Register now to get rid of these ads!

Opinions on 41 Fords - Coupes and Sedans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by travj31, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Having unique lines, what does everyone think of them? How do they look best... sleds, gassers, 50's Hot Rods, etc... What is the availability of parts?

2. I have had a sedan and currently own a convertible. The convertible is more of a taildragger, the sedan had a slight rake in the front with big-n-littles. I LOVE 41's!

3. 416Ford

416Ford

Parts are not reproduced like 46-48's and Chris keeps buying up all the cars. Your on the east coast so finding parts will be easier then living anywhere need WA. :)

Look out, I see he is getting cars in Louisiana now.

4. 41's have the best lines in my opinion. Sedans and coupes make great customs and sleds.

5. khead47

khead47

I,ve got one from the firewall back!

6. Most people seem to make sleds or customs out of them. I kept mine all HOT ROD.
    [​IMG]

7. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I like them. They have one of Fords nicest dashes ever. The instuments are still available NOS. I think because RHD 46-48s used the 41 dash so instruments were made for longer or they built up a stock of them. Dash plastic is reproduced and I think Drake does grills.
    They look nice as traditional hot rods.

8. My old sedan-

[​IMG]

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I do like them too. I would grab a clean tudor sedan in a heart beat and do the hot rod thing... see hotroddon's post above for clarefication!

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

41s rule. You need to get to know the frame and suspension dimensions. Some stuff is odd but I don't remember the details. A 41 coupe (buisness coupe) makes an absolutely bitchin kustom. Low n slow, a perfect chop and cruiser skirts, it doesn't get too much better than that. Tudors make good big n little hot rods. They lend themselves very well to the Fat Ford sedan profile. Many of the styling trends that get exercised on 46-48s work as well or better on a 41. I like what hotroddon did with the painted side grilles. Nice stance too, and would be super kool on a Tudor as well.

11. everything you need to know about them is in the pic hotroddon posted except maybe for the painted lower grilles i like em not as much as i do the 39-40's but i like em

12. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

That's a nice ride, I think it is the first time I see one that I actually liked! Anyone has more pics of cool 41's

13. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

14. Labold

Labold

Chris's old sedan has the right look to it. Reminds me of an old shoe. It looks, and feels right.

15. There is a '41 Coupe for sale in a small town in N Missouri. An old hot rod, I think that a genuine down in the snout hot rod is the only way to go with one.

16. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

41's are great cars,.... and they don't look anything like other years. I'm a '40 person, but if a good deal happened along on a 41 coupe or 2-dr, I'd be interested !!

4TTRUK

17. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Highlander, I believe the '41 wishbone is unique to thatyear only, but not sure about the rest of the front suspension.

4TTRUK

18. Rikster

Rikster

I have always loved the shapes of the 1941 Fords, no matter which body style.
    Personally I think they look best as a custom. Nice chop, with a teardrop flow of the rear of the roof into the trunk. And a slightly lower in the back stance.
    There are so many good samples of 1941 Fords done as customs from back in the day by the great Custom builders, or built today.
    They can look good as Hot Rods as well, but they just look better as Custom, thats for sure!

19. phat rat

phat rat

Mine a custom rod

Attached Files:

20. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I like em both. They're just different. They remind me of 58 Fords, not people like them, but to me atleast, they're just a cool car.

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

X2 for sure !! If I could have found a 41 front clip it would be on my 47 right now!

22. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Here's mine, I've had it 14 years. It has red steelies and blackwall big and little tires on it now. I like the 41 business coupe. The sedan coupe looks out of proportion to me, the roofline is the culprit. Like all fords of that era, some styles I like and others don't meet my eye.
    Any 41 ford is worth having, that's for sure.

Attached Files:

23. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

After the 39 and 40 Fords WTF. what were thay thinking

24. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Mine in action. Drives like a dream and runs like a bear!
    [​IMG]

25. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Bigger - fatter like Chevy and Plymouth. It's what the public wanted.

26. thanks for all the pics and opinions... keep'em coming, i know there is more out there.

27. You can't beat a 41' Ford with a chopped top. Coupe or convertible. I've had my convertible since 62', a real 50's custom. Great lines. I have one photo in my profile picture album. Will try to post more.

28. Rikster

Rikster

Well since most of the 41 Fords shown here where Hot Rod like... its now time to show their real beauty...

as Custom Car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Nice - But I still like em as HOT RODS Better!!!!! :D

30. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I like them because you see a ton of '40's, '47's and '48's, very few '41's. I like unique.