with cats cats and more cats

20. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

8 kitty cats, ask me how I know

21. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

1. Kill first mouse.
    2. Place mouse on small X made from popsicle sticks.
    3. Place in building as a warning to other mice.

22. Deuces

Deuces

I only need one... Plus he has a few lady friends in the neighborhood that come to visit him.. :rolleyes:
    No wonder why he's always tired.. :D

Attached Files:

23. Yup, when all else fails.... get more pussy! ;)

24. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

You need new traps, Use the T-Rex and you will catch them. Even the "Smarter" country rodents unlike the dumb city rats. LOL

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Get a GOOD cat!

Attached Files:

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I sure miss my kitty cat. KatZZilla was the best.

27. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Soap I find works well. They eat it and I have no idea what is does to them but I never see them again. I have a couple of small cakes on the floor in places I now they have been and you can see they eat it.

On the off side of that I get Bluetongue lizards in my works looking for the mice.
    [​IMG]
    They grow to about a foot long and could give a nasty bite but sure clean up the mice.

28. Ob1

Ob1

Best water bucket trap I have seen had an axle across the center of the bucket. On the axle was an empty toilet paper roll covered in peanut butter. Mouse/Rat climbs the ramp, lead there by the alluring scent of PB out in the open air, not trapped in the bucket. Mouse/Rat reaches out from the edge of the bucket to eat the PB, the toilet roll spins and he falls into a nice cool bath!

29. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

i like using moth balls or crystals. nothing likes the smell and all i do is open the container and put it in someplace and close it up.

works great for me.........

30. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Here's what I use to say sayonara to those little varmits in my garage.

Attached Files: