Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brian Setzer- Austin Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vivamcfly, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

+1

The only guy that even comes close to Brian is Jim Heath; both f'n amazing gtr players, but I'm a little biased, LOL...

2. sololobo

sololobo

He puts on great shows, I have been fortunate enough to see The Stray Cats and four Big Band shows, one was at a small venue in Omaha and I met him and talked hot rods for a while. A real natural dude that loves to rock and roll and drive hot rods. ~sololobo~

3. autobilly

autobilly

Not to mention a very genuine, unaffected and friendly guy!
    BTW, he (Setzer) and his Rockabilly Riot show are playing Bluesfest in Byron Bay next year.

4. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Woo Hoo! Bought my tickets yesterday! I've seen him with the Stray Cats, with the orchestra and on his 68 Comeback Special tour. It's been a while, so it will be great to see him live again!:cool:

5. jozw30

jozw30
    from Arizona

OMG Ramblur!!!!!!!!! I was at that show at Kent State!!!

It was a costume ball in the memorial gym!!!!!!!!! Cool doo-wop quartet opened up for the Stray Cats that night if I remember correctly.

Wow, did that poster bring back memories.............

Thanks for posting that.

Wow. WMMS.........

Were you there?

6. Ramblur

Ramblur

^ Sure nuff. Not a poster though,its a postcard sized cloth sticker. My date grabbed it somewhere there. She had a shiny black 48 Buick and I loved them both. Back then my 57 Chevy delivery wagon was still my daily. Partied all night...

7. Barn-core

Barn-core

My girlfriend got tickets for us to see him on new years eve last year. At the last minute he got sick and cancelled the show, so the venue replaced him with Chaka Kahn? I was very dissapointed to say the least. He's still at the top of a short list of performers I would care to see live.

8. Muttley

Muttley

They couldnt have picked a more suitable replacement. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I have seen Setzer twice with his 68 Comeback Special! Once in Phoenix and once in Tucson. Each time he did a blistering rendition of Johnny Kidd & The Pirates' "Please Don't Touch"! He started the Phoenix show by coming out dancing to Elvis Presley's "Burnin' Love" cranked through the P.A. & then went right into the above-mentioned tune. Absolutely killer! He is pretty much a total Bad-Ass! Plus he has a bitchen' Deuce Coupe!

10. chuckbob

chuckbob

I saw his BSO Christmas show a couple of years ago in Delaware and another time in Washington DC at the 9:30 club. My entire family has seen him and we all agree that he is fantastic in concert. I also saw him back in the 80's in Baltimore when he was part of the Stray Cats. You will not be disapointed. :D

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

The wife and I got tickets while we are in town for the revolution

12. Woo Hooo never seen him, but sure played the snot out of those tapes in the early 80's cruising my buddies dad's 39 Chevy at the Michigan State Fairgrounds ( 14 no liscense at that ) Just bought em tonight, shows tomorow!!! Slim Jim is doing a set with him too! Full report tomorrow!!

13. 4406

from Oklahoma

Seen him about 6 times. When we lived in L.A. Awesome.

14. VINNIE JAMES

VINNIE JAMES

i was working at the HOUSE OF BLUES, atlantic city, nj, a few years ago. it was awesome. one of the best shows ive ever seen. the grinch came out, it snowed, and SANTA ended the show with brian. for the record. im a grinch and loved the show.lol

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

FWIW, our band, the Hot Rod Hucksters are opening up for him this Friday in Chicago! :D

Holy Crap! :D :D

16. Went last night here in Detroit. Very cool at one point there are 3 bass on stage. Slim Jim is still slim!! Great show, just wish it was longer, only played for 1:34

17. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going tomorrow night in Altoona. Missed him a few times before, I can't wait. He was on my must see list for a while

18. Well, he's no Stevie Ray Vaughn on guitar, but he's the best damn Rockabilly rebel I ever saw! I've seen a bunch of DVDs of his big band shows from all over the globe and it's so impressive how much the foreign fans are into it!!!:D

19. Muttley

Muttley

Like these guys? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. Yep, just like those guys, but about 10,000 more of them, all screaming as if it was Elvis back in the day! I'll try to find the title of the DVD a buddy of mine has - I think it may have been Tokyo?

21. Aint there a social group for music? This is the Main board.

22. Saw him 2x with the Stray Cats, and 3x with his big band. There is an album, called "Music for Mother Ocean" or something like that, he and Brian Wilson (the main main of the Beach Boys) teamed up on "MOM3" and did the best version of "Little Duece Coupe" I have ever heard, and being a Beach Boys fan since '64, I have heard a few. if their version doesn't get you movin' and dancin', you might be clinically deceased...

23. I got my tickets this morning.

24. I remember as a senior in H.S. 1985 driving home on the meadowbrook or southern state pkwy and seeing Brian Setzer in a badass 50's led sled fuzzy dice and all with the cigarettes in his sleeve and shades on cruisin next to us.
    The guy really lives the life and can shred with the best of em!

25. Mad Mouse

Mad Mouse

Anybody know if tickets still available?

26. bigs merc

bigs merc

going to his show next sunday as an early xmas prsent. im so amped

27. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

We saw him last night at the House of Blues in Chicago. HAMBers Django, Hellfish, and the rest of the Hot Rod Hucksters performed one hell of a show to get us started off. You should have seen the beer cans and hands in the air when Chad asked if there were any hot rodders in the crowd! Wow.

During the Setzer show the two bass players had a dualing bass solo that was awesome. Brian disappeared in back and came out with a third bass and joined in. The crowd went so freaking nuts, I thought the House of Blues was going to collapse! To say the least, its a show definitely worth going to. Slim Jim was also there last night so we got to see 66% of the original Stray Cats!

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

That quartets name was "14 Karat Soul" and sang with them on "I won't stand in your way anymore"

29. 33Tudor

33Tudor

I agree. That version of Little Deuce Coupe IS the best I've ever heard!:cool:

30. Man, You lucky so and so!!! That would have been a show to see!!! ...and the venue too!!! WoW!:D