Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features '32 Winterfront grille $9,400+++?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RoadFarmer, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

For all of the guys saying that it's to much money for "that" particular grille, find me another one that's for sale, right now, for less.

Would I pay ten grand for a grille? No. . . but if I wanted a Pines Winter Front that fit a '32 grille shell I'd expect to pay $9, or $10k. That's the going rate.

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always find it amusing when a WINTER accessory is installed on a roadster... :rolleyes:

3. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

I bought a whole 32 5w in 99 for the same money.I like Scootermcrads comment.

4. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

No kidding.

5. I know, it's crazy money, isn't it? But it's the free market, man. It's an organic process. If someone is willing to pay that price then that is the market value. It has nothing to do with greed. I couldn't begin to afford it either but it's what keeps an economy healthy and money flowing. Where bad economic stuff happens is when we artificially interfere with the natural process...price controls, "too big to fail", etc.

I hope he gets...whatever someone is willing to pay.

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I had one ( not the one in the above photo ... mine was nicer ) ... did not like it so I sold it ( big bucks at the time )

I got it in a " package deal " and sold the Winterfront for as more than I paid for the complete package.

I also tickles me to see a 25 vent and a Winterfront on the same vehicle :D :D

I have no problem with someone selling and someone else buying @ top dollar ( or market value ). I wish I had a few more to sell ... :rolleyes:

7. It's gonna bring what ever the buyer is ready to pay.
    Sold 1 @ LARS 4 years ago for Big Bucks, Was still in the OG box.
    Bought in in early 70's for almost nothin.
    Also bought a 36 that was hangin on Gene Scotts wall for years for $35
    in th early 70's.
    It brought Big Bucks the same year @ LARS

8. MilesM

MilesM

Well, glad to know I did not over pay at the time!

The one on the car in Scottsdale does not have a crank hole.

9. All you guy's that live in warm weather in the winter have no idea how tough life here in Canada can get in the winter I'm not in the coldest climate, but I've experienced days of -47 degrees celcius and when you include the wind chill have experienced days of -80 degrees celcius. When you have to depend on your 32 Ford to get you to work, that winterfront is just what I need. Oh wait a minute, I'll just block the rad off with an old beer box!!!

10. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

11. Roupe

Roupe

It looks like I,m the guy that needs one! :):):D

Attached Files:

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ha Ha, Good one. dont forget to punch in a few holes for breathing room. The Canadian way.

13. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

There was a discussion on an antique car forum a few weeks ago about Pines Winterfronts. Some of the guys had rare ones like 1925 Willys Knight and 1928 Lincoln. They agreed the going price was under $100 , because they are ugly and no longer useful for anything (who drives a 1928 Lincoln in winter?).

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEAH!!! Kick ass!!! :cool::cool: Agreed! You DO deserve one!!!

15. -Brent-

-Brent-

And a hood, too. :D

16. Ive gotten bit by that before. Collecting old parts that were worth $$$$ then someone comes along with a repop worth 10% of the original.

17. Roupe

Roupe

I agree , it was off for repair. ;)

18. pitman

pitman

Not to mention an Armstrong Heater. ;)

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

A friend has one on his '32 3Window. He found it in the ORIGINAL BOX on the curb on scrap metal day in White Planes N.Y. about 20 years ago. Still the best Pines Winter Front deal ever.

20. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Always wondered why all the winter fronts were on So Cal cars. Must be the cold hard cash.

21. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

Cut a 36 Piney up to put a lasalle in my 36 still have one also if I can get good money like that it would be worth it to sell!

22. fuzzface

fuzzface

I see they lowered the reserve to $9901, so the next bidder will meet it.

23. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

I can't wait till I get everything together and start selling exact re-pops from China for considerably less. See how long that takes to drive the price of originals down. LOL!

24. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Seems like someone was redoing these as a 'speciality' order but cant remember the details. Its like the complete set of Kinmont brakes i found a few years back...As im talking to the guy about parts i finally sprung the question how much?? He said 15....i had $1,200...But then when he made reference to buying on of these i knew right then i was out of my league...He showed me what he said was rough one for $3500....I dunno, pretty dumb in my opinion....But hey whatever some people need that type of attention when it comes to talking about the build of there car.

25. and a 25 louver hood on the same car......

26. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

If I could afford one I'd buy it. I like them and they are different. Sets your car apart from the next 32 ford. But it's hard to swallow when you can get a whole chassis for $10000.

27. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

28. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

IF its good, that 610 is getting to be the low side, nice original ones spike up closer to 1k price.

29. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I see that now.:eek: There's another one on there BIN for $1750...ouch! If I only had a time machine.:D

30. 35 Dodge Hot Rod

35 Dodge Hot Rod
    from Mecca