Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody Building Inlinners 4-6-8cyls high or low tech ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, Dec 1, 2011.

1. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Fellas I have been year'n' for an inliner of some sort....Love the old sixes (raced them) but I have a sense that these new ECO-Jobbies with all that impressive hoss-power should be explored....Availbility and cost is always a factor....

WOULD YOU SHARE PICS OF YOUR CAR, YOUR PROJECT, OR EVEN IDEAS....THERE IS GUY FROM EVANSVILLE INdiana (HAS RELOCATED FROM ARIZONA) WITH A 292 -6 BORED etc WITH A LOTTA HEAD WORK,EDELBROCK 4BBL,HEADERS AND UNREAL TORQUE/HP FIQURES/700r4 all in a super surface rusted 37 Chevy cpe....wish I had retrieved his contact info...OH Well, maybe next year....
    I'm ashamed to say that I had one of the specially prepare OLDS Quad fours and let it get away...Also had one of the experimental 4.3's it got away too.....

I hope I get an affordable second, 'er third, chance for another mini flyer ....THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR STUFF !!! Cj. ( oldfardyfode )

2. custom53

custom53

my next project is a 31 model a truck with a supercharged ford 2.3. the supercharger is from a 3.8 v6. i just thought to would run really well and get good mpg.

3. You probably know about him, but you might wanna look up Leo Santucci. His latest 292 Chevy build (drag spec) put out around 1000HP off the trailer. I believe he's somewhere close to 1300 now. Also, check inliners.org. A couple of guys doing the newer Chevy sixes too.

As far as a future build, I'm running a stock-internal 292 right now. I have a lump-port head for it that needs new valve seals and a little bit of a mill job. I am sorely tempted to find a turbo for it, although I dearly love the way it sounds with twicepipes and Porters.

4. csimonds

csimonds

I have a 50 Buick with the straight 8 263. I plan on a duel or trip intake with a duel exhaust over the winter, we shall see how that goes...... I hope I can scratch up enough funds to make it happen.
    Chuck

5. RADustin

RADustin
    from Louisiana

not HAMB material but 2006 4.2L in a '56 chevy truck. Will receive an 88mm hairdryer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. dirtybirdy

dirtybirdy

mines definelty not hamb material either, but i love my inline 4's ....

[​IMG]

7. DUDE!! Are you posting on inliners.org with this build or any other board? Sweet setup so far.

8. 46MoparMan

46MoparMan

Not hamb friendly but i swapped the 230 Lhead in my 46 dodge to a RB26DETT in it with a 5 speed.

Attached Files:

9. "Rodding was one birthed of brotherhood, creativity, beauty, necessity, drive, and ingenuity upon the baked salt of Bonneville and compressed dust of Muroc and El Mirage.
    ...Not by grayhairs with trailered glass kit cars with "no touch" stickers on em."

Fuckin' loving this thread. Creativity abounds, as indicated in your signature.

10. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't have any pics right now, but have a friend in town that has the 32 Chev coupe that Pat Ganahl built years ago. Lots of press back then. 6cyl and 4 speed. About as nostalgic as it gets.

11. RADustin

RADustin
    from Louisiana

its on the 67-72 board. When we get heavy in the engine I was going to put it up on inliners.org.

should be a cool setup. I want 100hp/hole. I hoping I can do it with this pre '07 engine. After '07 they little oil squirters in the bottom of the cylinders, which help to not melt pistons.

12. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Hey, Man I'm in love with all these inlinners, Keep 'em comin please !!!! Cj.

13. Normbc9

Normbc9

What type of inliner and then how much do you want to spend. There is one Southern California shop who consistently builds up some very powerful and fast inline engines. How a bout a Chevy 292 bore to 301 that engine dynos at over 2HP per cubic inch? I have a 261 Chevy bored out .020 over with a twelve port head and Weber carburetors with an HEI and full Roller cam and valve train that turns in the 10's, on a 1320 track. Now the 4200 Vortec's are getting some experimentation and I look for bigger numbers that this to show up soon.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

14. THAT's one I haven't seen before...BRAVO!

15. Where's Rick Finch or the Frenchtown Flyer?

16. 46MoparMan

46MoparMan

Thank you man, I know it's a little crazy but so am I ;)

17. Here's a 2.3 Turbo Ford in my just-finished modified...Kinda peppy..

Attached Files:

18. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

What brand is a RB26DETT:confused::confused::confused:?year type car? Just curious as I own 47 D24.

19. Terraizer

Terraizer

RB26DETT is a Nissan engine for the Skyline.

20. swimeasy

swimeasy

I am keeping the 300 in my 66 ford P.U. I have a Offie 4 bbl intake for it and plan to put a 4x2 addaptor with 2 94's. Late fuel injected ford cast exaust will help her out also! Hope to get it to about 250 HP.

21. Been around forever, and still bad to the bone...

22. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

I have the 153ci bug. Shares parts with the 230/250 crowd. Was used in Europe in the Opel with a Weber 48 IDA. Merc used the same block and used an alum valve and lifter covers. Was also used in some forklifts.

23. LowFat48

LowFat48

24. B Blue

B Blue

Definitely H.A.M.B. unfriendly. Ranger Duratec with Ranger M5 tranny in an Alpine. I guess it is high tech.
    [​IMG]

Bill

25. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Here's my Jimmy in my P-38 Tanker....

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      62.5 KB
      Views:
    • 1aaa.JPG
      1aaa.JPG
      File size:
      93.5 KB
      Views:
  26. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

I can enjoy a good inliner.

[​IMG]

Mike

27. CA. 280

CA. 280

Take a look at some of the Volvo Forums. Those folks are doing things with inline 6's that will melt your brain. Think 400BHP. Or the old BMW "M" engines 400+ from 3500cc's from the factory. Had a friend who put one in a 55 Chevy P.U. told the lookers it was a chevy tractor engine. Usual reply was "I knew that".

28. Pardon my asking,

[​IMG]

but DO YOU HAVE LEGS???:eek:

29. Kinky6

Kinky6

Cool stuff guys, and quite a response to this thread too!

To the moderators: if this gets too high tech or O/T, could this get moved over to the Inliners Social Group instead of shutting it down? Thanks!

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

30. gtowagon

gtowagon

I am building a 69 pontiac ohc 6 tht is going in my 31 pontiac 5 window coupe it is a 250 .030 over custom ground crane cam 3 40 mm webber side draft carbs on a clifford performance intake with a set of long tube clifford headers it will be backed up by a muncie m20 4 speed