Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fat141, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

You can get the Duvall windshield in the 32 Ford Phantom kit.
    Gene

2. Better late than never. And it's still Sunday here for a couple more hours.
    Finally posting something that I finished. Nowhere near the quality of a lot of todays models but at least I completed it. Maybe this will start a new way of doing things for me. Like actually finishing something before I start 10 other projects ...LOL.
    Here's my 41 Plymouth that I finally completed after starting over 3 times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hank Turd

Hank Turd

I love the dioramas. Reminds me of going to the Chicago History museum as a kid, they had dioramas of native american, Mayan, etc tribes, I could star at stuff like that for hours. Model train layouts are the same...

4. Rikster

Rikster

Replicas & Miniatures Company of MD makes a nice DuVall windshield for the Revell 1932 Ford Roadster. They are available as a seperate unit, or with a modified body to which the windshield snaps on to. This resin DuVall windshield is accurate in shape. The one that comes in the AMT Phaeton kit is much more pointy, nice, but not a very good representation of a DuVall windshield.

RMCM can be reached at [email protected]

[​IMG]

5. fat141

fat141

6. Does anyone have anymore pics of the chopped 48 ford with the 41 nose?
    thx
    Matt

7. Rikster

Rikster

Lyle Willits... he does fantastic work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. I don't have any more pics at the moment, but it will include the three '41 grille sections, the body, hood and the two separate inner fender panels. It will be cast by Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Maryland. It still needs smoothing and final prep before it goes to Reps & Mins. It will be a "drop -on" transkit for the Revell '48 Ford custom kit.

9. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Lyle, do you have a projected cost for the "kit" or pieces?
    Or is it too prementure to speculate?

10. Mojo

Mojo

May I ask, what color name and paint manufacturer is that from? I want to paint a model with that kind of bright intense blue!

11. Jeff, when that model A comes off the hoist can we have some more pictures of it please ? Looks tuff as .
    Rod[/QUOTE]

Sure, i'll bang some off to your email when i get a chance. Just looked in my photobucket and cant find any. :eek:

12. fat141

fat141

Thanks a lot.
    Rod

13. That would be entirely up to Norman Veber, owner and operator of Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Md.

14. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Damn ! Steve ! You've killed it !!!:eek:

Your Merc is so fuckin unreal !!!... hum, wait... i mean she looks fuckin real !!! :D

15. rooman

rooman

Actually to be mechanically correct it should have a belt or cam driven mechanical fuel pump (Enderle or Hilborn style). Injection needs quite a bit more pressure and volume that what can be supplied by the factory style pump. (just trying to help--the custom fabrication is killer)

Roo

16. Thanks Lyle. It looks like a great transkit. Do you have any plans for a short door chop top body that could be used as a transkit for the Revell 48 custom? Or what about a 41 tudor? My dad has a 41 tudor and I have a 46 business coupe.
    Thx
    Matt

17. Alyn

Alyn

Thanks Roo, for keeping me honest. When I first posted this engine on a model car forum, I pointed out the same thing. I learned a bit out mechanical injection hanging out at my uncles shop in Salt Lake City the 60's, I watched him work on his super modified with Hilborn injection. It served him well with 8 season championships.

If the engine was going to end up in a competition chassis, I would have left off the fan belt, pulleys, generator, etc and added a front mounted mechanical pump and tube headers. But this one will be dropped into a stock bodied 62 Catalina mild custom. The lower half of the engine will hardly be seen. Same goes for the fuel line below the filter. Call it a bit of artistic license.

I appreciate the comment, though. While most model builders are car guys without the budget for a 1:1 size build, there's some building car models that don't have the mechanical background. Any discussion on the nuts and bolts of how things work will benefit many in the hobby.

Big shout out to steveb and the Merc. I love the inner window frames. That's a very rare detail in the scale world.

Nice work from Bernard as well. His cars are always the ones that you would want to have sitting in your driveway. The 40 coupe is just the ticket.

... and Lyle is the king of the hill. With Norm punching out all these cool parts with Lyle style, you have to wonder how many thousands of models out there have a bit of Lyle's craftsmanship and creativity attached.

Another shout out is due to The Hamb for providing us modelers with a place to come out of the basement and show our stuff. The last several weeks, if not months have had some fantastic work on display.

18. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Really nice posts Guys!

19. Modeljunkie

Modeljunkie

Anyone ever do a 40 plymouth nose for the 41 amt kit...I found a 41 4 door sedan body so I could someday tweek that to do a 40 pymouth touring sedan...it'd be nice to have a lil one too for the real one.

20. Energy

Energy

21. I'm starting off early since I won't have time in the morning to post pics etc. A friend of mine, now in his 70's built all these kits. He called me yesterday and asked If I wanted them. He just wanted them out of his house. I told him I would try to sell them for him, if there's any interest in them. (I'm keeping the Triumph bike for myself) Is there any market for them? If not, I'm sure I can find some guys who would give them a good home. I am trying scale back myself or I would hang on to them. If they were old Ford hot rods I'd keep them all!!! What do you all think? Tim 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG

22. philo426

philo426

I am interested in the red '59 Dodge.What would you take for it?PM if you wish.

23. I see that the other sunday model thread is up. BTTT so they can see these post's. Tim