Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Club Plaque Photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Well I think you should get some plaques:rolleyes:

2. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

ours

Attached Files:

3. great collection

4. rancidboys

rancidboys
    from carson

Better late then never

Attached Files:

5. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Did you know they also made special plaques for their members who have been in the club for 10 years? .....

[​IMG]

15 Years .....

[​IMG]

20 Years .....

[​IMG]

25 Years .....

[​IMG]

And 40 Years .....

[​IMG]

They probably had them for 30 and 35 Years too but I'm still looking for them to add to our site.

7. We might have a bad reputation...........but we know we're good folks.

8. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Made by achinback in Victoria BC.
    [​IMG]

9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Gord is a good source for Canadian clubs .....

[​IMG]

10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Thanks to paladin138 for this picture of his Cam Winders plaque .....

[​IMG]

11. our club plaque

Attached Files:

• 1375.jpg
      1375.jpg
      File size:
      478.4 KB
      Views:
  12. sololobo

sololobo

Here is our plaque just delivered from the casting genious of O'Brien Truckers. It was designed by club art director Dick Warsocki renowned tattoo and multimedium artist in our group. We are stoked! These were delivered in a matter of a couple of weeks after getting art work to Sue and Dennis, communications were fab and we were stunned when they announced completion at such a rapid pace. We feel the quality is unequaled. I suggest anyone considering plaques to look no further than the H.A.M.B.'s own O'Brien Truckers. Thanx to Sue, Dennis and the crew at this upstanding business. For the S.O.T.'s ~sololobo~

Attached Files:

13. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Ive sent a couple your way for display... It would be cool if on your site we could link comments to the different plates. Bet there are still lots of guys that could shed lot of history on some of these that will otherise be lost. It seems like even some old friendships could be renewed. I know, :rolleyes: Just thinking out loud and would love to know some of the history on the ones I own.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  14. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

In researching car club names, I stumbled across this web site that has photos of car club plaques from EVERYWHERE in the US. Just scroll down to your town and click. Little did I know that my town once had car clubs named "The Knucklebusters" and "The Spirits."

http://www.relicsandrods.com/carclubplaques.htm

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  15. Guess you didn't realize that the guy that runs that web site started this thread 770 posts ago:)

You next discovery might be that a guy that makes car club plaques for a living has a search engine that gives you pictures of the 12,100+ patterns he has for all of the plaques made by Speed Gems and Chicago Metal Craft. Here it is: http://www.obrientruckers.com/plaques_search.php

Between Bill's 5500 pictures and these 12,100 you should be busy for a while.

Happy hunting,

Dennis

16. Question: What town and state did you find that had both a Knucklebusters and a Saints plaque on Bill's site? Was it Phoenix?

17. jeffs_sledz

jeffs_sledz

Here is my club plaque[​IMG]

18. jeffs_sledz

jeffs_sledz

And a couple of other plaques...[​IMG]

19. jeffs_sledz

jeffs_sledz

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Check his info .....

Attached Files:

21. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

I kinda suspected that! Thanks for the verification.

Also, the two car clubs in my town were the "Knucklebusters" and the "Spirits" - not the "Saints" as I mistakenly posted (and now have edited).

Hey, anyone have any info on "The Boogeymen" of southern Oregon? Never heard of that club but they're in my neighborhood and I love the name!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  22. I get calls all the time from guys who consider "their town" as the town they grew up in and since you didn't have a Knucklebusters and Saints on the Grants Pass page (but did on your Phoenix page) I thought I'd ask.

Dennis

23. Here's what I have for Grants Pass from the old patterns:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 484pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=645><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 32pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1536" width=42><COL style="WIDTH: 221pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 10788" width=295><COL style="WIDTH: 110pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5376" width=147><COL style="WIDTH: 97pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4717" width=129><COL style="WIDTH: 24pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1170" width=32><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 32pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20 width=42 align=right>20305</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 221pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=295>Cam Kings</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 110pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=147>Grants Pass</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 97pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=129> </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 24pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 width=32>OR</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65 height=20 align=right>11232</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>Rogue Rebels</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>Grants Pass</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>Oregon</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>OR</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl66 height=20 align=right>3522</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>Spirits</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>Grants Pass</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>Ore </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl65>OR</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pictures available here: http://www.obrientruckers.com/plaqu...y=grants+pass&state_code=&logo=&button=Search

And other than making one repop of the Spirits from these I have not made any new plaques that say Grants Pass on them.

And out of my 15,000 patterns I don't have any with Boogy or Boogymen on them. And I don't think Bill does either. Maybe it was made in a local school's shop class - car club plaques were a popular project back in the day.

Happy hunting,

Dennis

24. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Southern Oregon page .....

[​IMG]

25. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'm a former member of Pick Ups Limited back in 1969 or so, still have my drag plate but it's not a 10 year member or more plate!
    Thanks Bill for this thread.

26. Jay71

Jay71

My pops ran with Pickups Ltd. too. Mid 70's for a few years. Didnt realize they were still around till I saw a beautiful 56 big back window a couple years ago with a Pickups Ltd. plaque in the window.

27. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Where did the pictures go? Not even a RED X where they had been.

28. BadLuck

BadLuck

fresh out the oven!

[​IMG]

29. Actually we used a crucible:)