Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mice deterent???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TABLAY, Dec 3, 2011.

1. TABLAY

TABLAY

Time to put the car the car in storage, seen signs of mice in the barn. What do you guys use to keep 'em out of your car?

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

if you don't have animals, peanut butter and decon, eat the peanut butter little mousey!!

3. ironrodder

ironrodder

Moth balls. Place them on something like plastic to protect carpet. I also put some around under the car

4. This may sound crazy but it works. I do this each winter with my boat.

Buy a box of the strongest scented dryer sheets you can find. Lay them all over your carpet, engine, trunk, etc...

Come spring you will have a nice smelling ride with no mice or bugs.

Trust me, it works.

5. It's not crazy.... I've heard this before. Great idea and if you use enough of them you won't need a car cover either.

6. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Please dont be duped by myths of moth balls, dryer sheets, plug in devices and other stupid internet myths. I own a pest control company and if you want to rid your shop from rodents you have to use snap traps with peanut butter. I respond to calls all the time were people swear by dryer sheets and I find that the rats and mice use them for nesting material. Rodent bait works also but you have to be careful with pets and you will risk the rodents will die in a hard to reach area stinking real bad. Good luck.

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Accidentally in our garage, half full ice cream bucket of water, maybe make a stick or two ramp up to it. they try to drink and fall in....

8. terry48435

terry48435

Works for me. Stored my boat outside for years and no mice. I put the moth balls in a couple of bowls.

9. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Two words...snakes

10. Bluzman

Bluzman

There's a product called "Fresh Cab" that absolutely, positively keeps mice out of your vehicle. Looks like an old-time tobacco pouch and smells like your wife's potpouri.
    Mice evidently hate it and stay out of anything with a bag of this stuff in it.
    Comes in a box of 4 individually sealed pouches that you can find at most diesel truck stop/dealers and farm implement dealers.
    Smells good and works without fail - no more little mouse goodies on your dash.

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

got mice???

don't bother me!

call a exterminator

with regards

cat

Attached Files:

abe lugo likes this.
  12. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

First thing to do is try to keep them out of the barn in the first place.

13. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Another "Snake oil" scam that does not work. I have also found these bags all chewed to hell. I would also warn people not to be duped by moth balls for they are highly toxic and will kill your pets. They also stink far worse than a dead mouse in my opinion.

14. roughneck424

roughneck424

15. big bad john

big bad john

....Traps with peanut butter and Decon in the garage...never put food or bait in your car when in storage......

16. Like he says. I've tried the dryer sheet thing ,etc and they just push them aside.
    snap traps, peanut butter, even had good luck with sticky sheets.

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm getting a hawk in the spring. No rodents here!

18. i cant rent you my mother inlaw during winters.

19. CruZer

CruZer

Yup, mothballs work well for most rodents.

20. Cerberus

Cerberus

What's with women and mice? Guy at work got tired of the women yelling "MOUSE" :eek:at work. So he brought in this cage you put bait in. When the mouse enters the cage ZAP. The mouse is electricuted. Next we heard the women yelling "EEEK, there's a dead mouse in the cage!":DEventually after many EEEEKS, there was no mouse problem.:cool:

21. Bluzman

Bluzman

To the contrary sir. Been using them in all of my vehicles (totaling 10) and truck cabs (totaling 4) and tractors (totaling 3) for better than 15 years. Haven't found even one little mouse turd in a cab since I've been using them. Before that those little bastards made mouse hotels out of everything I owned.
    If you use them in a closed space they are quite effective. The only time I've ever found any chew holes is if I let them get stale. Kept fresh they work better than anything I've ever used including cats.

22. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

We use a five gallon bucket with a jar of peanut butter in the center of it fill water just below the rim of the peanut butter jar and have a lil ramp going to the bucket and they fall in and can't get out

23. von zipper

von zipper

That's my next trap!

24. Willy301

Willy301

lmfao!!!!:d

25. okay i must be a nutbag, but irish spring soap, make sure its the green kind, shave it into thin slices, put it in a few small bowls and place them in and around the vehicle. worked for me everytime.

26. Willy301

Willy301

In reality, you need to build one of those super elaborate traps like Tom used to make to take out Jerry... The mice are not as smart as they make them out to be...

27. greaser

greaser

I like those little traps (Ortho home defense)....buy at the big box building store.
    Put a couple in the corners of the garage with peanut butter in 'em and plan to unload a mouse a week until the rodent population is deminished. These suckers work better than a cat!

28. they say "the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

The good thing about the Bucket traps is the keep working. I've dumped as many as 19 mice out of one bucket. my barn used to get really crowded with mice this time of the year. Last year I set out 7-8 buckets and just caught one or two a week. this year I have added a stereo and large speakers and haven't seen or caught one mouse. I'm on 23 acres and have no close neighbors. and maybe the mice are just to busy dancing to eat peanut butter.

29. Or maybe they are busy dancing :peanut butter jelly time