Register now to get rid of these ads!

searching for a movie that had a '55 Chevy in it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ken Carvalho, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

A "little" off topic BUT, car related...mods go ahead and delete if need be!?!?!? I searched first but came up empty.

I remember in the early '80's ('81/'82/'83??) a movie I saw on TV, that had a red 2 door '55 Chevy in it, that had no door or rear quater trim on it, didn't have the chrome on the front fender either, just the body feature line stamped into the fender, don't remember if it was a hardtop or post car, it was ---maybe--- a "street freak" STYLED car, seem to recall it had "Ansen" STYLE slots on it. Was set in the So Cal beach/crusing scene, and can't remember much more.
    I lived in San Diego and was in my early teens and I THINK I remember it being on KTLA, I think channel 13???? The reason I think that is because it was before we had cable and I remember the station was from LA, and had those squigly lines rolling from the bottom of the screen to the top, and I would hit the top of the TV to get them to stop.
    Does that description ring a bell at all with anyone??? I do "somewhat" remember a blonde haired "surfer type" guy was the driver. But thats about it?!?!? Didn't catch the begining of it and didn't see it to the end as the reception (we had rabbit ears, guys....remember those) faded away..... Would just like to check it out again, hell it could have been in the middle of another popular car movie, but just don't remember anything that matched up to what "I remember"!!!!!
    Thanks, Ken

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

I saw a red chuvy van in a movie called pussy talk right about that time. Yeah and her pussy could

3. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

4. Igosplut

Igosplut

Didn't Roadhouse 66 have a race at the end with a red 55 Chevy?

5. gasser john

gasser john

try "hot rods to hell" , i remember a 57 vette and a bunch of other cars, was the 55 the feature car or a drive by

6. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I checked it out but it wasn't the Roadhouse movie, don't know if the '55 was a feature car or not, only saw a few minutes of it and then the screen got all fuzzy and grainy again, and I am also positive it was red. I was young and impressioniable and remember learning all the different features and trim, etc. on old cars as thats all I was interested in and at THAT moment in time and it was the first time I saw a '55 that had no rear qtr. trim on a 2 door. Thats what I remember vividly in my mind all these years. While I really like them, I am no TRI-5 expert so maybe it was a 150 sedan or something that didn't have trim from the factory, but, This just happened to be the first time I thought to myself to post and ask about it here?!?!?

7. 71Dart440

71Dart440
    from Wichita KS

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  8. Da Injun

Da Injun

The only part I remember was Robert Carradine going in circles in his 55 talking to some chick.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  9. 71Dart440

71Dart440
    from Wichita KS

10. Da Injun

Da Injun

Yeah, that scene. I need to re-watch this movie.

11. Deuces

Deuces

The gal looks hot!!!!!!! :):D:)

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Too skinny. She looks like a well dressed crack whore.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Will someone take the lady with the skinny legs?"

"I don't want no lady with no skinny legs."