Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I'll be at IRP this weekend helping a buddy with his 7 second OT drag radial turbo car.

2. I might be out and about Saturday afternoon or on Sunday, wave if you see me.

Anyone kicked around the idea of doing Toys for Tots?

3. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I heard they had a car parade added. Waiting for the thoughts of others.

4. Drove around Chicago for like 2 hours lol. Met a guy driving a '59 Ford 2 door, named Rich. Told him about the HAMB.

5. I'm training my friends pretty good on customs, one snapped a pic of this car a few weeks ago, anyone?

[​IMG]

6. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

thats Z's car. 52 dodge.

7. Yeah my friend saw him on the highway, maybe on I90. She said it was cool and loud. :)

8. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

yeah cool car and with open lakes its pretty loud.

9. Anyone wanna meet up at Superdawg one night next week?

10. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Yea he's on the NW side too. I think he hangs or is in Bare Bones CC

11. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I'd like too but I think I'm giving it a rest for a while, but I will call Steve about my carb.

12. oneshotkustoms

oneshotkustoms
    from joliet il

Yeah that's z he hangs with us but is not a bare bone !

13. None of you guys have spotted me yet lately? I've been driving all over the place.

14. Hey Blades, ever fix your car? My buddy Steve @ Fairlane in Niles thinks you might have called one time. Do you need to rebuild your carburetor or something? My carb was junk so I bought a new one, 600 cfm Edelbrock, was $290 or so manual choke.

I saw what sounds like Hotrodjosh's old 57 or 58 Ford moredoor, this car, on Division East of Ashland a couple of weekends ago...

I also told a '62 Galaxie 2 door coupe guy about the HAMB, maybe he'll register and say hi.

[​IMG]

15. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Hey John, I did call him, but no one answered. I have to buy a new carb because someone stole that Holley 350cfm out of my car, I'm just going back to the 1bbl that should be on that motor, I'm not racing anyways. United has it. I already got the carb spacer for it. Just have to buy the carb. Which reminds me... I need to make a new thread. :D

Attached Files:

16. That's weird... His number there is (847) 692-6670. He's not in it for the $ when it comes to old cars, so don't be afraid to holler if your car still runs weird.

I hope we can organize one last Superdawg or something GTG, before it snows.

17. I saw a nice '62 or '63 Fairlane on Fullerton on Sunday, anyone you know?

Anyone interested in meeting up one more time before snow falls? I know the Jeep guys crash Toys for Tots, that's coming up.

18. Bumpity.

Blades, Norby48 and I were talking on the phone yesterday, and he's got a mechanic buddy at Devon and Damen who he said is pretty good, if you are still futzing with your carb/ drive-ability issue.

On another note... Ugh. Looking at the 10-day forecast, we could have snow a few times between Sunday and Thursday... So I'll have to drive the Merc on Saturday for sure cuz as soon as they salt, I'm done.

19. Yah, Chevy Shop Roger is still doing carbs out of his garage at home, too. He's right near Milwaukee and Addison. He's done several for me. Very fair prices. PM me for his number.

20. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Dudes, that sounds good to me, I'll PM for that number. Thanks

21. Hi guys, I just moved to the Chicago area. I just got the cars unloaded from Texas at an undisclosed location : ) It is a homecoming for the Cockroach Roadster!
    I know it is late in the year, so it might be spring time before we can meet up, I am looking forward to it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

This looks really kool, the rear window seems a bit high but to hell w/ it. More pics?

23. von zipper

von zipper

24. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Yea that would be good. I think most cars are put away for the winter. But folks still meet up. I also get together with some dudes from Los Boulevardos. Been wanting to get both groups together. Make plans for Iron Invasion in Woodstock in the spring and also for Torquefest. Keep looking on here for when dudes hang out. Where in the city are you? Most of us are N or NW

www.vintagetorquefest.com

VIDEO of Torque Fest:

www.ironinvasion.com

25. Chopt, welcome to the area. I'd love to see that Mercury custom, I've read about it over the years.

I'll probably drive mine this weekend and will keep driving until they salt the roads. But I'll be in the garage putting my wing windows together probably on Saturday.

26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

27. I read that, congrats!!!

I'll be in Newark on the 16th. :(

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

Welome Chopt! Approximately where are you - north, south west, near, far?

You guys need to get heaters for your cars! It's not even really cold yet and you have them put away for winter!